Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Wow that would be a big loss for Titans no? Cook is very talented.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep, I think it would be a trade for a defensive player while we could do with a beefing up giving up cookie who's one of our main offensive threats is not good business

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Oh dear. Season over for Tennessee. Must be a horrible afternoon in Nashville for Titan fans. 28-2 and it is not even half-time against the Bears!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Great way to put last week behind us. CJ is really back on form and is looking more dangerous than any other HB in the league.
    I don't know what to say about lockers performance, I really like the guy and I like how he brings a running threat which also benefits CJ, and I love that he threw 2 TD's and no INTS, but 9 for 21 isn't great.
    The D decided it would like to play some football too. I thought a better defensive showing than Broncos and Seahawks this weekend.
    My favourite stat though is no turnovers, 3 of the 4 games we've had zero turnovers, (FU bears).

• Advertisement

I think We'll win 4 of our last 6 games. I think we'll beat the jags x 2, colts and jets, and lose to packers and texans.

Won't be enough to make wildcard though :(

The D won this game, if the D was playing as normal im sure it would have been more of a contest.
    Great to go into the bye week with such a win though.
    The team should train hard and be pumped for the Jags game (which should be a win imo)

On Locker yeah his completion % wasnt great, but he has been out for a few weeks so i'd put it down to him being rusty.
    He'll benefit with the bye week, he's come through a game without an injury and now has 2 weeks to get his accuracy back up

Anyone staying up for the game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyhans

Yep i am. Is it on the red button?

Was on BBC I think!

Wasnt a good game despite the turn overs.
    The Titans continue to struggled on 3rd downs with 2 out of 13 (i think)

Locker also not good but C2J broke off a great run for the TD.

2 games left, would be great to get 2 wins but can see a packers kicking and then a tight game against the Jags.

• Advertisement

Some more rumours that Cookie is going to leave.
    He feels nto enough forward progress is being made..

This is the kind of draft class that the titans really need.

I love the idea of taking Warmack with out first pick which most experts seem to believe will happen. I know taking an offensive guard in the top 10 is normally avoided but I think he is the best prospect in the draft.

I then would like us to take a pass rusher with our second pick. We missed out on JPP by one pick 2 years ago and a player who kinda reminds me of him is Ansah, Not much experience but great ability.

I would then like us to take Tyler Bray in the third if he drops that far (i think he is a third rounder but with so many teams needing a QB I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the second round. Locker hasn't convinced me he's our guy yet although I do really like him. So maybe a move like this might make Locker push himself harder and give some competition for the starting job in a year.

In the 4th I'd like us to go to our interior OL again. Maybe someone like Bailey? I hear he is well thought of, and is considered equally good on the left or right. We are sorted at tackle with Roos and Stewart. Once we sort out our interior I think we'll see massive production from CJ and a lot more protection for Locker. I think sorting our interior brings most benefit to the team.

In our 5th and final pick I'd like for us to take a chance on mathieu if he is still available.

I'd like for us to grab a CB in free agency. It's looking like there could be some very talented corners available in the market.

1) Warmack OG
    2) Ansah DE
    3) Bray QB
    4) Bailey OG
    5) Mathieu CB/Returner

What's your thoughts Heli?

Happy someone has posted in here.. the tumbleweed was getting lonely!!

A lot of mock drafts are linking us with Chance and I must say from my limited views of him he seems a very good fit for the Titans. A power house blocker and one that doesnt seem easy to get past and get to the QB.

I think in the second round it will be a Safety, it really depends on who is left at this point, if Manti managed to fall this far i think he should be taken.

I cant see us taking a QB, Hass has said he's happy to stay and renegotiate his deal to be cheaper. He's realistic that he is back up, he will see some game time. I can see him staying for another 2 years so plenty of time for a QB considering Locker should be QB for 10 or more years. I see the Titans going Guard on this pick, but who again I'm not really sure

A good Titans site i am on, lays it out like this but their 1st pick is Between the top rated safety left and Chance (presuming he's there)

2nd round: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    3rd round: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
    4th round: Alex Hurst, OT, LSU
    5th round: Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
    7th round: Abry Jones, DT, Georgia

But if i was a betting man...

2nd round: Safety
    3rd round: OG
    4th round: DE
    5th round: HB
    7th round: WR

I can see us spending out money in FA, Munch knows this is his last season if he doesnt at least get to 8-8 (or show massive improvements with a lesser record) So he's going to splash the cash.
    Cliff Avril getting linked already, would be a big plus for me.
    Decent RB and a few will be available (Shonn Greene?!)
    However... I think if Cromartie became available, he should be a serious target. I could also see the Titans go for a good WR, someone to help out when Britt is having an off day, while we have a lot of numbers a good WR who will catch is still needed.

I think if we don't go Warmack we'll be looking at Milliner at CB. He does look very talented.

We have lots of cap, which means we can be active in the Free Agency market.

I worry that Lockers accuracy won't ever be good enough. He has the intangibles and leadership qualities, he has the toughness and is good on the ground, he has a strong arm but he is just not accurate.

At the same time, its probably not best year to take a QB with so many needs.

I also think this is a pretty poor draft class for safety, so that might have to wait till next year.

I think if we don't go Warmack we'll be looking at Milliner at CB. He does look very talented.
    I worry that Lockers accuracy won't ever be good enough. He has the intangibles and leadership qualities, he has the toughness and is good on the ground, he has a strong arm but he is just not accurate.
    I also think this is a pretty poor draft class for safety, so that might have to wait till next year.

I think at this point for round 1, it will be OG, S, CB but that may chance as FAs get named, you could get a proven guy for relatively cheap. But all the signs point to Chance being a star Guard for years to come.

also a couple of quiet rumours about the Titans trading down in the draft for a top pick next year if there are doubts about Lockers recover and general level of play.

Titans should be signing 4/5 really good quality players in FA, the only risk is if the Fins/Colts want them too, they have so much more cash that if it becomes a bidding war we'll lose

On Locker, I think the early dislocation really rattled him, hopefully he gets back in good shape and in the season gets time in the pocket to throw and in all honesty Johnson needs to be come a dependable RB and not a 1 in 50 play spectacular back, Locker is not Brady, he needs support from his back when he's feeling pressure and can take a few plays off. Forcing him to make passes because the RB is awful is not going to end well!

I think Elam and Reid are the best, but there are some doubts on just how good they are, I wouldnt be surprised to see one of them fall (for Elam due to his size) but there's a Safety from Georgia called Rambo... someone has to take him!!

This is the kind of draft class that the titans really need.

I love the idea of taking Warmack with out first pick which most experts seem to believe will happen. I know taking an offensive guard in the top 10 is normally avoided but I think he is the best prospect in the draft.

I then would like us to take a pass rusher with our second pick. We missed out on JPP by one pick 2 years ago and a player who kinda reminds me of him is Ansah, Not much experience but great ability.

I would then like us to take Tyler Bray in the third if he drops that far (i think he is a third rounder but with so many teams needing a QB I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the second round. Locker hasn't convinced me he's our guy yet although I do really like him. So maybe a move like this might make Locker push himself harder and give some competition for the starting job in a year.

In the 4th I'd like us to go to our interior OL again. Maybe someone like Bailey? I hear he is well thought of, and is considered equally good on the left or right. We are sorted at tackle with Roos and Stewart. Once we sort out our interior I think we'll see massive production from CJ and a lot more protection for Locker. I think sorting our interior brings most benefit to the team.

In our 5th and final pick I'd like for us to take a chance on mathieu if he is still available.

I'd like for us to grab a CB in free agency. It's looking like there could be some very talented corners available in the market.

1) Warmack OG
    2) Ansah DE
    3) Bray QB
    4) Bailey OG
    5) Mathieu CB/Returner

What's your thoughts Heli?

Not a chance Ansah is around in the 2nd round. If he has a good combine he'll be a lock for top 15 (maybe higher)

I think Warmack will be a great pick for ye in the 1st round. CJ showed last year that he still possesses all the ability in the world and a you said anything to help protect Locker helps.

Will ye hold onto Jared Cook Jr. and will Kenny Britt get back to his best?

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Not a chance Ansah is around in the 2nd round. If he has a good combine he'll be a lock for top 15 (maybe higher)

I think Warmack will be a great pick for ye in the 1st round. CJ showed last year that he still possesses all the ability in the world and a you said anything to help protect Locker helps.

Will ye hold onto Jared Cook Jr. and will Kenny Britt get back to his best?

Britt has been unlucky with injuries. I think he will have a great year and I dont think he is too far off elite when he is playing well.

Cook I'm not so sure on. There are some talented TE's in the draft so if he goes there are a number of options to replace him.

The draft seems deep in pass rushing talent and with an early second round pick I'm hopeful of us picking up someone talented.

I think cook will be tagged mainly because he's not happy and thinks he can go to a better team. If he gets tagged and the titans are awful this year he'll walk, if the titans are better and essentially he gets more of the ball he'll stay. A lot if ifs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

Complete opposite imo. Maybe there's no one worthy of 10th overall though no one had Barron going in the top 10 until very close to the draft so someone like Kenny Vaccaro could make that jump this year. After that though the safety class is very deep for guys in round 2 and 3. TJ McDonald, Bacari Rambo, Matt Elam, Eric Reid and Robert Lester are some of the bigger names off the top of my head. There's also talk about Amerson being a better fit at FS then CB in the NFL, would be great having such a ball-hawk back there but there are big questions about his tackling.

With that talent on the board I would be surprised if the Titans didn't take a Safety in the first 3-4 rounds of draft this year, free-agency withstanding.

I don't think Reid or Elam will survive past the 1st round, but for the Titans if they do it would be fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

I don't think Reid or Elam will survive past the 1st round, but for the Titans if they do it would be fantastic!

I've seen mixed reports on both, the pre draft process might determine how high or low they go. Don't think the Titans could go wrong with either of them of TJ McDonald in the second though if that's the direction they want to go in.

First round pick will be interesting. Not sure a Guard is worth 10th overall so unless they trade back I think they might take a DT or DE as that's where the value could match need imo.

If Chance is as good as people say, he's worth it given the struggles this year, then it's hoping that one of the decent SS or CBs fall to the 2nd round.

If Chance is as good as people say, he's worth it given the struggles this year, then it's hoping that one of the decent SS or CBs fall to the 2nd round.

There is gonna be so many good corners in free agency I think that's when we'll make a move on a cb. I was happy when we lost Cortland but last season proved me wrong. We badly missed him. I'm reading that there is a strong chance that Falcons will be cutting Asante Samuel or Dunta Robinson, that Eagles may not be keeping Cromartie and Asomugha.

There will be plenty of talent in free agency. It just depends if Bud Adams is willing to pay for it.

I think Warmack would be a great pick but at the same time if we choose him and make no improvement it will look like a terrible decision using a top 10 pick on a guard and not taking a pass rusher or corner with elite potential.
    So I wonder if that will play on their minds when making the decision.

The question is,'... Are guards elite?

Also it seems the titans have made a big for Chris Canty..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

There is gonna be so many good corners in free agency I think that's when we'll make a move on a cb. I was happy when we lost Cortland but last season proved me wrong. We badly missed him. I'm reading that there is a strong chance that Falcons will be cutting Asante Samuel or Dunta Robinson, that Eagles may not be keeping Cromartie and Asomugha.

There will be plenty of talent in free agency. It just depends if Bud Adams is willing to pay for it.

Cary Williams will be a FA

Only reason I put this on the Titans thread is that he is a former Titan!

Signed by Baltimore off the practice squad and has been a consistent starter the last three years

Strong and physical corner, 6' 1", 190lbs, good in press coverage but not so good at all playing off his man. 4 INTs this season

We'll take him mike!
    Presume he'll be cheap :pac:

Also it seems the titans have made a big for Chris Canty..

Canty is an excellent interior pass-rusher but not very strong against the run.

Was sad to see him leave but his salary wouldn't allow us to keep him. If he is back in full health he'll be of great benefit.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Canty is an excellent interior pass-rusher but not very strong against the run.

Was sad to see him leave but his salary wouldn't allow us to keep him. If he is back in full health he'll be of great benefit.

Agreed, I have faith in the LBs to do a decent job on the run stopping so happy to take a good pass rusher to complement the DEs in place already

• Advertisement

Munch.... go get Woodson, he'll shore up the D for a year and give us the ability to to use a first on a CB/SS/FS next year

Advertisement