Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insidious 2

Options
  • 15-09-2013 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

Pretty surprised that there isn't already a thread about this already! Any particular reason??

Anyway, I loved the first Insidious. I went to see Insidious 2 tonight. Some of the scenes were a bit too obvious and I really feel they could have left more to the imagination, rather than shoving "obvious" horror in our faces.

That said, I found myself on the edge of my seat during a few scenes.

As a fan, I was hoping for better, though, I must say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

It was pretty poor. Most of the reaction to the original Insidious was along the lines of "mostly great; pity about the last half hour". Well, they stretched that half hour to full length in Insidious 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Went to see this tonight.

Same jump scares with worse dialogue and acting. It wasn't terrible imo but it wont be a film most will be rushing to see again.

A third film has already been announced also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭daithiocondun

I thought the Conjuring was better than Insidious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Saw this last night, I loved the first movie, I thought this was one of the worst movies I've ever paid to see.

The story is all over the place, It's like they just went mad over the top. It's not scary at all, there are lame predictable "jump" moments that rely heavily on the soundtrack being cranked up to "scare-deafen" you.

The story jumps through time periods all over the place too.
    The time travel stuff is
    so awful. Some dodgy voice dubs going on with elissa, some random joke parts thrown in because every two minutes we don't know if we want to make a horror or a cheesy fun movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

An uneven film to say the least. Not only the actors, but you can feel James Wan and the production itself phoning in the piece.

It got to a point where I didn't know what humour was intentional or not. All over the shop. When you have the audience in hysterics at the opening "Incidious" main credit music cue, you've got problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

One movie too far, while I liked the story arc of the bride in black I really hated the comedy duo that were the investigators. It wasn't even funny humour just forced cringed face palms.

Biggest jump scene was given away in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Saw this last night, I loved the first movie, I thought this was one of the worst movies I've ever paid to see.

The story is all over the place, It's like they just went mad over the top. It's not scary at all, there are lame predictable "jump" moments that rely heavily on the soundtrack being cranked up to "scare-deafen" you.

The story jumps through time periods all over the place too.
    The time travel stuff is
    so awful. Some dodgy voice dubs going on with elissa, some random joke parts thrown in because every two minutes we don't know if we want to make a horror or a cheesy fun movie.

On the voice dubs, wasn't that deliberate, I didn't see the point in it really, they initially had Elyse's face hidden so you couldn't see the move, but the dub wasn't even close.

Following on from my point last night about the silly comedy, I actually face palmed at the "oh! so that's what that was about" line was said.

On another note
    How did the door to the reading room open? Elyse herself said she came back when she hear Cal calling her, the Mother Mortis spirit hardly opened it for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Watching this again now. I was disappointed by it the first time around so I wonder if my lowered expectations will make it more enjoyable. Anybody else watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

whirlpool wrote: »
    Watching this again now. I was disappointed by it the first time around so I wonder if my lowered expectations will make it more enjoyable. Anybody else watch it?

Fair play, I couldn't put myself through watching that again. I was reminded of this film recently when I was watching a similar kind of film by Guillermo del toro, 'The Orphanage'. I'm not a fan of the genre but this film really holds it's own, and could have went well over the top like the first incidious but it didn't. Check it out, very good film.

Advertisement