Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need to replace my laptop

• 20-07-2014 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I managed to drop my Dell XPS today. It slipped off the couch, and landed on the charger that was connected to the back of the machine. It no longer recognises the charger, and both the charger and the charger port are curently at an angle from where they were. From reading elsewhere, this could most likely be fatal damage to the machine, as it is difficult to replace/repair the damage.

As such, I have to contemplate replacing the machine. The specs, of my damaged machine, from what I can remember are:

19 inch screen
    9 cell battery
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Full MS Office package 32 bit
    1 TB HD (not SSD)
    Blue Ray
    2nd Gen i7 quad core
    16 GG RAM
    Full Qwerty keyboard
    HDMI slot
    NVDIVIA Graphics card (1GB RAM)
    NVDIVIA Sound Cad (no idea of specs)
    Bluetooth, Wifi, USB 2 ports, Adobe photoshop, etc.

Any idea of what machines are currently available that would be similar to these requirements these days? (The machine was bought at the end of 2011). Also, is t possible to transfer the data (files, programs, games, etc) from the damaged machine to the new machine?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Bring it to a local repair place..might be an easy fix that. ..I have replaced a few power connectors before.
    That's a serious machine you have.

Advertisement