Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build new pc for Diablo 3 - Budget: 5-600€

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€35.69
    ASRock B75M, Sockel 1155, mATX|€59.85
    Intel Core i5-3550 Box, LGA1155|€188.11
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€43.13
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€31.99
    Powercolor HD6870 1024MB Dual-DVI/HD1M2I5|€144.30
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz|€16.58
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 500GB SATA 6GB's|€62.56
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€601.20

You have a Z68 in your build and there's no need since you won't be overclocking.

The HDD you picked is a laptop drive. You'd still be able to use it but you'd need a mounting bracket and the speeds would be slower.

Went up to an Ivy Bridge i5 quad. Will be better than the i3 dual core, particularity in the future as more and more games are using more cores.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Item|Price
    ASRock B75M, Sockel 1155, mATX|€59.85
    Intel Core i5-3550 Box, LGA1155|€188.11
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€31.99
    Powercolor HD6870 1024MB Dual-DVI/HD1M2I5|€144.30
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz|€16.58
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€601.20

You have a Z68 in your build and there's no need since you won't be overclocking.

The HDD you picked is a laptop drive. You'd still be able to use it but you'd need a mounting bracket and the speeds would be slower.

Went up to an Ivy Bridge i5 quad. Will be better than the i3 dual core, particularity in the future as more and more games are using more cores.
    He is willing to OC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

He is willing to OC ;)

I meant with that processor :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tibor Duchaj

Thx a ton for the replies! I`ll check them both and see which one would suit best. 630 should still be good, however what is the diff between those 2 processors?

• Advertisement

Thx a ton for the replies! I`ll check them both and see which one would suit best. 630 should still be good, however what is the diff between those 2 processors?

His is better off the bat, as it's slightly more modern. But the 2500k can be overclocked to waaaay past that, very easily. The 3550 can't be overclocked at all.

Cool! Any major differnces between the 2 video cards? Im just putting together the order now, do you know how much time it usually takes to get the package? Maybe a week or so?

Cool! Any major differnces between the 2 video cards? Im just putting together the order now, do you know how much time it usually takes to get the package? Maybe a week or so?

I'd say the XFX is cooler, go for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Nope, the XFX is as loud as hell, its fan profile is overly aggressive and should be avoided if possible. The PowerColor is the better option here.

Shows how much I know :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Popey32

ASRock B75M, Sockel 1155, mATX I dont think you can overclock with this motherboard. Better to spend extra on the motherboard so you have upgrade paths in the future. Get the core 3 2120 which will be more than enough for your needs now.

Thx Popey! Any suggestions on motherboards which might last for a year or two? Also im considering to get a monitor as well. Any ideas for the best price/value these days? That can be on the top of the 600 of course.

Thanks!

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€190.81
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€82.61
    BitFenix Merc Alpha|€31.61
    ASUS DRW-24B3ST Bulk SATA schwarz|€18.78
    Sapphire HD6870 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DVI-D / HDMI / DP|€146.56
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€630.74

I really, really recommend getting that CPU/Mobo instead of a 2120, might be slight overkill but it will do you for years. As for monitors, the Dell UltraSharp U2312HM is brilliant, if you can afford it.

So I`ve got the order. Do you know how to get this money transfer done? If I`ll go to the bank what details should I provide? Couldnt really find anything about it on their website in English....

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

So I`ve got the order. Do you know how to get this money transfer done? If I`ll go to the bank what details should I provide? Couldnt really find anything about it on their website in English....

They will send you an email once the order goes through and you can bring that with you to the bank. I transferred the money for my build yesterday at around 1.30 pm and my package was dispatched around 2.00 pm today.

Sweet! I`ll do the transfer tmrrw with online banking and hopefully I`ll get it within 2 weeks. If you dont mind just send me a msg here once you got the package just to know roughly how much time it takes, ok? Thank you!

Sweet! I`ll do the transfer tmrrw with online banking and hopefully I`ll get it within 2 weeks. If you dont mind just send me a msg here once you got the package just to know roughly how much time it takes, ok? Thank you!

No problem mate. From reading a few different posts from around here I'm expecting it on Thursday or Friday at the latest. Fingers crossed.

hehe I hope you will get it soon! :) I just transfered the money this morning, but a standard transfer should take about 3 business days. So hopefully they`ll have the money by tuesday then either next week or the week after I`ll have it too. What parts did you order?

This is mine at the end(the case and PSU coming from Dabs.ie as it was much cheaper with them):

8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    No HV20G325DE 35,69 € 1 35,69 €
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX
    No HV1132RBDE 82,61 € 1 82,61 €
    Compucase Z-UF33 USB 3.0, 3.5" Multifunktionspanel
    No HV30XI30DE 13,39 € 1 13,39 €
    Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155
    No HV20I212DE 104,69 € 1 104,69 €
    LogiLink USB 2.0 all-in-one Card Reader, für 3,5" Einbauchschacht
    No HV20LC23DE 6,32 € 1 6,32 €
    Samsung SyncMaster S24A300BL
    No HV21SL24DE 141,78 € 1 141,78 €
    Sapphire HD6870 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DL-DVI-I+SL-DVI-D / HDMI / DP
    No HV1027SMDE 146,56 € 1 146,56 €
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s
    No HV13SB71DE 80,35 € 1 80,35 €

hehe I hope you will get it soon! :) I just transfered the money this morning, but a standard transfer should take about 3 business days. So hopefully they`ll have the money by tuesday then either next week or the week after I`ll have it too. What parts did you order?

Well, I only went with the standard transfer and it was still there first thing the next day. Hopefully they will receive your transfer this morning.

I'll post my build when I get home on my lunch.

• Advertisement

thats a good one!! Im still considering the case and the psu from dabs.ie or maybe some other site... Your is pretty cool but Im tight on budget so couldnt afford 150 on them. well lemme know once you got it, i`ll monitor my order on their website too.

Have a good wend!

Cheers mate. Enjoy the weather!

Have been keeping an eye on my delivery and noticed that it hadn't moved since Friday. Had a look online at German bank holidays and guess what... Today is one.

Weak.

Ah yeah actually this is a Bank holiday in Hungary as well. Thats where I`m from. Well my is still in the order-online status so I guess they will get my money tmrrw and HOPEFULLY ship it during the afternoon. I dont think i`ll get the pack by the end of this week but lets hope 4 d best.
    In the meantime I`ve ordered my case, PSU, speaker and keyboard from dabs.ie.
    Ordered at 12 and it has already a UPS tracking nbr which will be collected tmrrw morning from them. Quick, prompt action from them.

Ah yeah actually this is a Bank holiday in Hungary as well. Thats where I`m from. Well my is still in the order-online status so I guess they will get my money tmrrw and HOPEFULLY ship it during the afternoon. I dont think i`ll get the pack by the end of this week but lets hope 4 d best.
    In the meantime I`ve ordered my case, PSU, speaker and keyboard from dabs.ie.
    Ordered at 12 and it has already a UPS tracking nbr which will be collected tmrrw morning from them. Quick, prompt action from them.

Nice. Did you stick with the build above?

Yeah just got a cool case from dabs.ie :
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/best-value-k-720b-gaming-case-with-red-interior--no-psu--8208.html
    Darth Vader Case :D
    and the speaker which I forgot at the time of the order from the german website :)
    The keyboard and mouse will be basic for now, but I can upgrade the bits & pieces later on. Maybe once you start selling yours hahaha

They have just changed the status for ready for collection so I think they will ship it later today or tmrrw with DHL. Aaah I hope it will be here by friday :)
    Dabs.ie also shipped the package with UPS, and I already have the tracking number for it.
    Do you know any good test program to test the processor and graphic card? Maybe we could test them and see the results once we both got the parts ;)

My delivery arrived today. Earlier than expected. Spent 3.5 hours putting it together. So far so good. Downloading battlefield 3 as I type.

No major problems although I had to stick with the intel stock cooler as the cooler I chose was too big for the motherboard. Couldn't get access to the ram and fan was touching a heatsink.

Live and learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Maybe you can rotate the heatsink or put the fan on another side. I wouldn't be concerned if the fan was just touching a RAM heatsink. RAM doesn't really get that hot.

Advertisement