Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hardwareversand - Faulty goods, return?

• 14-07-2012 12:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I got a power supply this week which seems unusually noisy, a friend of mine who has lots of IT experience said I should return it.

Anyone have to return stuff to them? If so whats the procedure and how were they treated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Quite a few people from boards had to return items (including me) and the general consensus is that they are pretty good to deal with when it comes to RMA's.

You can call them up (or email them, which might take a bit longer for them to reply to you) and they will send you out a prepaid UPS label. Fill out this form, stick it in the same package as the power supply and call UPS up to arrange a pick up.

Its been a while since I have had to do a RMA with them so I might be missing a few points out but I think that's everything you need to do. Make sure to package the power supply well as UPS/hardwareversand are not liable if the good gets damaged in transit as a result of poor packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Go here and fill out the complaints form.

Print off the UPS shipping label, ring UPS for collection, wait for return. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Klaatu

Who pays for the UPS shipping back to Germany?

I saw something about a 40 euro charge in the HWVS site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

They pay unless the value of the item is less than €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

My LogiLink Wireless WL0066 either arrived dead or the two ports on my Z77 Pro 3 are dead. I cant tell or test it. Its under €40 so probably no point returning it. The website doesn't even have specific drivers for the card, you have to use the (possibly) old ones on the CD. Anyone recommend anywhere where I would get a cheap wireless card over the weekend in Limerick? I'm in rented accomodation where I cant get to the router :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

does the light come on?

if you want to drop it by my house I can test it in one of my rigs for you. I can also email you some drivers (they're very small)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

No light at all. Does that come on all the time or just at start up? The (wrong) drivers I got online say no card detected and the drivers on the disk don't let you past a point in the installation cause no card is detected. My parents have an old ass PCI card I'm going head home an get that but chances are that one is broken too cause its from ebay. If all else fails Ill get back to you. Thanks. The only thing in Device Manager under "Network adapters" is "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller". There's also an "Unknown device" under other devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭keithb93

No light at all. Does that come on all the time or just at start up? The (wrong) drivers I got online say no card detected and the drivers on the disk don't let you past a point in the installation cause no card is detected. My parents have an old ass PCI card I'm going head home an get that but chances are that one is broken too cause its from ebay. If all else fails Ill get back to you. Thanks. The only thing in Device Manager under "Network adapters" is "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller". There's also an "Unknown device" under other devices.

Ive got the same card and it worked straight away during windows installation without drivers. So id say yours might be dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lukasbolander

I rang them on the phone about returning it, and I got an email back saying they are sending someone to collect it on monday. but I never filled out a form or anything. Do I need to? She never said anything about it on the phone.

Advertisement