Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I've decided to take a break from slimming world for awhile and go back to diet chef for a couple of months. I don't really have the time for cooking from scratch at the moment, and my will power is at an all time low so I've really been taking the p with the free foods. Going to get back down to target on diet chef and then hopefully use slimming world to maintain, as maintenance obviously didn't go too well last time!

If you can't do it now you never will

Always make excuses to why you can't

I'm struggling myself but the support from my group in invaluable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Anyone know where I can buy fry light butter flavour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Anyone know where I can buy fry light butter flavour ?

What part of the country are you in? I know in galway its in Joyces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

If you can't do it now you never will

Always make excuses to why you can't

I'm struggling myself but the support from my group in invaluable

I'm not making excuses, for once! Diet chef just fits my lifestyle better at the moment. I'm not giving up, just switching diets for awhile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in? I know in galway its in Joyces.

I'm in Kildare. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

My first weigh in tonight and down 4lbs. TBH I'm kinda disappointed, I was exceptionally good and exercised for 45 minutes every day. The exercise has been put on hold as I ruptured my calf muscle at a Zumba class last night. I'm raging as I was completely in the zone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rubylolz

Hi all, just wondering if any of you doing the plan struggle to lose on your 'star' week... (time of the month)

My first weigh in tonight and down 4lbs. TBH I'm kinda disappointed, I was exceptionally good and exercised for 45 minutes every day. The exercise has been put on hold as I ruptured my calf muscle at a Zumba class last night. I'm raging as I was completely in the zone!!

How heavy are you though?

If you're 30 stone, 4lbs isn't much, alright. However, if you're 10 stone 4lbs seems like a good loss (to me anyway).

It's all relative :)

How heavy are you though?

If you're 30 stone, 4lbs isn't much, alright. However, if you're 10 stone 4lbs seems like a good loss (to me anyway).

It's all relative :)

I was 13st 2lbs at my first weigh in. I'm thinking back to my WW days when I used to drop over 7lbs in the first week. I was over 19 stone back then. As you correctly point of it's all relative.

I'm hoping to have 3 down this week.

• Advertisement

Weighed in earlier tonight. Down 5.5lbs. Got my 1.5 stone award, and my second Slimmer of the Week. This was my 4th slimming world week.

My starting weight (4 weeks before I joined SW) was 18st 11lbs. I set an 8 week goal to get to 16st 6lbs. Today is the day my 8 weeks is up, and I'm 16st 9lbs. So didn't quite make my target, but I reckon I'm only off by a week (should be able to drop 3lbs this week, to get to 16st 6lbs for next weigh in).

16st 6lbs is the lowest weight I got to when I really tried about three years ago, prior to going on a holiday (after the holiday I gave up and went back to eating crap cos I'd no goal anymore). So I set that as my short term goal.

My SW goal at the moment is 14st (probably should've went with 15st, as it seems more achievable, really). When I got to 16st 6lbs last time, I found it had become very difficult to keep it up (I was in the gym a lot and I was eating feck all). It seems and feels much more achievable to go beyond that this time, but I'm looking forward to seeing 16st 5lbs on a scale. Will be my lowest weight in about 5-6 years (since I started keeping a vague idea about my weight in general, with random bursts of gym lovin' and extreme dieting thrown in here and there, which always ended in failure for me).

So exciting times ahead.

I currently do more than my fair share of walking, and a decent bit of jogging (though my fitness levels are deplorable). Once I get to 16st 6lbs I plan to introduce a bit of swimming (in the sea at the beach, not in a swimming pool) and a basic, relatively easy kettlebell routine.

My theory is that I will be (hopefully!) able to combat my weight loss slowing down by introducing an extra arsenal of exercises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

4lbs down will get my stone award next week yahay!! Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Down 3 in my first week but I cheated a lot (ended up away for the weekend) Going to do better this week. Anybody got breakfast at your desk tips? Currently its been fruit and a muller light

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Pingi wrote: »
    Down 3 in my first week but I cheated a lot (ended up away for the weekend) Going to do better this week. Anybody got breakfast at your desk tips? Currently its been fruit and a muller light

What about Ryvita (HEB) or can be synned, with banana on it. I actually have that as a snack. Or you could have cereal, 2 Weetabix counts as your HEB.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Pingi wrote: »

The night before, fill a lunchbox with fruit, yogurt (mullerlights or just fat free natural yogurt), and 35g of porridge oats (HeB). Overnight the oats soak up the yoghurt and it makes a super tasty and filling breakfast! Easy to transport too. Frozen berries work best, but any fruit will do.

Also, if you can't be bothered weighing out 35g of oats, just use a fry light lid to scoop them out - it makes 35g exactly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

wha wrote: »
    Also, if you can't be bothered weighing out 35g of oats, just use a fry light lid to scoop them out - it makes 35g exactly! :D

Best tip ever! :)

Down 2.5lbs tonight. I'm happy with that considering I couldn't exercise this week. Just .5 lbs off my half stone reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Weighed in earlier tonight. Down 5.5lbs. Got my 1.5 stone award, and my second Slimmer of the Week. This was my 4th slimming world week.

My starting weight (4 weeks before I joined SW) was 18st 11lbs. I set an 8 week goal to get to 16st 6lbs. Today is the day my 8 weeks is up, and I'm 16st 9lbs. So didn't quite make my target, but I reckon I'm only off by a week (should be able to drop 3lbs this week, to get to 16st 6lbs for next weigh in).

16st 6lbs is the lowest weight I got to when I really tried about three years ago, prior to going on a holiday (after the holiday I gave up and went back to eating crap cos I'd no goal anymore). So I set that as my short term goal.

My SW goal at the moment is 14st (probably should've went with 15st, as it seems more achievable, really). When I got to 16st 6lbs last time, I found it had become very difficult to keep it up (I was in the gym a lot and I was eating feck all). It seems and feels much more achievable to go beyond that this time, but I'm looking forward to seeing 16st 5lbs on a scale. Will be my lowest weight in about 5-6 years (since I started keeping a vague idea about my weight in general, with random bursts of gym lovin' and extreme dieting thrown in here and there, which always ended in failure for me).

So exciting times ahead.

I currently do more than my fair share of walking, and a decent bit of jogging (though my fitness levels are deplorable). Once I get to 16st 6lbs I plan to introduce a bit of swimming (in the sea at the beach, not in a swimming pool) and a basic, relatively easy kettlebell routine.

My theory is that I will be (hopefully!) able to combat my weight loss slowing down by introducing an extra arsenal of exercises.

Whats an average days food like for u ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Down another 3.5 so that's 17.5 in total so far !

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Down 2.5 tonight and got rid of the last of my holiday gains! Only 1.5 to go to my 3 stone award. Hoping to get it next week, here's hoping the weather stays warm so I can keep eating salads for lunch and dinner! Hope everyone is having a good week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Finally got my 2 and a half award tonight yay!!! :) only 3 and a half to go for my 3 stone feeling absolutely on top of the world!!!!

Whats an average days food like for u ?

Ah it varies dramatically based on my mood.

Some days it consists solely of fruit and veg, other days its ready meals (where i can see the calories clearly attributed to what I'm eating), sometimes I cook a bit of chicken and curry. Perhaps a soup.

Thing about me though, is I exercise a lot, putting away, on average, 3 hours of walking a day, and eating very little (cos the walking seems to naturally supress my diet).

However, for the last week that hasn't been the case. I've not been exercising and I've overate at every opportunity.

This resulted in a gain of 3lbs on tuesday night. So I'm annoyed at that, but I've only myself and my laziness to blame. (though I do think a couple of days like that, where everything out the window, are a necessity to keep you interested in the weight loss battle).

So for this week I'm working my bollocks off and pushing myself. It's nigh-on impossible, but I want 6lbs off. I know I probably won't get it, but sure you just have to try, don't you! :)

So for the first time in my life, I'm able to jog 5k without stopping. I've done this 4 times and I'm hoping that I can do a constant-pace-jog of 10k before Christmas rolls around. That's something I'd be really pleased with (never thought I'd be able for 5k!).

So I'm covering about 15-16km per day at the moment on foot. However my last week of messing about eating sh*te has thrown me further from my short term goal (16st 6lbs). I currently weight 16st 12lbs (hence wanting to lose 6lbs in a week) so I'm angered at my own stupidity but also keen to keep getting stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ah it varies dramatically based on my mood.

Some days it consists solely of fruit and veg, other days its ready meals (where i can see the calories clearly attributed to what I'm eating), sometimes I cook a bit of chicken and curry. Perhaps a soup.

Thing about me though, is I exercise a lot, putting away, on average, 3 hours of walking a day, and eating very little (cos the walking seems to naturally supress my diet).

However, for the last week that hasn't been the case. I've not been exercising and I've overate at every opportunity.

This resulted in a gain of 3lbs on tuesday night. So I'm annoyed at that, but I've only myself and my laziness to blame. (though I do think a couple of days like that, where everything out the window, are a necessity to keep you interested in the weight loss battle).

So for this week I'm working my bollocks off and pushing myself. It's nigh-on impossible, but I want 6lbs off. I know I probably won't get it, but sure you just have to try, don't you! :)

So for the first time in my life, I'm able to jog 5k without stopping. I've done this 4 times and I'm hoping that I can do a constant-pace-jog of 10k before Christmas rolls around. That's something I'd be really pleased with (never thought I'd be able for 5k!).

So I'm covering about 15-16km per day at the moment on foot. However my last week of messing about eating sh*te has thrown me further from my short term goal (16st 6lbs). I currently weight 16st 12lbs (hence wanting to lose 6lbs in a week) so I'm angered at my own stupidity but also keen to keep getting stuck in.

Jogging is something I really want to take up. I think I'd enjoy it. Fair play to you, such an achievement to get to 5k. Go you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 snowdays

Does anyone know if there is a meeting on Saturday mornings in Meath or Louth? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Just had a disastrous holiday, up eight and a half pounds! Back on the straight and narrow now, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Down 1 tonight, I didn't really deserve it as I had a dodgy few days this week. I think I got lucky with the good weather as I only wore a sundress to group, I'd say next time I wear jeans I'll have a gain! Only 0.5 to go to my 3 stone award and I'm really hoping to get there next week. And maybe a little bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Down 7.5 pounds this week. Slimming World is fantastic.
    Started first week in October 2013, I've lost 11 stone 3 pounds. Yippee. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Down 7.5 pounds this week. Slimming World is fantastic.
    Started first week in October 2013, I've lost 11 stone 3 pounds. Yippee. Delighted.

O M G!!! That is literally amazing, seriously well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Hey guys,

Just joined sw group on monday so its my second day today. I feel like im eating too much! Can that be? For example had 2 pork chops with fried potato plus mushrooms, wanted to add salad bit was too stuffed so salad is still in the fridge. I barely use syncs just for little cappuchino. Are you all eating much or how ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You can eat plenty on SW but just be careful how and what you are eating. You said fried chips? What kind of fried chips as normal fried chips wouldn't be free.
    Were they with frylite?
    You are meant to have 1/3 super free with each meal so I would yet and make sure you eat that before eating you free.
    You can eat so much on the plan as long as it's the right stuff and the free and super free foods.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement