Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finally it's back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

sallymomo wrote: »
    Hey Fattes
    Not sure if you have ever been this far south;
    Limone Piemonte (french/Italian) border..
    Serious dump of snow last night!!
    Heading there for our annual trip on 2nd Feb, cant wait!

Keep up the great work on tips etc for us mere mortals!

Happy skiing everyone

Sadly not yet!! Looks lovely though and good stats! Always after something different I love the small resorts that have down thing special! That's why I am based here!! Small cosy and something special

I have plenty of footage & race results that shows I am amazingly mortal like everyone else ;) really does look like the weather gods have started to play ball which is great for everyone!

I am a little peeved about it as I am racing solid between now and the 1st of Feb so won't get to enjoy it as much as I would like and won't be at my Alpine base

Enjoy the holidays you may need to pack a snorkel it is that deep

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

It is a fairly low resort altitude wise, but North facing so tends to get lucky!!
    So much that even though we have flown over on a couple of occasions to brown slopes, by the time we arrived in the town it was full on blizzards - the locals even say we should be sponsored by the tourism board due to our luck with the snow!!!
    Limone is not a purpose built resort, its more like an Italian holiday with ski slopes :-) it does mean it can suffer in other aspects, some people would not be impressed by only 80km of slopes.
    Either way, we love it, great food wine ski and locals.
    Attached is a pic taken by a local of the village this morning, village is only at 1010M

Ger

sallymomo wrote: »
    Attached is a pic taken by a local of the village this morning, village is only at 1010M

Ger

It's altitude is not bad in fairness and that pic is divine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Oh god I hope its still bucketing down in 5 weeks time in france. I'm so excited!

And 8 weeks time in austria too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Looks great, there's a lot to be said for a resort with no other tourists, or at least English speaking ones in it. Feels a lot better imo.

Fattes save me posting another thread - anything I should do to keep my boots good until next year (sad but I don't think i'll get away again) in terms of putting them away - have dried them out and will do up the straps, anything else?

• Advertisement

anything I should do to keep my boots good until next year (sad but I don't think i'll get away again) in terms of putting them away - have dried them out and will do up the straps, anything else?

Dont be so negative you may visit me yet!!! ;) Nah just buckle them up tight and leave them somewhere ambient and dry, avoid heat sources (stop warping and cold and damp) If you want stick a plastic cup of bicarbonate soda in them to help deal with the eau du feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Getting a bit of snow back in Ireland too :D

Wasn't expecting as much so didn't bring the gear but a good 1-2inches of fresh snow.

23jqzas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Back from Mayrhofen today. That dump of snow earlier in the week was great. Only one badd ay of visibility as well which was great given the amount of snow that came down.

a148pro wrote: »
    Looks great, there's a lot to be said for a resort with no other tourists, or at least English speaking ones in it. Feels a lot better imo.

Fattes save me posting another thread - anything I should do to keep my boots good until next year (sad but I don't think i'll get away again) in terms of putting them away - have dried them out and will do up the straps, anything else?

It's lovely alright!!
    Got 1m dump over the last few days. Friend of mine who lives in Nice (less than two hours away) was there for the day yesterday, had the slopes pretty much to himself, and that was on piste. the off piste was amazing but I'll take his word on that one. Attached is a still from the webcam tis morning, two weeks today I will be trying me hardest not to fall down this slope!

In the porte du sole ok right now and it's snowing and more forecast for tomorrow badly needed conditions are fair to poor at best

• Advertisement

Off to the Valais region in Switzerland in six weeks. Snowing every day for the next seven bar Wednesday.

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Off to the Valais region in Switzerland in six weeks. Snowing every day for the next seven bar Wednesday.

Snowing down 1,000 Meters in Champery had to put snow chains on the car to get back up this PM!!

GS Race training today was 2 gate viz and fresh snow falling through out

Fattes wrote: »
    Snowing down 1,000 Meters in Champery had to put snow chains on the car to get back up this PM!!

GS Race training today was 2 gate viz and fresh snow falling through out

I'll be around 70/80k east. Normally solid for snow. Resort high of 2926.

I'll be around 70/80k east. Normally solid for snow. Resort high of 2926.

Where you off too??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

38cms forecast between now and Sunday in Courchevel! I feel a long trip up the mountain on Saturday if it all falls as forecast.

It's alpine paradise in the Porte Du Soleil today blue sky's sunshine and nice snow right down to the villages after recent dumps.

More snow forecast for France, Italy and Switzerland this week

Today

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Today

Perfection

Today

looks Divine!!

not jealous at all, no way, not me!

Where you off too??

Here

Not exactly a well know resort.

• Advertisement

Switzerland set for a dump.
    290102.png

Here

Not exactly a well know resort.

Ha ha I have skied there lovely!!

Mountain in the photo is the Dents du midi

Ha ha I have skied there lovely!!

Mountain in the photo is the Dents du midi

No idea how most people could end up there. Middle of nowhere. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

image91.jpg

image86.jpg

No idea how most people could end up there. Middle of nowhere. Haha

You would be amazed were FIS races take you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

fannymagee wrote: »
    image91.jpg

image86.jpg

Soll is looking pretty amazing at the moment.

You would be amazed were FIS races take you

There's a great run there when the snow is good enough, from top of the Eggishorn down into Fiesch. Think its a bit over 1800m down. Tried it without stopping last year. Serious leg burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Today

I hate you Fattes! We didnt get any France sun last week there :(

Looks beautiful and that hasnt helped the post hols blues :(

Enjoy!

Well it dumped today first freeski day in a few days and skied trees, a little pow and hit some cliff drops

Also 1st ski with the other half in over a year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Omg so beautiful.
    3 weeks to go. Please wait for us...

Advertisement