Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BOOK READERS - What are you looking forward to in Season 4 - SPOILERS!

• 06-04-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

So, book readers or spoiled TV fans;

What event are you looking forward to the most in Season 4 (presuming the events of ASOS are followed)?

Most anticipated event in season 4 112 votes

Joffrey scene - you know!
    0%
    Tyrion / Tywin scene - you know!
    14%
    GadgieNewaglishmariebethKonFusionAdamocovicFirehenCookiemunsterNickDAnachronymuckisluckGbearadcakesPopePalpatinePeregrineGoodBridgeMoonberry 16 votes
    Oberyn / Mountain scene - you know!
    37%
    gandalfRiamfadaSooner or Laterjoe123youcancallmeal5starpoolcunninstuntnibtrixjebidiahhotshots85Also Starring LeVar BurtonSavage TyrantdegausserxobrownacidibarelycaredwaynedPomBearWereghostthis_timedmullins3 42 votes
    Lysa Arryn / Sansa scene - you know
    28%
    fitzSleepyBrian?MickerooLemlinAisling(",)TiggerkrudlerGhostInTheRuinsKettle316BeanstalkIwasfrozenZemuppetboard_stiffA NeuroticsportfanatictoodleytooMrdata.blackwavebeardedmaster 32 votes
    Lady Stoneheart scene - you know!
    5%
    ArmaniJeansspinkypinkyWashington IrvingpodgemonsterJijsawPinkLemonade 6 votes
    Stannis & Wildlings / The Wall
    9%
    bopperrazorbluntDeckaMr Velorobby^5RuskiGerB40wispa9HolysockSon0vagunvalor rorghulis 11 votes
    Jon Snow - Election
    4%
    phonchomanWitcherNiskaMr FreezeFURET 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Tywin v Tyrion.

Purple Wedding obv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I hope we get to see Lady Stoneheart. I've heard troubling rumours that she won't be seen till season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm not looking forward to the wedding, I love and hate Joffrey in equal measure so that's going to be bittersweet.

It's a tossup between Tywin and Tyrion and Lady Stoneheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Seems to be a readers only forum now days. Hope that changes I really enjoy reading non readers opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,423 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Jon Snow - Election
    Non readers don't really have much to talk about during the off season whereas we can be discussing the new Gregor, Oberyn etc. They just live episode to episode.

But yeah I prefer the non reader threads too, a lot more discussion goes on in them. The reader threads tend to be 'That is/isn't how I imagined that scene' etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Tywin and Tyrion.

And of course the wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It is a toss up between Tywin and Tyrion and Lady Stoneheart, I'm going for Tywin and Tyrion but I do love a good wedding as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Tyrion & Tywin definitely. I think it's going to be a massive shock to those not in-the-know. I think after the Red Wedding, people are going to expect Joffrey to die but Tywin dying will come out of nowhere.

It's such a pity that two of the best characters and actors (especially Tywin/Charles Dance) have to go this series :(

Tyrion & Tywin definitely. I think it's going to be a massive shock to those not in-the-know. I think after the Red Wedding, people are going to expect Joffrey to die but Tywin dying will come out of nowhere.

It's such a pity that two of the best characters and actors (especially Tywin/Charles Dance) have to go this series :(

He will be sorely missed. His mix of intelligence and cruelty makes him the perfect character to love to hate. I suppose Roose Bolton in Winterfell will have to do when we finally get there...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Picked Tyrion and Tywin, but I look forward to all of those scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

The wedding, the wedding, the wedding, the wedding.... Cersi's reaction to said wedding. It's gonna be awesome. Also, can't wait for Tywin and Tyrion, that's gonna be good, they are both amazing actors so I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out on screen. Mostly though (in case you didn't realise) I'm looking forward to the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Oberyn Martell.

Not just his fight with the mountain, just his personification of bad-ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

cant vote, cant wait for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Will stannis come to the aid of the nights watch in this season?

fuppin epic battle with giants, thats what I want

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

The war at the wall is what I'm looking forward to most, if it's half as good as the blackwater it'll be brilliant. I've never watched an episode of anything as much as the blackwater, when the drums start on the ships is the most exciting bit of TV I've ever watched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I'm looking forward to the spectacle of the wedding- it's so ridiculously lavish in the book so the costumes and food and entertainment should be a sight. Especially hope they include the pigeon pie and Penny and Groat's joust. As well as watching Joff croak it of course. For drama/acting though it's got to be Tyrion/Tywin. They're both among the best actors in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Jon Snow - Election
    Most looking forward to the Flaming Stag at the Wall.

Be interesting to see if post Season 4 if our favourite scenes match the ones we're most anticipating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Niska wrote: »
    Most looking forward to the Flaming Stag at the Wall.

Be interesting to see if post Season 4 if our favourite scenes match the ones we're most anticipating.

I don't think so this could end up being best season there in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Jon Snow - Election
    Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Will stannis come to the aid of the nights watch in this season?

fuppin epic battle with giants, thats what I want

Same as, I really hope the Battle at the Wall and Stannis coming to their aid is as good as the books.

It really was an epic scale in the book. Hopefully they can do it justice on screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

I've got to be honest....I'm not really looking forward to the Purple Wedding.

Yes, it's a momentous event in the story but I think they somewhat killed the momentum by placing it at the start of a new season. Last year we all hated Jeoffrey but now that we've had a year to sleep on it - it has died down to a certain extent. Jeoffrey's actions at the Purple Wedding with Tyrion will need to set old flames alight for the character.

I chose Tywin/Tyrion - Tywin is pure scum. I loath everything about him. I can't pay the actor any greater compliment. Charles Dance has done a wonderful job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Jon Snow - Election
    4Dlolz wrote: »
    Yes, it's a momentous event in the story but I think they somewhat killed the momentum by placing it at the start of a new season. Last year we all hated Jeoffrey but now that we've had a year to sleep on it - it has died down to a certain extent. Jeoffrey's actions at the Purple Wedding with Tyrion will need to set old flames alight for the character..

I'd say they will have him acting a total prick at the wedding, we will all be hating him again. ( well I never stopped hating him).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Yeah, once he gets 'widow's wail' at the wedding he might start waving it about, make a few threatening gestures, take the p*ss out of Sansa etc

"I made your mother a widow, perhaps I'll do the same with you"
    Evil sneer/smirk at Tyrion. That kind of thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Has Penny been cast? Cue comedy mask for the wedding so they can cast her later maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jackjustjumped

So hard to choose just one of those. Can't wait for the Oberyn/Mountain scene... or "Only Cat"...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'd like to say the Oberyn/Mountain scene but it's pretty tragic in the end.

I absolutely loved it as I was reading it until... well... you know..

It'll be nice while it lasts but it'll be a shame to lose a character who's already looking like an absolute legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jackjustjumped

Gbear wrote: »
    I'd like to say the Oberyn/Mountain scene but it's pretty tragic in the end.

I absolutely loved it as I was reading it until... well... you know..

It'll be nice while it lasts but it'll be a shame to lose a character who's already looking like an absolute legend.

Pascal's doing an amazing job. People watching the show will fall in love with him (most have already). Yeah...

Does anybody know if lady stoneheart is gonna be in this season? If she is it's the best kept secret in game of thrones so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

GerB40 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if lady stoneheart is gonna be in this season? If she is it's the best kept secret in game of thrones so far.

Think there was a picture on here of Michelle Fairley (Stoneheart) in the make-up dept. with the neck wound. I'd say it'll be the final reveal at the end of season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Think there was a picture on here of Michelle Fairley (Stoneheart) in the make-up dept. with the neck wound. I'd say it'll be the final reveal at the end of season 4.

I think that was from last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Nerdlingr wrote: »

How do we know that's just not makeup from after her throat was cut in the RW?

Advertisement