Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

sore losers,its not like they've been gettting whalloped every week since that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Gone for Chelsea / Real madrid double, just shy of evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

got told by boyles live help possible postponment on the kettering game,no market available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

got told by boyles live help possible postponment on the kettering game,no market available

F*ck off:mad: Wait is it down to the weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Gone for

Everton/ Norwich BTS
    Wolves/ Stoke BTS
    Leeds/ Reading BTS
    P'boro/ Coventry BTS
    Ipswich/ Derby BTS
    MK Dons/ Preston over 1.5
    Libertad v Independiente Over 1.5 (won last night)
    Chelsea-1

€5 Pays €244

Also larger stake single on Chelsea -1. Might do another small accum on pp's score or bore coupon which i'm liking atm

• Advertisement

Boylesports have market up for Ketterin v Bath, 7/2 for Kettering win, get on, still 5/2 with the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

yesno1234 wrote: »
    F*ck off:mad: Wait is it down to the weather?
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/non-league/blue-square-premier/kettering-v-bath-city/winner Bath 3/4 if ye fancy it,just heard on skysports,the manager has been counting players available on 1 hand:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    I've made so much money on Kettering losing id find it very hard to back them to win!

the kettering manager was saying on sky sports news that he only has 5 regular players because most of the are working.

alfalion wrote: »
    the kettering manager was saying on sky sports news that he only has 5 regular players because most of the are working.

aye....... just heard him,has to be a punt on Bath!

Actually.. im out,notbetting on this,will concentrate on the darts :/

http://www.poppynet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12537

Quite odd no mention of them missing any players by this fella, ye sure he was just refering to the lads that left before the deadline?

• Advertisement

yesno1234 wrote: »
    http://www.poppynet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12537

Quite odd no mention of them missing any players by this fella, ye sure he was just refering to the lads that left before the deadline?

just rewound to hear Manager mark simpson say,he had enough players for today but was struggling for numbers in recent weeks,the chairman refused to pay the players as he felt they wernt putting in the effort,but an agreement has been made and they will be paid.

just rewound to hear Manager mark simpson say,he had enough players for today but was struggling for numbers in recent weeks,the chairman refused to pay the players as he felt they wernt putting in the effort,but an agreement has been made and they will be paid.

Yeah looks like they're going to have the same squad as midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

What do you guys think of Real Madrid -1 @ 2.05? Sevilla haven't really impressed this season.

Chelsea -1 (vs Wigan) @ 1.83 looks tempting as well, but I'll wait to see if Torres is in the starting line up or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can anyone give me a decent afternoon treble?

I'm looking at Burton Albion/Hyde/Leverkusen or maybe Chelsea -1 (but of course that's a late KO which doesn't help)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

My main bet for today

Blackburn @ 13/10
    Blackburn v West Brom
    Match Betting
    Newcastle @ 4/5
    Newcastle v Swansea
    Match Betting
    Chelsea @ 4/11
    Wigan v Chelsea
    Match Betting
    Real Madrid @ 4/9
    Sevilla v Real Madrid
    Match Betting

Total stake € 30.00
    Estimated return € 244.64

Blackburn are not on a great run but are playing decent at home, Yakubu as usual should be dangerous and with West Brom after coming out of a home defeat to Wigan I think this is the perfect game for Blackburn to win. Newcastle @ 4/5 at home to Swansea is a great price, Newcastle are strong at home and Swansea only have 2 points away from home in the league, as HS pointed out Demba Ba @ EVENS is a nice price for anytime goalscorer. Chelsea should beat Wigan fairly easy, Wigan until last weekend hadn't done much home or away, Chelsea have beaten a few tricky teams on the road this season and I'd expect the same here, Chelsea have won 3 of their last 4 games against Wigan, that included a 6-0 and 8-0 wins. Real Madrid away to Sevilla should be a close game, Real can't afford to drop any points after losing to Barca and I think they will be very eager for a win, Real have won their last 4 against Sevilla, the latest was a 6-2 away win in May, Ronaldo scored 4 that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Charlton look too good to turn down although only 8/13 best price with 888sport or Coral,I got them at 4/7 last night in a treble with MK Dons and Motherwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What do you guys think of Real Madrid -1 @ 2.05? Sevilla haven't really impressed this season.

Chelsea -1 (vs Wigan) @ 1.83 looks tempting as well, but I'll wait to see if Torres is in the starting line up or not.

Fancy Madrid too, and Xanthi to beat Panionios

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

Gillington wrote: »
    Charlton look too good to turn down although only 8/13 best price with 888sport or Coral,I got them at 4/7 last night in a treble with MK Dons and Motherwell.

Ye great odds for Charlton ..Thinking of them -1 also

and Stranraer at home to bottom of the table Peterhead,There coming off the back of a 6-0 home win against the team a point ahead of Peterhead
    They are 8/15, But also fancy -1 and -2 @ 7/5 and 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Kettering slashed from 7/2 to 19/10 bs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

alfalion wrote: »
    when will people learn- FGS E/W the way forward !

thats 162-1 if they score first if not 1/3 of the FGS price

Which turns out to be more or less the price of the anytime scorer price! Its not really the best bet either cos ya need all three players to score first to win the FGS bet.. going by that logic, the insurebet is the better bet. Anyhow, I thought the anytime price looked good for all so lets hope they all score today:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Blackburn, Newcastle and Bristol City for me today. Three home teams that should have enough to beat the away sides. Good prices too. 13/10, 4/5 and 13/10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Premier League Matches Wolves v Stoke
    17-12-2011 15:00
    Draw No Bet
    Stoke @ evens
    Premier League Matches Fulham v Bolton
    Win-Draw-Win
    Fulham @ 7/10
    Premier League Matches Newcastle v Swansea
    Win-Draw-Win
    Newcastle @ 4/5
    Treble
    1 line at €10.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €10.00
    Potential returns: €61.20
    No: O/20205062/0004233

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Another one that stands out at me

Seville's Gary Medel

He was very card happy for Boca, chile and now sevile

Fancy this one big time
    "Unfortunately, we do not have any prices to offer on Gary Medal to be booked anytime in the Seville football match"

Raging about this, very bad service from them

I think that is the beginning of pp not giving me prices anymore

we'll see will they give me a price for that schalke game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

My get rich scheme
    Blackburn DNB 4/6
    Everton 8/15
    Newcastle
    Stoke DNB evs
    Fulham 8/13
    Chelsea -2 11/5
    25 gets nearly 600 :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Headshot wrote: »
    "Unfortunately, we do not have any prices to offer on Gary Medal to be booked anytime in the Seville football match"

Raging about this, very bad service from them

I think that is the beginning of pp not giving me prices anymore

we'll see will they give me a price for that schalke game

That's a joke..Is Jermaine Jones in action today?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mersin over turned there 3 - 2 half time score earlier to win 5-3, throw in a penalty and a blast of yellow cards and a red card and 2 late goals. fix written all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Some bets today:

Fancy these two in Bundesliga:
    Madzukic anytime @ 2/1 on Boyles
    Huntelaar anytime @ 6/5

Also really like over 6.5 cards @ evens in Mallorca vs Getafe. Medium stake on this.

Bet365 treble: Over 10 corners in Wolves/Stoke, Leeds/Reading and Ipswich Derby

In prem under 3.5 cards in Everton/Norwich-Probert in charge
    Luiz to be booked
    Chelsea -1

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

Tiote starts for Newcastle today. If I remember from last season he picks up some amount of bookings.
    Would fancy him to be booked today
    14 yellows last season in 26 games
    3 this year in 9 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

West Ham/Charlton/Shrewsbury treble. €20 returns around €80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Wolves v Stoke
    Wolves last 4 home league games have been over 2.5 goals i'll take the 21/20 with bet365

Treble on
    Newcastle 4/5
    Motherwell 5/6
    Stranraer 8/15

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement