Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replace screen Samsung Galaxy S3

• 17-09-2012 11:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

Anyone know someone who can replace these relatively cheaply?

Screen is still fully functional, it's just the outer glass that's smashed.

Preferably in the midlands area, but I could go as far as Dublin or Galway if needs be.

A phone repair shop here quoted me 200 euro which sounds ridiculous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Out of my head, the whole lot will have to be replaced.
    Digitiser +screen are glued together, you may have a look on adverts, there is guy replacing the screens for €170.
    Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Mobile phone repairs in Naas.

085 160 7929

Fixed my wifes phone (replaced screen) 190.
    Genuine Samsung screen, phone back in 48 hrs, couldn't recommend them highly enough tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭pedatron

SGS3 screens are about that. You defo won't get much cheaper than what you were quoted I'm afraid!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭pedatron

yekahS wrote: »

Thats a screen only. You would have to detach the digitizer from the broken screen with a heat gun. Absolute nightmare. You could end up shagging up your phone if you don't know what your doing! A screen repair shop would hardly even do it. Thats why the price is so high as they are using full new screens and digitizers.

• Advertisement

Nope

What you need is new screen+digitiser and a set of tools .

I may also add that this is not an easy job for someone who has no technical skills with disassembling or assembling mobile phones,so only purchase an item if you know how to install it.
    Jarren

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Cheers for the responses lads. Looks like I'll just have to shell out the cash.

One final question. The phone isn't currently insured. But hypothetically, does insurance cover cracked screens like this, and how long after taking out a policy could one claim on the policy? ;)

Advertisement