Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Air Bag Flaw, Long Known to Honda and Takata, Led to Recalls

Options
  • 12-09-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭

Shrapnel from exploding Takata air bags has caused deaths and serious injuries. As well as Honda, incidents have also been reported by other vehicle makers.

NY Times article

Not your ornery onager

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I've a Takata airbag in mine ane it's recalled.

Just waiting for N. Conlan & Sons to open in Naas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭noelf

Sobanek wrote: »
    I've a Takata airbag in mine ane it's recalled.

Just waiting for N. Conlan & Sons to open in Naas :)

Do you think the driver of this 2002 Honda Accord should have died when he was involved in a low speed collision with another vehicle ? The previous owner had received the recall notice in 2011 not the new owner he died on January 18 this year when the Takata airbag inflator exploded sending shards of metal towards the driver.. How many people would think of looking at airbags when buying a second hand vehicle ??

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭cnoc

What year Honda's are being recalled due to faulty airbags? Does the recall apply to the Accord model?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

for any toyota people looking to check their vin for the recall. no harm to verify your findings with your local dealer though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭noelf

In todays Irish Daily Mail Hondas being recalled include the Jazz Civic Accord Stream and Crv manufactured between 2002 and 2008 as a precautionary measure nobody in Europe has been killed or injured but in regions of high humidity six Honda drivers have died and more than a thousand injured worldwide .. Almost 27000 Toyota cars sold here between 2003 and 2007 are being recalled Yaris Corolla Avensis Verso Rav4 and Hilux .. Bmw E46 between 1999 and 2006 also ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Some subarus to I think. Obviously not likely to affect as many people as BMW Toyota Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Whenever I buy a car I always bring it to a main dealer for its next service so they can check for such recalls.

On a clio bought a few years ago - it had a recall around the bonnet catch (to stop it flying off at speed) outstanding...dealer sorted along with rest of servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

I am second Irish owner of my 2006 (originally UK) Accord. Is there somewhere I can check if my airbags are part of this recall?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I am second Irish owner of my 2006 (originally UK) Accord. Is there somewhere I can check if my airbags are part of this recall?

Thanks

Put your VIN in here, should work for non original UK cars too, it also updates if the car was fixed already...
    http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/you-and-your-car/updates-and-recalls/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Thanks Atlantic Dawn, result below so happy out:-)

Online check - Your vehicle summary

VIN number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your vehicle's fine and requires no current work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks Atlantic Dawn, result below so happy out:-)

Online check - Your vehicle summary

VIN number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your vehicle's fine and requires no current work.
    Does this potentially apply to the 2004 accord I'm considering buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭cnoc

Stheno wrote: »
    Does this potentially apply to the 2004 accord I'm considering buying?

Check the VIN on the above mentioned site.

Advertisement