Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tour of Ireland passing through Limerick (24/08/07)

• 23-08-2007 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭

Just to let everyone know that the Bord Failte Tour of Ireland Cycling Event will be passing through Limerick Tomorrow (Friday the 24th) at around 2:55pm. All the towns that it has passed through so far have had crowds of people on the streets so I'm presuming the people of these towns had been informed that an event like this was happening and to come out and support it. No mention of it has been in any media in the Limerick area and it would be a shame if there was only a small crowd on the streets for it. Empty streets might give people a bad impression of Limerick people (not that we need or deserve it). So if you're around make sure you come along and give them a big Limerick Welcome! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Indeed - I'm sure it'll get a good reception, although the coverage in the press hasn't been the best.. there'll be some road closures in operation between 2:40-3:40pm.. on the following roads to accommodate it..

Dock Road N69 (Mungret Roundabout to Shannon Bridge Roundabout)
    Lower Mallow Street
    Henry Street (From Mallow Street to Sarsfield Street)
    Liddy Street
    Arthurs Quay
    Francis Street
    Bridge Street
    Athlunkard Street
    Corbally Road

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Poor timing though, closing half the city centre on a Friday afternoon for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

alright, i will cycle today. if i leave work from dock road at 3:15pm i just want to be at home in corbally road before 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

yup i was at the roundabout at jurys inn and there was a crowd there, i must say i enjoyed it, ive never seen a cycling race before!

Oh and i walked home over the new bridge,through north circular and down ennis road. TRAFFIC WAS MENTAL, i say everyone was wondering what the hold up was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Boring!

• Advertisement
Advertisement