Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

good films on YouTube currently

Options
  • 28-08-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

With autumn/winter closing in i thought itd be nice to share any suggestions as a good movie can be the best antidote to bad weather!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Please keep this to films legally available on youtube (of which there are few). Mentions of films illegally uploaded will be deleted. If in doubt, I would assume they are not there legitimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Apologies if I slipped up I thought YouTube was safe legal wise...
    I spent a lot of time trying to find something good to watch on YouTube while the weather was bad and thought I'd share!
    Will keep shtum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

How did you think films, released recently, uploaded to Youtube were legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

'How did you think films, released recently, uploaded to Youtube were legal?'

I think the OP just asked for films to watch on youtube.
    Did not ask for recent films.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Birneybau wrote: »
    How did you think films, released recently, uploaded to Youtube were legal?

My original post has been edited (not by me)
    The two films I recommended were 10 and 11 years old, is that considered recent in the land of film forum trolls?
    To be honest I'm not quite sure why its been left up if there is such a big issue.
    Anyway, moving on with life now..happy nit picking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Well, seeing as how this thread is on the verge of death, I figure I'll share some movies I like on YouTube. All of these are legally free to watch, put up by the film makers.

The Amateur Monster Movie.

Some boy scouts are killed on Monster Island, and it's up to the friend of one of the kids to get revenge, and uncover what's going on. I really enjoy this one, I've watched it a few times. It's dopey and immature in the best way, and has a cameo from Mark Borchardt! Recommended if you want an easy laugh.

We Are The Strange

Two people fight their way through an odd world on their way to the ice cream store. That's only barely the plot, because this film is weird as balls. M dot Strange makes CGI films, all of which are a labour of love. They're vivid and dark at the same time, and quite unsettling. Recommended if you want something different.

I'll Believe You

Sci-fi comedy. The host of a call-in conspiracy radio show receives a call on air in a bizarre language, which attracts the attention of the FBI. A pretty amazing cast, considering everything, with Ed Helms, Patrick Warburton and Thomas Gibson making appearances. An easy watch, if you have 90 minutes to spare.

I might post more, if this thread gets interest. There's TONS of free movies you can legally watch on YouTube, and not just ones from 1920 if you're only into modern movies. It just takes a bit of hunting. Last year I was completely broke most of the time, so I couldn't afford to buy DVDs or whatever, and discovering the wealth of the generous creative community online gave me months of enjoyment.

Also, many of the film makers have other movies available to buy, or accept donations, so be sure to check them out. M dot Strange has another feature length film here you can purchase, for example.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

The Troma channel on Youtube has a lot of horror films of varying quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Just found Chrysalis (2007) on YouPoop. The version is English dubbed, if you can stick it out, it's a good movie.

Advertisement