Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Preseason Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched the eagles game finally and bar the flag fest again I'm very happy overall with how the eagles played and the defense looked good. I could easily change my opinion and be ranting and cursing the team at some point during the season.

I didn't see any games last night but it appears not many people say all the games due to gamepass having a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Watched the eagles game finally and bar the flag fest again I'm very happy overall with how the eagles played and the defense looked good. I could easily change my opinion and be ranting and cursing the team at some point during the season.

I didn't see any games last night but it appears not many people say all the games due to gamepass having a moment.

biggest thing for me is that our 2nd team offence still destroyed there first team defense and our 1st team defense looked far better than last year. the last quarter or so when the steelers scored there points I'm happy enough to more or less ignore as a lot of those players won't make the roster anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Watching some games from yesterday. Geno Smith looks a better player this season. Has a pretty good arm, and now looks to be making ok decisions too. Not saying he’s gonna light it up, but looks capable of running a competent offense.

The Giants look in bad shape, o-line still looks very shaky. At one point the Jets dropped 9 and rushed 2, and the pass-rush still got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Redzone is on sky sports 2 at 12

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bradford's down and off to the locker room. It looks like his left knee twisted. Man, I hope that's not serious. :(

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Bradford's down and off to the locker room. It looks like his left knee twisted. Man, I hope that's not serious. :(

The rams are saying its not serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bit of messing going on last night behind the head coaches back

Endofgame.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

That is hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

fed7632ac56137b6ac8c491a351544f5.png

Pretty crazy that they of all teams haven't been flagged for it. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hopefully Bradford is okay for the start of the season. He looked really sharp last night, some really good throws before he went off.

• Advertisement

49ers game will go ahead the 49ers are saying despite a 6.1 magnitude earthquake hitting the Bay Area today.

Hopefully Bradford is okay for the start of the season. He looked really sharp last night, some really good throws before he went off.

He's torn his ACL and is done for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He's torn his ACL and is done for the year.

Wow what a blow for the Rams. Who is their backup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Wow what a blow for the Rams. Who is their backup?

Shaun Hill.
    Bradford has had some really shít luck with injuries if this is true. Edit: Seems to be confirmed :(
    He's looked very good both at the start of last season and in this preseason and to go down with another ACL injury is sickening.

Half time in the niners chargers. The field is shocking and Phil Dawson might have rolled his ankle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cuts are beginning, the deadline to move from 90 to 75 is 9pm Irish time on Tuesday

Ravens need some cornerback depth and Terrell Thomas has been cut by the Seahawks. Former 2nd round pick for the Giants. I don't know much about him but sounds interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Sitting in row 9 in the end zone at the Eagles vs Jets game. Kickoff in 5 minutes. Cheerleaders just finished performing. Teams taking the field. I'm in heaven. But I seem to be only person crazy enough to wear a Jets jersey in Phila. I hope to make it out alive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Amerika wrote: »
    Sitting in row 9 in the end zone at the Eagles vs Jets game. Kickoff in 5 minutes. Cheerleaders just finished performing. Teams taking the field. I'm in heaven. But I seem to be only person crazy enough to wear a Jets jersey in Phila. I hope to make it out alive. :)

Enjoy, good Sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That call against Brown for his INT as illegal contact seemed a bit of a pisstake just now, in Giants/Pats game.

Knex. wrote: »
    Enjoy, good Sir!

It sucked! The Jets got trounced by the Eagles 37 -7. The Jets played like a second string college team. It's not even September and I've already given up hopes of a decent season after that showing. The fans and even Eagles personnel had a field day with me wearing my Tim Tebow Jets jersey. At least it was all good natured, as Philadelphia is notorious for ugliness against fans wearing the opposing teams apparel. Didn't get home till 1 am and had to get up at 5 am for work. Hoping Penn State has a decent game tomorrow. A ray of sunshine in a gloomy football start would be much appreciated.

One thing that always amazes me is how different watching the game at the stadium is than on TV. TV makes the game seem spectacular, and being there shows these guys are mere mortals, not as big, or quick, or powerful as they look on the tele. And I notice that most of the fans in the seats watch the game on the jumbo trons rather than the actual play on the field. I wonder why then do they come.

The drop-dead gorgeous cheerleaders in skimpy outfits were the highlight of the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

If the Jets are in a mess broadly speaking then fair enough, but a 2-2 pre-season record with wins against the Colts and the Bengals suggests things aren’t all bad there.

I heard recently that in pre-season, coaches are happy to “mail in” a performance in a pre-season game after a good win, and when beaten, they go all out in the next game. Philly lost 2 and won 2 as well, against similar enough opposition, and yet so many people are high on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Amerika wrote: »
    It sucked! The Jets got trounced by the Eagles 37 -7. The Jets played like a second string college team. It's not even September and I've already given up hopes of a decent season after that showing.
    What did you expect in fairness, its game 4 of the preseason which is known for being a battle of backups! last nights performance should have very little effect on what the Jets do during the regular season
    me wearing my Tim Tebow Jets jersey.
    you sir should be ashamed of yourself

phatkev wrote: »
    What did you expect in fairness, its game 4 of the preseason which is known for being a battle of backups! last nights performance should have very little effect on what the Jets do during the regular season
    Both teams played their backups. With all the injuries experienced throughout the season, the performance of a teams backups is often key to their success. I expected the 3rd and 4th quarters to be pretty much worthless, but expected to see quality good play the first two quarters. Saw it from the Eagles, but not the Jets.

you sir should be ashamed of yourself

A $150 game jersey gotten for $19.99, I’m not ashamed one bit, and I’ve always admired Tim Tebow. I thought he was better than McElroy, but never got a chance to prove it. I think Tebow got a raw deal from the Jets. Though not pretty, he proved he could get the job done with the Broncos when given the chance, and did well in the playoffs. The Jets never seemed to give him much more than a couple of plays at a time.

I've not watched any games from the final pre season games bar knowing the eagles result. Is it worth my while watching any of them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

I'd watch the rookie qbs if at a loss. Bridgewater and manzel. Carr also had a decent game. Goropolo wont be starting this season so no point really.

Manzel looks a bit panicky to me. Also funny how the redzone feed went from he's great to giving out as game progressed

Advertisement