Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Snooker Championship 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Maguire (why do I always spell his name Maquire and have to correct it?:() is still fighting away. Great stuff to see. Cracking long pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TheHopeful

Yep, fantastic pot, and some lovely shots during this break, so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

He's really trying to get something going for himself, grinding out this frame

Absolutely vital frame now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Nice one!

• Advertisement

Here's his chance, can he hold his nerve?!!

All the frame were big ones, but this one is huge. Chance to bring it back to 14-10 and Maguire has a good position too. C'mon you can do it. :)

See how the reds open up, hopefully in a friendly manner

HazDanz wrote: »
    See how the reds open up, hopefully in a friendly manner

Get the points first. As you might just break one or two off the pack in the process. :) Very good chance here imo.

Edit : I just jinxed him.

Jernal wrote: »
    Get the points first. As you might just break one or two off the pack in the process. :) Very good chance here imo.

Edit : I just jinxed him.

Indeed you did. Sigh....

• Advertisement

Oh, steve is back in again nice one

Phew, thought Carter was wrapping it up nicely there. Another chance!

That's a second lucky break for Maguire

Maguires luck is changing :D

Get in!!! Credit to Maguire, I thought he had thrown in the towel a while ago!

10-14 Tough but game on!

Excellent stuff, still got a game. Maguire needed a bit of luck there but his fighting spirit deserved it. That pink to the middle pocket was an emphatic pot and then he ran out of position ... twice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Hopefully Maguire can keep the rhythm going and win the first few frames tomorrow to make a game of it.

Is it just me or does everyone else hate Ali Carter too? I really dislike his attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

Maguire came back well tonight after going so far back. I hope he beats Carter but I'd love to see Ronnie Winning it out :)

Yeah Carter is very arrogant. Peter Ebdon is teaching him a few slimey tricks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Is it just me or does everyone else hate Ali Carter too? I really dislike his attitude.

Can't say I watch enough snooker to comment on his attitude but I admire him for battling back after being diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I know a guy who has it and it's ridiculously debilitating. He has to take weeks off from his job every once in a while.

It's incredible really that Carter has maintained his form while battling this for 9 years. It could well have helped him. Once he knows he can battle the disease anything else seems much more manageable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Maguire came back well tonight after going so far back. I hope he beats Carter but I'd love to see Ronnie Winning it out :)

Yeah Carter is very arrogant. Peter Ebdon is teaching him a few slimey tricks.

Slimey tricks, wut?

Stevens gets a frame back. He'll need a couple more frames on the board if we're gonna go into another session. Still fancy Ronnie. A fluke got him that frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Stevens comeback on? 12-9 behind now

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Hopefully Maguire can keep the rhythm going and win the first few frames tomorrow to make a game of it.

I don't think he earned himself too many fans from his press conference after beating Trump. Let himself down a bit.

I didn't see the last session but it appeared to me that there's no love lost between himself and maguire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

iMuse wrote: »
    Stevens comeback on?

Think that comeback is on ice now... 14-9 thanks to yet another half-century by Ronnie and a missed pink by Stevens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Harsh, but fair, to say that Stevens chucked the last two frames away with those misses - an easy pink into the right centre and then an easy brown into the left centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

vergo very funny to day :D maguire unlucky not win that frame after the snooker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

While I've been rooting for Maguire, you've got to hand it to Ali - he's been playing at an extremely high standard, and he looks very focused. I don't think Maguire has been able to match him at all yet, and it could take a minor miracle for him to get back into the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

For all Ali's talk about Judd's flukes, he's had a few outrageous ones here himself. The final red in the 26th frame was very convenient for him, to put it lightly.

Advertisement