Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most positive thing in your life right now...

• 04-04-2011 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deasyd

I saw a thread on here while ago talking about the most negative things in your life and I thought it was such a miserable read.

So I've decided to do the opposite because I think, at the moment, life is way to depressing so we should be trying to cheer ourselves up with positive things.

So my question is: what is the most positive thing in your life right now?

It can be falling in love, birth of a child or simply that the summer is on the way.

I'll start the ball rolling. I'm starting a new job next week after a year of searching, crap interviews, please f off letters in the post and months of working for free. Finally, this job uses my degree and both of my masters degrees, so triple yay!

So Ireland what's positive in all your lives?

Comments

Congratulations on the new job.

For me I suppose when I look at the bigger picture everything is dandy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

This might sound bizarre but my first instinct is to say dancing. I have always loved music and flinging myself around the dancefloor but I took up dance classes a while back and weeknights have never been the same since! I was very unhappy, stressed, no money (found very cheap dance classes) and I can still get very down but dancing has been my bit of happiness for weeks now and I have no intention of ever giving it up now! Here was my inspiration, such a happy vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogDNwjvLd14

You cannot but laugh doing a dance like this.
    Congrats on your job, so happy to hear that, I know the feeling and despair that comes with no money or job and I hope I’ll be back to work in September (please keep your fingers crossed for me cos that would cheer me up sooo much to have some money again) and like Stephen said I guess when I also look at the bigger picture there are so many positive things in most of our lives but music and dancing for me.
    Nice thread :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KingEnda

Having the most beautiful girlfriend in the world and looking forward to spending this weekend away with her in Galway. Positive vibe man I am floating around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

the possibilty factor, "who knows whats going to happen" etc and also planning the big things for the year from now AKA moving out on my own for a while and hols to LA.
    :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I passed my PhD viva this week :D After 3 and a half years of blood, sweat and tears (literally, on all 3 counts...) the hard work has finally paid off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The most positive thing in my life right now is the impending arrival of our first child in July and all the excitement, joy, apprehension (slight) and fun that goes with it.
    In fairness its one of many positive things going on for me right now - just finished another certificate course, work is going well, plenty good things happening in the next few months.......
    I am very lucky at the moment and have a lot to be thankful for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

My partner is 6 months pregnant with our third child:)
    I just said to her earlier that in 3 months we'll haveanother small person in the house
    I'm very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I've just had my first book published!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

The weather at the moment is great - puts me in such a good mood!! I want to get out walking everyday instead of having to walk the dog.
    I really enjoy the longer days and the birds in the garden and am looking forward to the swallows who nest in the outhouse returning and having more babies!!:D

Oh and when I got home yesterday evening my OH had cut the grass and the smell was just georgeous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

Having the most amazing guy in the world as a best friend and knowing that he'll always be here for me no matter what. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PinkHearts

Ditto with a few others on this :)
    Most positive thing in my life at the moment is without doubt my boyfriend, he's my rock and without him i would be lost, he's just perfect. Although our relationship has it's challenges, he lives in England and i'm here, we both work hard to make it work and it is the most amazing feeling in the world walking through arrivals and running into his arms, i'm like a little giddy child coming up to Christmas when i know we get to see each other soon (10 days and counting) :)

kippy wrote: »
    The most positive thing in my life right now is the impending arrival of our first child in July and all the excitement, joy, apprehension (slight) and fun that goes with it.
    In fairness its one of many positive things going on for me right now - just finished another certificate course, work is going well, plenty good things happening in the next few months.......
    I am very lucky at the moment and have a lot to be thankful for.
    Excellent news. Kids are amazing and bring out the best in us imo:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Doctor put me back on the anti anxiety tablets tablets that used to work for me so hopefully I be able to get out and about once they kick in. :)

seanybiker wrote: »
    Doctor put me back on the anti anxiety tablets tablets that used to work for me so hopefully I be able to get out and about once they kick in. :)
    Best of luck Seany:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

amiable wrote: »
    Best of luck Seany:)

Cheers amiable. Been more or less housebound since December so it be nice to Ger outside and get some fresh air for a change

seanybiker wrote: »
    Cheers amiable. Been more or less housebound since December so it be nice to Ger outside and get some fresh air for a change
    Have no idea what that's like my friend so i can only imagine.
    Keep the good side out.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Princessdizzy

Most positive thing right now: I managed to get on a rush hour train home from work last night (car's out of action). A big deal for me. I feel like I can take on the world!! Until I'm standing at the platform again tonight. But, hey, I did it once I can do it again.

Good luck Seanybiker, I have a bit of an idea what it must mean to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I am truly in love with one of the nicest, sweetest, funniest people I've ever met. He's very nice to look at and he loves me back!!! I cherish every day with him and he gives me butterflies in my belly. He has made me laugh every day since the day we met, five years ago.

I'm a lucky duck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gingafriend

Being insanely busy, with fun things to do every night of the week! Feel like I'm really living life, not just existing.

That and bellydancing, I'm loving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DiamondEyez

The most positive thing in my life at the moment is the guy that ive liked for a while told me he loves me.....he makes my days so much better!! i hope it lasts!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

My girlfriend, i'm drunk, and I JUST GOT OFFERED A WEEKDAY RADIO SHOW on a fairly popular temp station - THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY LISTEN TO!!!! :)

Feels_Good_Man.jpg

Also - best of luck SeanyBiker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Most positive things in my life moment???.......
    I have the most georgous, stunning, caring girlfriend who I would be genuinely happy to spend the rest of my life with and I have a good solid job with good future prospects!!
    Jesus I feel like a very mature 20 yr old right now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Most positive thing? Well, I'm very happy for alan1990 at the moment! Sounds like everything is coming up roses - good for you!!!!! As for me, at the moment, my cool, comfy bed is the best thing I've ever seen after days away from home. And I'm quite happy that I made the decision to come home for the summer - getting a much needed change of scenery very soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

That I'm living out in a house with 4 of my best friends in the whole wide world... While we may have our little fights (and some bigger ones!:o), I'm loving every single minute of it.

That I have some of the best friends that anyone could ever ask for, that I'll always have them there for anything that I might need and that I'd be there for them if they needed me.

That I'm finally going to go and get my eyes fixed with laser surgery this week! After 14 years of wearing glasses, I'm gonna have perfect vision again!!!:D

And maybe I'm over-emphasising this, but my friends again. I don't think I've ever told any of them how much they mean to me, how much I love every single one of them to bits and how they are simply the best. I think one of them does know alright, as we had a big emotional conversation one night, and I hope he does know, cos he's like the little brother I never had and if you read this (cos I know he uses boards too!) everything I said goes. I love ya to bits and you're the best buddy/friend/compadre anyone could ever want.

I don't think I've ever been so genuinely happy in my whole life as I have been for the last 3/4 months... Good times!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭iguy

The most positive thing in my life right now is looking forward to going on hols to see my sister in Kerry for 5 days whom I only get to see for 5 days in a whole year:-((due to money/health on my behalf and time/work/money restraints on her behalf).
    That will/does put me in a good place:-).
    Also in 2-4 wks time I should hopefully be starting a course in Portlaoise NLN which will also make me very happy,
    as I'm not where I want to be at the moment,
    I cant take tablets as I'm allergic to them mostly due to liver problems and rashes,etc,
    or they just do the complete opposite to me.
    Also then after I go to Kerry me and my partner should be going to Tramore or some part of Mayo(suggestions for Mayo please:-))
    Thanks for reading,
    Sincerely,
    iguy.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

:D A lovely thread!!

My boyfriend has just asked me to move in with him. Never thought I'd be lucky enough to love and be loved like this
    :p

After a nightmare few weeks in the part time job, morale is up and I don't dread going in anymore, getting more confident and a better waitress :)

Contemplated dropping out of college after problems with anxiety and depression but im getting help and college have been great so im studying again!! Feeling positive about the future

I'm on day 2 of Roaccutane and it finally looks like I will have clear skin at some point!!

wooop woooop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

One of my best friends is after moving back home and we've gotten even closer. I hated that I was losing him and now my group of friends is complete again. Next year he's planning us living with us (me and my boyfriend) and one or two other friends and I really can't wait. No matter how much we're unsure of for the future, we've got our little group back together so everything will be okay :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Most positive thing in my life right now... having options.
    Option to move out of home, option to live abroad in London, America or the Caribbean.
    Nothing holding me back , the world is my oyster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I've just been accepted onto a masters course!! Woo-hoo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Finally, finally getting over an ex today after about three years. I'm now willing to get back on the horse and try again. :D Turned over a new leaf and for the first time in quite a while, I'm happy and optimistic about the future.

MAN, I'm in a good mood.

Advertisement