Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Examples of a bad situation that turned out good

• 12-04-2014 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

When I was younger I had awful problems with my jaw popping and the joint on one side of it feeling offline or out of place. This went on for several years until one evening in a nightclub a few years back when some shitebag gave me a box for no reason but since then, I've never had any trouble with my jaw. Sometimes, I even think it would be nice to meet the guy and shake his hand. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

hah that's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

zetalambda wrote: »
    When I was younger I had awful problems with my jaw popping and the joint on one side of it feeling offline or out of place. This went on for several years until one evening in a nightclub a few years back when some shitebag gave me a box for no reason but since then, I've never had any trouble with my jaw. Sometimes, I even think it would be nice to meet the guy and shake his hand. :D

What was in the box ? Was it something to strap your jaw in place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

zetalambda wrote: »

You should give him fellatio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I actually have one for the opposite, a good situation that turned out bad.

When I was about 8 when I used to collect 1c coins. I was in a shopping centre with my mother and brother when my brother and I decided to get some sweeties to avoid the monotony of Penneys.

Anyway, as we left the shop, my eyes were graced with the unmistakably shiny glint of a 1c coin hiding snugly near the crisps. I retrieved it excitedly, but my happiness was short lived. I looked up and my brother was gone.

In my infinite wisdom I figured they must have forgotten me so I left the shopping centre and wandered around this town I barely knew! I later found out I walked about three miles, in tears for much of it, until some nice mother saw I was distressed. Thankfully I knew my mother's mobile number and we were reunited after several hours.

TL;DR: I got lost for hours for the sake of 1c. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

A few years back my leg was in a cast that I couldn't put weight on due to complications - the foot had to point down to allow healing. Unfortunately I lived at the top of three flights of stairs so getting up and down them in crutches was heartbreaking stuff. I cursed my way up and down them breaking out in sweats etc.

Anyhoo, the time came for the cast to be removed and my calf muscle was severely weakened - I had to do rehabilitative exercises to build it back up. Guess what? Those stairs that broke my heart now became my 6 to 8 times daily workout to build the muscles back up. 6 to 8 times a day I used the steps to build the muscle up by leading with the weak leg and drawing the strong one level to it, rinse, repeat. Sure I was grand again in no time and I had those formerly cursed stairs to thank for helping me get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭anotherposter

i got a broken nose in a fight when i was in school... it healed crooked sorta towards the left... a few years later i got in another fight and broke it again only this time the guy hit from the left and straightened my nose again lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Dropped 6 eggs, so made a big omelette.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Skeleton XIII

i got a broken nose in a fight when i was in school... it healed crooked sorta towards the left... a few years later i got in another fight and broke it again only this time the guy hit from the left and straightened my nose again lol

Lucky bstrd. ha

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

sister made us wear the most horrible shoes for her wedding as a bridesmade, but happily i fell and broke my legbefore the wedding, so i got to wear flats for the day instead, well one flat and one cast, but have to remain positive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I got the scutters this morning. It appears to have gotten all the bad sh1t out of my system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

Liverpool V AC Milan Champions League final 2005. If you're a Liverpool fan obv.

Advertisement