Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Wexford might be very tired after those tough games against Clare and the under 21 game...

Wexford might be very tired after those tough games against Clare and the under 21 game...

Works differently though. A defeat can sap the energy out of you whereas victory can be a tonic when the games are coming at you thick and fast. Dont forget, its the third game in a week for a number of those Wexford players.

Yeah, that's right. As I said it's the third for the under 21 players. That's a lot of games - a recipe for injuries. I doubt either of the Ws will beat Limerick - looks like a Limerick v Kilkenny semi - If I have that right

Dublin v Tipp?

Yeah, that's right. As I said it's the third for the under 21 players. That's a lot of games - a recipe for injuries. I doubt either of the Ws will beat Limerick - looks like a Limerick v Kilkenny semi - If I have that right

Dublin v Tipp?

Dublin will be tough and physical and in our face and if they decide to go for broke instead of this packing zones then we could be in trouble. I do fancy us to grind out a narrow win though.

I somehow fancy Wexford to make the semi though id imagine they are in bonus territory from this point on having knocked out the reigning champions

If Daly has done his homework he'll be alternating big men like Danny Sutcliffe and Conal Keaney on Paudie -

There was signs that our forward patterns of running off the ball are coming together for the goals against Offaly - at times it was over elaborate - but Offaly gave us so much space - We'll need to improve again - is it set for Croker? - crowd will be behind Dublin big time - a lot will depend on Seamie being ok seen as O'Shea looks to have built the whole forward line around getting the best out of him

• Advertisement

Callanan is supposed to be fine - just sore

Callanan is supposed to be fine - just sore

Obviously while i wouldnt wish any player to be seriously injured it might'nt be such a bad thing for Seamie to get a little tip here and there the odd time.

For years they haven't had to clatter him and now for the last 2 consecutive weeks in a row, he has taken a 2 right clatters as he was scoring a goal and has weathered them both. If he comes out relatively unscathed then its good for him.

He's certainly taken them and getting his goals - now just do it against the big guns - if he does he's in the running for player of the year

He's certainly taken them and getting his goals - now just do it against the big guns - if he does he's in the running for player of the year

If I'm being honest that title is Richie Hogan's to lose at the moment although I think both Seamie and Bonnar are hot on his heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mags85

There was signs that our forward patterns of running off the ball are coming together for the goals against Offaly - at times it was over elaborate - but Offaly gave us so much space - We'll need to improve again - is it set for Croker? - crowd will be behind Dublin big time - a lot will depend on Seamie being ok seen as O'Shea looks to have built the whole forward line around getting the best out of him

Doubt it will be in Croker as pending Garth Brooks he's suppose to be in Croker that weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That's not a bad draw now playing the Dubs,bring them to Thurles and we'll bate them.

Double Header in Semple - be great - Galway and the Dubs - bring em on!

Double Header in Semple - be great - Galway and the Dubs - bring em on!

Would Galway agree to play us in Semple? Dublin might for the hurling given that we played them in Croker in 2011.

Cant see that Garth Brooks clusterf*ck being sorted any time soon. Too many dopes involved at all sides

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

On the Sunday Game did Brian Whelahan seem unwilling to engage with Eamon O'Shea at the end? O'Shea seemed a bit shocked by his behaviour

frankz wrote: »
    On the Sunday Game did Brian Whelahan seem unwilling to engage with Eamon O'Shea at the end? O'Shea seemed a bit shocked by his behaviour

Didnt cop it tbh.

In other news, Pat Spillane now thinks our footballers are the greatest thing since the sliced pan.....well not quite but we're on the right track apparently. Such a turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great praise from Spillane tonight ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Great praise from Dermot Early for the Tipp footballers on Morning Ireland this morning.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

The footballers have to play in a neutral venue while it doesn't say anything about a neutral venue for the hurlers so I can't see a double header unless they manage to appease Galway, Dublin and Tipperary fans to one location. See here: http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/1407140829-all-ireland-football-qualifiers-round-3b-draw/

Gaelic Grounds for the football?

Gaelic Grounds for the football?

Could be possible. Perhaps for both even?

• Advertisement

Could be. But the quarters were played in Semple last year and were down again for it this year...because of Garth as you've said - but god knows what will happen the ridiculous Garth situation as you've mentioned- we'll see - Dublin might object to Thurles - but we had to go to Kilkenny in the qualifiers last year soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Paddico

Didnt cop it tbh.

In other news, Pat Spillane now thinks our footballers are the greatest thing since the sliced pan.....well not quite but we're on the right track apparently. Such a turnaround.

To be fair Spillane has always had praise and time for Tipp football. Compared to other Jounos in fairness

If it is the Gaelic grounds it will suit Dublin - we need a big pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

When are the venues announced?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

within 24hrs usually

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Quarter Final.
    Tipperary v Dublin
    Sunday July 27th at 4pm in Semple Stadium

Great opportunity for Tipp to build serious momentum - a real good test now to see where they are - As Dublin will tare into this without fear - only a point in it the last time - people's see us as having gone backwards since - Liam Rushe v Bonnar Maher - can't wait for that

All Ireland Senior Football Championship Round 4a.
    Tipperary v Galway.
    Saturday July 26th at 7pm in O Connor Park Tullamore..

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Moyorris wrote: »
    Will Philip Quirke be available soon.How many of the 2011 Minors are not available.

As I have said before on this Thread , Philip has a persistent problem with one of his Quads , he is taking it easy and hopes to be back for the League next year .

• Advertisement

What's the story with O'Mahony will he be okay for Dublin?

Advertisement