Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage down for anyone else?

• 03-07-2013 8:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭

Tried sending a text from Cabbage there, "failed at final stage" but I logged onto 02.ie on my desktop and webtexts working fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

download textdroid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

welkin wrote: »
    Tried sending a text from Cabbage there, "failed at final stage" but I logged onto 02.ie on my desktop and webtexts working fine.

eirtext is down for me , but jellysms sends one eventuall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I am getting the same error .

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Jellysms is also not working, I am trying with o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Invincible

Got the same message yesterday and today.
    Is there a Cabbage forum, to ask about the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Invincible wrote: »
    Got the same message yesterday and today.
    Is there a Cabbage forum, to ask about the problem?

cabbage working great for me with meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Cabbage down for me as well for a couple of days now tried to uninstall and re install but it won't except my password. tried textdroid but got the same result as for cabbage. i wonder if it is o2 after doing something that is effecting it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Comer1

Same here for last couple of days. Glad to realise its not just me. I'm with O2 BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Invincible

Comer1 wrote: »
    Same here for last couple of days. Glad to realise its not just me. I'm with O2 BTW.

Just seems to be o2 that's affected,Meteor is meant to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yes I think O2 have changed their security (again!) indirectly banjaxing Cabbage. Hopefully the wizard Cabbage developer will be able to correct for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Down for me to also on O2, balls!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

02.ie webtexts is actually very laggy so that might have something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Both Jelly SMS and cabbage broken on 02 it seems.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yup cabbage also not doing the business for me on o2.

Was the guy who made cabbage on boards at some stage? Where can we report a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yup cabbage also not doing the business for me on o2.

Was the guy who made cabbage on boards at some stage? Where can we report a problem?

Do a search for Sam Vimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 locky_lfc

Is there any free text app that works with o2 now

Do a search for Sam Vimes.

Thank you . I realised there was a website for the app so I contacted him via his feedback page. Hopefully it's an easily rectifiable issue,it's a great app.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Yes I think O2 have changed their security (again!) indirectly banjaxing Cabbage. Hopefully the wizard Cabbage developer will be able to correct for it.

I think this could be the case. The application only makes life easier to their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Jelly SMS for iOS and Mac have been updated to work with the new login system. Just restart the app to get the fix.

Still failing after a restart for me.

From O2 :

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Welc...pps/m-p/650390

"Over the coming fortnight O2 will be upgrading the identity management system handling webtext user logins and for this reason we are making customers of ours using apps such as JellySMS, Cabbage or EirText that these apps are unlikely to work once this upgrade takes place. "

Good to hear that that Jellysms has been fixed. Hope for cabbage still so.Will try jelly in the meantime.

• Advertisement

Still failing after a restart for me.

From O2 :

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Welc...pps/m-p/650390

"Over the coming fortnight O2 will be upgrading the identity management system handling webtext user logins and for this reason we are making customers of ours using apps such as JellySMS, Cabbage or EirText that these apps are unlikely to work once this upgrade takes place. "

Good to hear that that Jellysms has been fixed. Hope for cabbage still so.Will try jelly in the meantime.

C*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Icichacal

Cabbage still down on O2, Webtext was also down over weekend according to O2 who must have changed something to knock Cabbage out

i have full faith in the Cabbage developer to overcome this problem.

Anyone get on him? He say anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Jelly SMS for iOS and Mac have been updated to work with the new login system. Just restart the app to get the fix.

Still inoperative with 4.6.1.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Icichacal wrote: »
    Cabbage still down on O2, Webtext was also down over weekend according to O2 who must have changed something to knock Cabbage out
    Webtext is dog slow for the last week.
    Time to give O2 the boot ,I wont be paying them for texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Have O2 done this deliberately to target such apps or is it just part of their upgrade process?

Speaking of upgrade processes, they've been messing with that site for I don't know how long. It's a good day when it takes less than 5 minutes to get to your account page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Icichacal

Full agreement with John83, O2 site is on many occasions dreadful to visit, slow cumbersome etc, more than a bit Ironic when you consider they're a telecommunications company

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JamesRyan2

I'm also having an issue also with CabbageText Desktop with 02.

Cabbage text in the past has worked really well for me, and I'm really grateful to the guys that make it. Hopefully they will fix it.

The error I'm getting is:

"Error: (-1) Invalid response received from network site"

Cabbage can "login" to O2 fine, but sending a text, simply does not work. the O2 website itself seem really really slow.

CabbageText Guys - please help!

James.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

John83 wrote: »
    Have O2 done this deliberately to target such apps or is it just part of their upgrade process?

Speaking of upgrade processes, they've been messing with that site for I don't know how long. It's a good day when it takes less than 5 minutes to get to your account page.

I wonder about this also. I've no idea why O2 keep tinkering with their page. Clearly the mantra 'If it ain't broke...' hasn't made it to O2 yet. Maybe being bought by 3 will change things though.

Dunno if any of you guys have tried to use webtext from outside of Ireland, but it gets worse! You have to get a security code (in a text message) and enter it before you can send a message. Messy is an understatement!

As for Cabbage, I'm getting the same error 'Failed at the final stage of sending'. Its such a great app and takes all the hassle out of sending webtexts. Hopefully O2 will work with Sam Vimes and not against him.

JellySMS was mentioned earlier, but it doesn't seem to work for me (probs due to being outside Ireland). Anyone else experienced this?

• Advertisement

Jelly SMS doesn't work for me in Ireland. Nor textdroid

Advertisement