Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vicky Pattison DVD

• 03-01-2016 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the Vicky Pattison DVD? Really want to work on my fitness this year and ideally would love to join a gym but don't have time as I work full-time, go to college part-time and have a long commute to / from work. Curious to hear any feedback on this particular DVD. Thanks folks and Happy New Year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I wouldn't spit on all these Z list celebs and their DVDs.

Shocking how someone that has done a reality TV show and lost some weight is suddenly a fully qualified fitness professional.Its a slap in the face for those who have put in years training,studying and applying.

They are all the same showing aerobic movements while jumping around your sitting room with a stupid smile on their face.

There is so much info on this forum about diet and exercise and actual experts/professionals like Transform and Hanley that actually know what they are talking about.

Id open a new thread asking advice if there isn't already a wealth of knowledge you can use for newbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

That's a workout plan most could get on board with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

That's a workout plan most could get on board with

It's not hard to guess what's on my mind...... is xmas over yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭ted1

How long/ far is your commute? If you ran/ walk / cycle you could kill 2 birds with the one stone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

davmol wrote: »
    I wouldn't spit on all these Z list celebs and their DVDs.

Shocking how someone that has done a reality TV show and lost some weight is suddenly a fully qualified fitness professional.Its a slap in the face for those who have put in years training,studying and applying.

Should doesn't claim to be a fitness professional. In the video there's a trainer calling out the workout and she just does it.

If an at home workout video is what you're after then check out Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but the link deadlybuzzman posted would still be better.

Taboola wrote: »
    Should doesn't claim to be a fitness professional. In the video there's a trainer calling out the workout and she just does it.

If an at home workout video is what you're after then check out Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but the link deadlybuzzman posted would still be better.

So,its a Vicky pattison 'doing a class' DVD,even worse.

I am referring in general to people like Calum best and those Geordie shore lads who are 'creating'(branding) their own protein shakes,diet pills etc.

Its a pathetic marketing scam and complete waste of money if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

davmol wrote: »
    So,its a Vicky pattison 'doing a class' DVD,even worse.

I am referring in general to people like Calum best and those Geordie shore lads who are 'creating'(branding) their own protein shakes,diet pills etc.

Its a pathetic marketing scam and complete waste of money if you ask me.

Ok princess, we get it. That's not what this thread is about. The OP is looking for feedback on a home workout dvd.

Taboola wrote: »
    Ok princess, we get it. That's not what this thread is about. The OP is looking for feedback on a home workout dvd.

OP was looking for feedback on the 'Vicky pattison DVD' and I gave my opinion which I stand by along with my advice.

Besides,you called me princess.....you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I don't have Vicky's DVD but I do have Charlotte Crosby's first DVD and I've found it really good. I understand where Davmol is coming from as I wouldn't have been so keen on DVD's before I bought it, but I'd joined gyms before and never stuck with it and wanted something that would push me instead of just doing my own workouts where I could stop when I wanted (the goal of completing rounds etc seems to push me more than I can push myself at times). I've heard Jillian Michael's DVD is great as someone mentioned above.

Some info on Charlotte's DVD if it would be useful to you:
    It was created by two personal trainers who worked with Charlotte to lose the weight - one who was a trainer on the biggest loser UK and the other is a PT who helped create Vicky's DVD. They've both got very good reputations as PT's outside of the DVD world. The workouts are a mix between resistance/cardio/HIIT training with 12 rounds of different workouts, each lasting about 3 minutes. There's a warm up section, a cool down section and an extra abs section. There's also a meal plan section if you want to get some ideas etc but I haven't used that part so can't really comment on it - I just started eating more healthily than I had been in general. I've been using it for almost a year now (on average 2 times a week as well as doing a few of my own workouts thrown in along the way to mix it up), and I've definitely lost weight and toned up. It's handy since you can do it at home and it really makes you work up a sweat if you do most/all of the rounds.

Sorry for the long post, I just know I love as much detail as I can get about this sort of stuff! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement