Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Oxegen app is on app store now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Oxegen app is on app store now :)

That seems like a fantastic idea for an app....especially when you can see your mates on facebook who are logged into the app etc..

Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hi,

Anyone else having this issue.

Updated my eirtex pro the other day. all was working ok until today!!

Anytime i try send a message it comes up saying unable to connect to host. I have full 3G coverage. I have turned phone off and tried turning 3g off and back on to no avail!

Vinny or anyone any suggestions?

Thanks
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭genfoley

Yep,

Vinny the owner has submitted an update to Apple, he's aware of the probs, hopefully it will be up and running soon again, excellent app before he updated it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is there a good app for getting game reviews? IGN is there but I dont think its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

Anyone else having problems with these apps since IOS4?

i€Bank - AIB online banking. Keeps crashing out
    Pumps.ie - Random errors like not finding where you are or putting you in the wrong location, or bringing nothing back at all.

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anytime i try send a message it comes up saying unable to connect to host. I have full 3G coverage. I have turned phone off and tried turning 3g off and back on to no avail!

Thanks
    BobbyT28

There was a story in the paper today about O2 increaing charges and disabling web texts. Maybe they have done something to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Is there a good app for getting game reviews? IGN is there but I dont think its great.

I stumbled across the G4 app in the whats hot section..havent actually tried it yet but it might be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I'm probably the last person to cop on to this, but in case there's anyone else out there: if the abikenow app isn't working correctly on your phone, as it wasn't for me, there is another app, from the same company, called AllBikesNow which seems to work well on the iPhone 4 at least. Not sure how it compares to the older unofficial DublinBikes app, but it is much better than the other official app (I wonder why they have two, rather than just updating their original?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭guil

AARRRRGH wrote: »
    There was a story in the paper today about O2 increaing charges and disabling web texts. Maybe they have done something to it
    it didnt say anythin about disabling webtext, desktop text is goin
    iirc it even said webtext was staying
    It is also scrapping a desktop text service where people can download software to their computer and send free texts.

Customers can still avail of free texts via the internet by accessing the O2 website.

guil wrote: »
    it didnt say anythin about disabling webtext, desktop text is goin
    iirc it even said webtext was staying

Close enough though. Accessing the O2 website does not mean via a third party app. Maybe they are now blocking them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

AARRRRGH wrote: »
    Close enough though. Accessing the O2 website does not mean via a third party app. Maybe they are now blocking them.

They're not. Desktop text is something totally different to webtext.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I downloaded the Eirtext free app for iPad yesterday, sent about a dozen texts from it but mo one got any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Roswell Fighter is free today.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    BobbyT28

Has been working fine for me on meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm sure it's been mentioned but "Remote" by apple is brilliant! Gives you full remote control access to your iTunes library on you PC/Mac ( play, pause, next, previous, volume +/-, genius play lists, repeat etc )

It also lists out your iTunes libary exactly the same as the iPod does, Works over wi-fi so no need for cables/short range bluetooth. Could have the potential of a very long range remote if needed.

Best thing? It's free!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned but "Remote" by apple is brilliant! Gives you full remote control access to your iTunes library on you PC/Mac ( play, pause, next, previous, volume +/-, genius play lists, repeat etc )

It also lists out your iTunes libary exactly the same as the iPod does, Works over wi-fi so no need for cables/short range bluetooth. Could have the potential of a very long range remote if needed.

Best thing? It's free!

Ive been finding it brilliant also. Saves me getting my lazy ass up off the couch to use the mouse. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

NBA Live is free at the moment in the app store

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Says €5.49 for me anyway :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Says €5.49 for me anyway :confused:

There's 2 versions NBA Live by EA Sports Free and NBA Live EA Sports for 5.49

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Right, I'm not much of an iphone games player in general, but Angry Birds opened my eyes to the potential of good simple games that are challenging and addictive.

But I have finished it completely now and need something to replace it. Are there other challenging games that are similar in style and simplicity?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

jimbling wrote: »
    Right, I'm not much of an iphone games player in general, but Angry Birds opened my eyes to the potential of good simple games that are challenging and addictive.

But I have finished it completely now and need something to replace it. Are there other challenging games that are similar in style and simplicity?
    Ragdoll blaster is a similarly addictive puzzler. Check out the free version, or the free version of the sequel and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

jimbling wrote: »

I was the exact same with Angry Birds but now I'm on "Tilt to Live". It was free the day I downloaded it but I would pay for it now that I have it. Extremely addictive.

Ragdoll blaster is a similarly addictive puzzler. Check out the free version, or the free version of the sequel and see what you think.

Just had a go there. Not quite angry birds, but I'll definitely give the full game a go.
    Cheers.

I was the exact same with Angry Birds but now I'm on "Tilt to Live". It was free the day I downloaded it but I would pay for it now that I have it. Extremely addictive.

That's a fun game all right. But I don't like these continuous one level games. Similar to doodlejump, which I got bored with rather quickly. They frustrate too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deep1

Guys try Stone wars, free for limited time and nice game.

deep1 wrote: »
    Guys try Stone wars, free for limited time and nice game.

Also another free App that normal price is $6 is Bedlam no idea how good or bad it's but 4 stars from 89 ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deep1

nava wrote: »
    Also another free App that normal price is $6 is Bedlam no idea how good or bad it's but 4 stars from 89 ratings

Where are you seeing stars, US app store? can't see any in Irish app store and seems like online game only.
    Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

deep1 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing stars, US app store?

Yes I did, found it in the appshopper website

Advertisement