Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to buy your boyfriend for Christmas

• 10-11-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I know it's best to find what interests your boyfriend has and buy him something within those, but what are the fall-backs? You know how guys buy us women jewellery and perfume when they can't think of anything else, what're the cliche presents for guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    I know it's best to find what interests your boyfriend has and buy him something within those, but what are the fall-backs? You know how guys buy us women jewellery and perfume when they can't think of anything else, what're the cliche presents for guys?

Mens jewellery and mens perfume!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

A weekend away- cant go wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Ugggghhhhhhhh don't remind me!!

my boyfriends birthday is on December 22nd so I have 2 lots of presents to buy, the same with my dad, he's on the 19th!!

I dunno what my fall backs would be actually...food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Moved from LL. OP, there is a sticky at the top of the page regarding xmas present threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Gadgets are a pretty sure fire way to go.

Ebook reader, Mp3 Player, Console, Games etc ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

This: http://www.rallyconnection.com/index.shtml

The best day out EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

personally, I'd go with a golf gift card or voucher every time. Practical works, it may not be pretty but it's effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

You could get him something useless but fun at Iwantoneofthose.com?

Or something soft and cuddly :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

beer. Perfect present

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

seanybiker wrote: »
    beer. Perfect present

Decent call there.

Some of the more upmarket off-licenses will do you up a hamper with glasses etc. based on what he drinks (Ales, Weiss-Bier, Selection etc.). Someone got me one from World Wide Wines in Waterford last year and I was delighted with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 cool username

My boyfriend wants an electronic drum kit... (don't ask me where i'm going to find one) I find the best thing to do is ask what they want boys aren't into surprises as much as us girls are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

My boyfriend wants an electronic drum kit... (don't ask me where i'm going to find one) I find the best thing to do is ask what they want boys aren't into surprises as much as us girls are!
    I want an elctronic drum kit too!!! (and i'm a girl) If theyr the ones i'm thinking of they have em in argos. Otherwise, your local music shop

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

Hi there,
    I have lots of brothers so I am well used to buying for boys! Here is a list and it really depends on how far into the relationship you are but here goes;
    1. Watch
    2. Wallet
    3. Stylish Belt
    4. Tickets to a gig/Match
    5. Smelly stuff
    6. If he really likes a film, be different and maybe get him the book of it
    7. Dvd boxset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Depending on what type he wants they can be quite pricey.. Thomann.de are usually reasonably priced for musical instruments etc. & if you're living in Dublin or going to here at some stage there's a new music warehouse beside the Red Cow - http://www.xmusic.ie/

Advertisement