Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaa training log

• 04-03-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Moved down to Cork in January and started training with the local team last month and then playing matches for the parish on weekends. Was away for the summer so haven't done much since June 2014. Shocking!

Get awful bored in work sometimes so set this up for something to do some days and keep track of how my training is going since I'll be here for a while.

Weight: 83 Kg
    Height: 6' 2"
    Current fitness rating: 6

Keyword

Press Up = PU
    Chin Up Underhand = CUU
    Chin Up Overhand = CUO
    Squat = SQ
    Lunge = LU

Monday 2/3/2015

CUU 6X1
    PU 10X1
    SQ 15X1

CUU 5X1
    PU 10X1
    SQ 15X1

CUU 4X1
    PU 10X1
    SQ 15X1

CUU 5X1
    PU 10X1
    SQ 15X1

CUU 6X1
    PU 10X1
    SQ 15X1

8 Intervals @ 1 min 30 sec fast pace & 30 sec rest between

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pat_custard

Wednesday 4/3/2015

Football training in the club. Minors joined in so enough players to play full sized pitch match. Played in Midfield with the minors. Got completely over run by the 21's and didn't have the best game myself.

Need to improve on a few basics and general play. Rustiness was very apparent last night.

Sunday 8/3/2015

CUU 3X1
    PU 10X1
    SQ 15X1

CUU 5X1
    PU 10X1
    SQ 15X1

CUU 3X1
    PU 10X1
    SQ 15X1

CUU 3X1
    PU 5X1
    SQ 15X1

CUU 5X1
    PU 5X1
    SQ 15X1

8 Intervals @ 1 min 30 sec fast pace & 30 sec rest between

Took it a little easier on a Sunday

Monday 9/3/2015

Speed Training using resistance bands (Used Medium resistance as I haven't used the bands in months)

Wall Drill
    RESISTED
    3X12 sec
    UNRESISTED
    2X12 sec

High Knees
    Resisted
    2X12 sec
    UNRESISTED
    2X12 sec

Wide Knees
    RESISTED
    2X12 sec
    UNRESISTED
    2X12 sec

Under steps
    3X10

Ice Skaters
    3X10

Family Bereavement Saturday 21/3/2015 done nothing all that week

Didn't return to Cork until Wednesday 25/3/2015.

Saturday 28/3/2015

CUU x5, x8, x5, x5, x8

Bench 65Kg x5, x4, x4

UnderBar Row x6, x6, x6

Lumberjack Shoulder Press 15Kg x8, x8, x8

Bicep 21 20Kg 21x3

Tricep Dips x15, x15, 15

Pretty poor 2 weeks both emotionally and physically but need to get back into the swing of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Agus

Sorry for your loss Pat. Keep it up with the training!

• Advertisement

Thanks Agus.

Monday 30/3/2015

CUU x5, x8, x5, x5, x6

8 intervals at 1 min with 30 sec rest (faster running)

Wednesday 1/4/2015

Pitch training

Thursday 2/4/2015

Foam rolled for 10 minutes

Had a challenge match Saturday but was away for the Easter weekend, bit annoyed could have done with some game time, but was a great weekend away all the same.

Comments:

Try and accommodate more foam rolling into days off!

Might try incorporate food log into this blog if I can spare some time.

Not much strength training being done the last month but been doing some hard running and training with the team.

Done a 5 Km race in malahide last Saturday morning came in at 22:52! never done a race before so completely blew myself up going to fast for what I thought was roughly the full race but was in fact only half the race, so completely crashed in the second half.

On the Upside I learnt a lot and the race is a recurring event every Saturday so I now know the route and pace I should be running at. I'd be expecting to easily beat that number next time I go.

Monday 25/5/2015

Rowed for 5 minutes to warm up

Chin ups (Supinated grip)

x6, x9, x6, x6, x3 (chin up bars in the gym have v. little grip compared to my bar at home, I lost my grip on the last set and was trying to pull myself up by my fingers, need to maybe invest in some chalk of gloves?)

Bench press

50 Kg x12
    55 Kg x10
    60 Kg x6
    65 Kg x2 (First two sets killed me, was hoping to get x8 and x6 for the last two sets)

T-bar row w/ press ups

30 Kg x12
    35 Kg x10
    40 Kg x8
    45 Kg x6 (all with 10 press ups in between)

Done some plank and other core exercises for about 20 minutes then finished off with the cross trainer for 25 Minutes.

Tuesday 26/5/2015

Bit sore from Mondays session and being absent from the gym for such an extended period of time.

Leg Press
    3x8 100Kg

Felt pretty good for the first time in so long and legs not too sore today which is good.

Dead lift
    1x8 70 Kg
    3x6 90 Kg

Actually done this completely arseways, i never counted the bar when I was lifting so I thought I was actually lifting 50 Kg and 70 Kg! 70Kg never felt so heavy in my life haha

I was afraid of injuring myself from not dead lifting in so long but one the lads said my form looked pretty good so I'm happy with that!

Single leg RDL w/ Lunges (10 Kg dumb bell)

3x8 each side with x6 lunges on each leg in between

Lunges had x2 10 Kg dumb bells

Finished off with some core for ~20 mins

30 mins cross trainer

Advertisement