Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC 2014 Discussion/Stage 1 - READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

1177178179180181183»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hungryharry

I sent off all my CIC stuff 2 days ago and have got 2 emails of them since saying my account has been updated but when i log in nothing has changed.Am i missing something here??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 smithweiser

So just incase anyone else that was on the waiting list was freaking out about having to pay twice.. don't fret just resubmitted the docs again on the mycic portal, you do NOT have to pay the fees part, again. it just registers as 0

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

I sent off all my CIC stuff 2 days ago and have got 2 emails of them since saying my account has been updated but when i log in nothing has changed.Am i missing something here??

I got a message a few hours after I submitted my application which I was able to read fine but then got another email yesterday saying their was another update but when I log in I also can't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

COYVB wrote: »
    Jesus. You took a bit of risk there. You had paperwork for 2 years, therefore you say you're planning on staying for 2 years. Saying you're planning to stay for good on a 2 year visa is just asking for trouble. You were a very, very lucky boy (or girl)

Im almost certain that unless I put down permanently on the form, It kept highlighting it when I went to complete the form and wouldn't let me complete it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

I just got the POE letter this afternoon so is that it then or do I have to apply or register for anything else before I decide to go? Because it mentions something about a visa and work permit on it but i thought the visa was what I was applying for through the IEC and the work permit was what I was applying for with the CIC?

And for anyone wondering it's says I have to be in Canada by 15th of Sept 2015 so anyone who gets one will still have a year from the issue of the letter to enter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

stevie1122 wrote: »
    I just got the POE letter this afternoon so is that it then or do I have to apply or register for anything else before I decide to go? Because it mentions something about a visa and work permit on it but i thought the visa was what I was applying for through the IEC and the work permit was what I was applying for with the CIC?

And for anyone wondering it's says I have to be in Canada by 15th of Sept 2015 so anyone who gets one will still have a year from the issue of the letter to enter.

I think or at least I hope that the POE letter is all you need from the Kompass/CIC application process. That plus your health/travel insurance and bank statements.
    Somebody please correct me if im wrong because im flying next tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 smithweiser

I just got a rejection letter from IEC after all that, saying they regret not being able to assist in getting work permit.

no reason no explanation nothing !

All my documents were there i was on the waiting list for ages then got cal letter , did everything according to the rules, there is absolutly no reason why i should not get visa

I think its a money scam

**** canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tresb26

I received a letter today saying that a place had become available for my IEC category and I have until 10 October 2014 to put forward payment and documents?

I was reading the last few posts and see you guys were filling out forms etc, am I missing something or have I not actually been accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 infostrides

tresb26 wrote: »
    I received a letter today saying that a place had become available for my IEC category and I have until 10 October 2014 to put forward payment and documents?

I was reading the last few posts and see you guys were filling out forms etc, am I missing something or have I not actually been accepted?

That is the IEC stage. You only need to submit the requested documents (Passport photopage and CV) and payment. Once you are approved, you can then proceed to the next stage (CIC).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 infostrides

I received my POE Letter of Introduction yesterday valid for 1 year. I wish other expectant good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

anyone know is it possible to change your DOB in the application?

I stupidly entered in a wrong DOB and submitted and can't go back and change, I've messaged them but no response, I'm only on the waitlist but still it seems they are rushing through the process when you are picked and dont want this to interfere with my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bilbop

Hi I am just wondering can I apply again for next years IEC Visa if I got a Letter of Acceptance?

I cannot go but would like to re-apply in 2015 to go in 2015.

Please can someone help?

Knid regards

Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

bilbop wrote: »
    Hi I am just wondering can I apply again for next years IEC Visa if I got a Letter of Acceptance?

I cannot go but would like to re-apply in 2015 to go in 2015.

Please can someone help?

Knid regards

Bill

Once you get your letter of invitation, that counts as having participated in the program, even if you don't use it. So you would not be able to apply in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Once you get your letter of invitation, that counts as having participated in the program, even if you don't use it. So you would not be able to apply in 2015.

he means cal i think so its only conditional letter of acceptance , rather then the poe so you would be able to reapply .

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bilbop

Ye I mean the CAL. So then I could re-apply?

I havnt recieved a POE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

bilbop wrote: »
    Ye I mean the CAL. So then I could re-apply?

I havnt recieved a POE

Yes, you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

I only received my CAL and it's only valid for 2 weeks. Going to be a right bastard with the police certificate, there's no way I will receive that before the expiration of CAL. Load of crap.

Advertisement