Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Utterly ridiculous day at work. Sick to the back teeth of all the stupid petty bitching that goes on, it's headwrecking. All I want is to go to work, do my job, and come home again. I have no interest in all the politics of who said what to who and who knows what about who and all the nonsense. Ffs! Acoshla, i think you better pour me some of that wine

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

am in my hotel watching tv, and the only thing on is take me out, sweet jesus, I think I'm getting dumber by the minute with this on

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ended up having to get dropped home from work today - head was splitting open. Wasn't a great idea either to go down to the basketball games, but delighted that both the teams I'm involved in won. Normally can get away with taking something and sleeping for a bit which cures the head, but of course not tonight - the night before a 40% assessment test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

pampootie wrote: »
    Utterly ridiculous day at work. Sick to the back teeth of all the stupid petty bitching that goes on, it's headwrecking. All I want is to go to work, do my job, and come home again. I have no interest in all the politics of who said what to who and who knows what about who and all the nonsense. Ffs! Acoshla, i think you better pour me some of that wine

It's bottles of Bud actually, but I have vodka, whiskey, cider, wine and some weird foreign stuff, which dya want? :) Btw I work alone and it's just as headwrecking as working with people! Well, today it is anyway, sigh.
    krudler wrote: »
    am in my hotel watching tv, and the only thing on is take me out, sweet jesus, I think I'm getting dumber by the minute with this on

Irish or English? English one is funny stupid, Irish one is full of scum, cringeworthy and seems to be filmed in a tin can such is the sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Acoshla wrote: »
    It's bottles of Bud actually, but I have vodka, whiskey, cider, wine and some weird foreign stuff, which dya want? :)

Weird foreign stuff! And a backup hot whiskey in case I don't like it.

• Advertisement

I

Irish or English? English one is funny stupid, Irish one is full of scum, cringeworthy and seems to be filmed in a tin can such is the sound quality.

English one, its hilarious how these women judge a guy within a split second, and yet most of them are super fake hair/tans/fake everything full of themselves gasbags. is there one where guys judge a girl? or have they not done that yet.

English one, its hilarious how these women judge a guy within a split second, and yet most of them are super fake hair/tans/fake everything full of themselves gasbags. is there one where guys judge a girl? or have they not done that yet.

No cos women would go mad that that was sexist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Grr I am doing a college assignment and am so not motivated, surely if I copy and paste from the internet it will be fine, they say it so much smarter than I can, fed up with study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

careymary wrote: »
    Grr I am doing a college assignment and am so not motivated, surely if I copy and paste from the internet it will be fine, they say it so much smarter than I can, fed up with study!

Meet your sister, this whole college work thang sucks balls.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

EmilyO wrote: »
    Meet your sister, this whole college work thang sucks balls.

:(

There has to be an easier way!
    Ah no, I am usually quite good but cant get in the mindset to finish what I need done for tomorrow, yuck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Independence Day is on! Kinda ashamed to say this is one of my faves! :o

Listening to FM104 now. They're talking about this:

Things that are weird to do alone
    - Cinema
    - Go to a restaurant for dinner (not fast food restaurants)
    - Going on holiday

I have gone to the cinema alone and eaten alone too. Never really been on a holiday. Why is it weird to go to the cinema alone? I actually have done it a few times.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

- Cinema
    - Going on holiday

I have gone to the cinema alone and eaten alone too. Never really been on a holiday. Why is it weird to go to the cinema alone? I actually have done it a few times.

pfft, done all of those alone and had some great experiences, I have an epic rant in the ranting&raving forum about it , its the people who cant do anything alone are the weird ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

so just back from a coffee/alcoholic beverage date

it was awkward so very awkward! especially after our last encounter!

i got along with him and he is really cute but there was nothing there.... no spark
    the feeling was mutual.....

besides he is my best friends best friend so it was weird

its all good though its for the best although i do feel a little shíte about myself but its a good week....this is just a minor speed bump! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

- Cinema
    - Going on holiday

pfft, done all of those alone and had some great experiences, I have an epic rant in the ranting&raving forum about it , its the people who cant do anything alone are the weird ones.
    You're doing all 3 in 24 hours :D

Kiera wrote: »
    You're doing all 3 in 24 hours :D

like a boss :cool:

All my wiggling and hole poking didn't fix my laptop after all :(

Yeah I don't understand people who can't do things on their own. I actually love going to the cinema alone.

Apparently going to a club or mass on your own is weird too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Well, the guy who I liked who was giving me mixed messages is definitely a player of the worst sort and to be avoided altogether. Sigh.

I really, really thought I was done with all this sh*t :(

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Well, the guy who I liked who was giving me mixed messages is definitely a player of the worst sort and to be avoided altogether. Sigh.

I really, really thought I was done with all this sh*t :(
    Nope, there are lots of players out there. But there are also quite a few good guys. You gotta kiss a few frogs and all that jazz :)

Nope, there are lots of players out there. But there are also quite a few good guys. You gotta kiss a few frogs and all that jazz :)

I kissed enough friggin frogs in my teens and twenties, never thought I'd be back here again. It's a game I have absolutely no interest in playing anymore, I have to say.

/bitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Agreed, I used to work with a girl who wouldn't even walk to the shop by herself on her break in case people thought she was weird :confused:

Few things nicer than going for a coffee with nothing but a good book as a companion!

I kissed enough friggin frogs in my teens and twenties, never thought I'd be back here again. It's a game I have absolutely no interest in playing anymore, I have to say.

/bitter
    I'm 32 and the game playing and crap doesn't seem to fade the older we get it appears. Sucks, but at least when you're older you cop on quicker to it and move on to the next one in the hope he's not a total plum. What ever happened to the flirty 21 year old?

I'm 32 and the game playing and crap doesn't seem to fade the older we get it appears. Sucks, but at least when you're older you cop on quicker to it and move on to the next one in the hope he's not a total plum. What ever happened to the flirty 21 year old?

It's not even my age, it's just the fact that I've done the whole lot, gone through a marriage and I feel like, having come through that, I really couldn't be bothered with all the mind games that come with the early stages of meeting someone.

And the flirty 21 year old disappeared like a hot snot. I rather suspect their may have been an intervention from his brother, who's a casual friend of both me and STBEH.

It's not even my age, it's just the fact that I've done the whole lot, gone through a marriage and I feel like, having come through that, I really couldn't be bothered with all the mind games that come with the early stages of meeting someone.

And the flirty 21 year old disappeared like a hot snot. I rather suspect their may have been an intervention from his brother, who's a casual friend of both me and STBEH.
    Are you ready to meet someone? Why not kiss about for a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

It's bottles of Bud actually, but I have vodka, whiskey, cider, wine and some weird foreign stuff, which dya want? :) Btw I work alone and it's just as headwrecking as working with people! Well, today it is anyway, sigh.
    Wine for me please :)

Boyfriend cooked me a lovely dinner of chilli and garlic prawns with rice, it was so delicious.

Haagen Dazs Baileys ice cream now, never had it before, hope it's nice, sure as hell sounds nice :D

Haagen Dazs Baileys ice cream now, never had it before, hope it's nice, sure as hell sounds nice :D

That sounds amazing! :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

So I just took a stroll through a tiny organic foods shop down a side-street in Kensington in Toronto...and met an ex of mine from ELEVEN YEARS AGO. Who I last saw in a tennis club in Sligo when I was sixteen years old.

Ridiculous. And awkward. Really, really awkward :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Are you ready to meet someone? Why not kiss about for a bit?

I would snog the face off just about anyone right now! It's the lack of potential snogees that's getting me down.

It's the most amazingest thing in the whole world so it is.

On the topic of going places alone, I love going shopping on my own, absolutely hate when someone wants to come with me, other than my Mom, she's ok :p

Jane you've never been on a holiday? But how do you raise your core body temperature above Irish Freezing?? :eek::p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oh it is :-D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement