Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Les Houches

• 18-03-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone stayed in Les Houches before? What's it like? There are three of us heading to that area for a few days boarding/skiing at the end of the month and it's a toss-up over Less Houches or Chamonix. Night-life isn't *that* important, a busyish bar is more than enough. What's it like for access to the rest of the valley etc? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

With current conditions you will be 30 minutes to skiing. Every morning! It's the lowest point of the Chamonix valley an at the end of the month you will need the higher stuff on Grand montes and Brevant.

A few nice bar and coffee shops down there though

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

It's a quiet village, only one bar of note that I can think of
    Fattes is correct- you'll likely need to end up on Grand Montes or Le Tour - (an even longer trek) although you might get away with skiing in the morning on Prarion in Les Houches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Then again looks like France and Switzerland are in for an end of season treat

http://unofficialnetworks.com/huge-dump-150cm-forecasted-alps-129482/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Fattes wrote: »
    Then again looks like France and Switzerland are in for an end of season treat

http://unofficialnetworks.com/huge-dump-150cm-forecasted-alps-129482/

Yes, snow forecast for this week! Well timed as I leave for there next Saturday. Ended up booking a hotel in Chamonix, thanks for the info, guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭mgkelly

cormee wrote: »
    Yes, snow forecast for this week! Well timed as I leave for there next Saturday. Ended up booking a hotel in Chamonix, thanks for the info, guys.

Stayed there a few years ago & really liked it, but it is low in the valley. Quiet, which I like!

• Advertisement
Advertisement