Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Acquisition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You ain't got it yet boy! Many things can happen in the time it takes to get to you. Oh it could be a glorious distaster indeed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

i hope you asked him to ship abroad first. and shipping is gonna cripple you.

having said that, well done, enjoy your new amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You mean like having a head and cab without a speaker cable? ;)

Shipping is an entirely reasonable $107, I'll have you know, and should be here in 4-6 days. :D

Yes. Exactly like that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

nice one we have heard many a discussion with it wasn't me sayin jcm 800 this and jcm 800 that...well done bud enjoy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 SG-Leper

Beautiful little combo man... can't go wrong with the JCM! :cool:

Any thoughts on getting maybe a 2 x 12 cab to beefen up the output?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Low blow! :rolleyes:

Nah, methinks this'll be more than enough for me to deal with for the time being. ;) Yeah, I know it's low, but he'll be playing before me anyway.

Yeah, I know it's low, but he'll be playing before me anyway.

Yep, I've been playing all day. :D

There really is nothing like a big-ass tube amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Get this sucker yet? I bet its loud as fúck.

Useless piece of Boards guitar information #726: Last summer It Wasn't Me and I managed to get guitar amps in any shape or form banned from DCU campus/residence, they wouldn't believe me when I said my ENGL had to be cranked to sound good. Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That reminds me of a time in TCD when we had a "band practice" in one of the society rooms that faces onto college green. It was out of term so we thought we'd be ok cranking up the volume (and the largest amp was a 30W solidstate guitar amp iirc). We'd forgotten about the scholarship exams and security came up and informed us that they had gotten an official complaint from the exam hall. Let's consult the map to see just how loud we were. The red dot is the room we were in and the blue splodge is the exam hall (which is impressive that even though we had everything as loud as we could, we still had to balance the sound to allow the acoustic instruments [clarinets] to be heard):
    map5mq.jpg

OK, enough off topicness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Clarinets you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Clarinets I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I said clarinets once. It didn't end well.

To get back on topic; Marshall, I say!

Get this sucker yet? I bet its loud as fúck.

Useless piece of Boards guitar information #726: Last summer It Wasn't Me and I managed to get guitar amps in any shape or form banned from DCU campus/residence, they wouldn't believe me when I said my ENGL had to be cranked to sound good. Fact.

I'm in Scotland, the bloody thing's probably sitting at home outside my gate knowing the delivery services in these parts. :rolleyes:

Also, regarding UPBGI #726: I dunno if they're banned completely now, but I can certainly confirm the staff and security do not appreciate Opeth being played through his Engl when it's cranked. Nearly had my door kicked in halfway through In Mist She Was Standing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

It is i saw the itinery (sp?) for DCU this year and it says no electric guitars/amplifiers, acoustic only.

I'm in Scotland, the bloody thing's probably sitting at home outside my gate knowing the delivery services in these parts. :rolleyes:

When are you getting back?

Back Thursday.

Freak: Heh, right so, well, something to be proud of I suppose. Never did make it to that second solo... Might go back for that... With the JCM800, which I daresay makes your ENGL sound like a toy radio. ;)

Advertisement