Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Home in bed...just finished my supermacs...Munster won...listening to Brad Paisley (I wanna marry him *swoon*) Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Stupid rally is in Killarney...boy racers are wrecking my head. Wish I coulda stayed in Cork to get college work done but would never have got 3 weekends off...booked the next two off for college work. Ah well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Right, I'm off to bed after one of the laziest Saturdays on record. It involved watching several dozen episodes of 'Cheers', sitting in the sunshine and eating Chinese food for dinner. Night y'all. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

All this talk of Alan Rickman made me think of this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ah ffs. I only had a tussle* with some loungers about Jose marinho recently. dont know if ive the energy to fight for Alan rickman. All I'll say is that I'll bet he's a dirty dirty man in many glorious imaginative ways.

*this came up as riddle first on my phone. Heehee.

Im having a burger. Yum.

I love the conversation behind me.

"i know the fella u are scoring is 25 but he looks 35"
    Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Just home from my night out, the club we went to got evacuated for some reason, we all got kicked out :rolleyes:

Wandered the streets of Dublin for a few hours, before ending up in Supermacs having the the chats, then trying to get a taxi home. A great, if weird, night :)

Should be hammered and wrecked but I'm strangely sober and alert? Ah well! Good night loungers xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Lucyfur, your excitement at showing off your multi-quote skills actually made me laugh out loud :D

At work til 9am, but I'm in such a good mood :) Me & my colleague were doin our few jobs & we said we'd take a break and have a cigarette with one of the ladies that live here (I work in a hostel for homeless women). What was supposed to be a quick break turned into a 2 hour chat. She told us sad stories & stories that made us laugh & is so lovely :) It's things like that that make me love my job & makes putting up with the rough nights so worth it :)

Hope everyone is having a nice bank holiday so far, & hugs for those who aren't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

What's all this about Alan Rickman? Is he considered attractive now?

I'm more of a Bruce Willis fan, especially when he's all sweaty and grimy in a white vest. JAYSUS now there's a sight. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Good choice. I have seen the first 10 minutes of The Notebook.......ugh, vom central.

I haven't seen that much, something about "i'm going to emotionally blackmail you into going on a date with me" doesn't sound awful romantic to me

There is a bird outside mimicking a car alarm
    shut up, bird

I love this long weekend I feel like I'm on holidays
    Today I shall play more skyrim and finish my book and watch fringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Susie_Q wrote: »

I'm more of a Bruce Willis fan, especially when he's all sweaty and grimy in a white vest. JAYSUS now there's a sight. :D

I don't get the Alan Rickman thing either, but I also don't see anything in Bruce Willis, ew!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

mmmmmmm porridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Acoshla wrote: »

I don't get the Alan Rickman thing either, but I also don't see anything in Bruce Willis, ew!

they are both way too old, even brad pitt is past his sell by date.

Most of the movie guys I find attractive are between the ages of 27 and 40.

Leonardo do caprio with a south African accent ... Mmmmmmmm

Or Colin Farrell (with short back n sides)

Sam worthington in clash of the titans

Oh and call me a cougar I be liking liam hemsworth..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Age wouldn't be a factor in it for me, just their looks don't appeal to me at all.

Leo with the South African accent is so f-ing sexy!! Jason Bateman is my dream man, just last night I confirmed with my boyfriend that he's getting me him for Christmas :D

Generally famous men (or men in general!) that I'm attracted to are 30-45, my God when did I get so old! One of my real life uber crushes is 43, and I never liked Matt le Blanc in Friends but now that he's got grey hair and has a bit of age in his face he's beeyootiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

mmmmmmm porridge :D

Never heard of him, what does he look like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hugh Laurie is the sexiest 52 year old going. William Petersen is a strangely sexy 59 year old.

Yeah age doesn't really matter to me. Although I think I fall in love with the characters they are playing and I always think the actor is that character. I'm sure if I met them and knew them then I wouldn't like them half as much...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Susie_Q wrote: »

I know someone who adores Alan Rickman, I think its more his voice than anything else though.
    they are both way too old, even brad pitt is past his sell by date.

Most of the movie guys I find attractive are between the ages of 27 and 40.

Leonardo do caprio with a south African accent ... Mmmmmmmm

Or Colin Farrell (with short back n sides)

Sam worthington in clash of the titans

Oh and call me a cougar I be liking liam hemsworth..

Brad Pitt is 49, thats hardly ancient, Di Caprio is nearly 40 as well sure. not everyone can be Keanu Reeves and look the same at almost 50 that they did at 30, the man doesnt age!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good morning loungers, how are we all today? :D

I just woke up. Bf is still asleep but I think I'll call him soon. We had a really great time at the wedding yesterday. The church service was really nice. Not many people at it, I'd say 50 people were there at the most. All of the bride and grooms families and close friends and neighbours. My bf grew up with the groom, he lives right across from him.

My poor bf was starving by the time we got food. :o I made him scrambled eggs at 9.30am and we didn't get the first course until 7-ish. But he didn't eat it because he doesn't like vol-au-vents. :rolleyes: We had soup then. For main course I had turkey and ham and he had beef. He ate half my turkey as well as his dinner. :p Dessert was a selection of little cakes - Baileys cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate fudge cake. The meal was yummy. As was bf in the suit. My God I have never seen him look so sexy! :D

When I got ready and came downstairs, his eyes lit up and he just gave me this look. He smiled at me and it was so cute. He kept telling me I looked beautiful. :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

This time tomorrow I'll be in the airport. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Had a few lovely dreams last night, I'm in a rather good mood as a result :)

Have to start studying soon though, really don't want to!

Just found out that Granny collapsed again last night. She's ok though. It's because of the heart condition she has. Nothing can be done because she's so old. Still, it's scary. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Soooo tired right now, drank too much last night. Well, a bottle of bacardi orange and a small glass of wine.

Had a great time babysitting yesterday, miss her loads today. She was so easy to mind, only cried when she had wind/wanted her mama/was hungry, the rest of the time she was full of laughs and fun.

Was wheeling her around the supermarket and every time the buggy stopped she'd start crying 'cause she hates when it's stationed. Though she hates being in the pushchair full stop, same with her car seat, hates being strapped in.

She's teething too, poor thing had big bright red cheeks last night, took her a while to settle :(

Have a Spaghetti Bolognese in the slow cooker now, hope it turns out nice.

Was meant to have rib-eye steak for dinner last night, but it wasn't thawed out in time, so am going to have it for lunch today :D Can't wait for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

my friend came home from Erasmus YAY!!

i tried on two dresses i got a few years ago and amazingly they actually fit!
    this makes me very happy seeing as i was too big to fit in to them a few years ago! they are still a bit small but they look ok! :)

I think this dodgy moustache would cure ANYONE of an Alan Rickman fetish

6396987_gal.jpg

Jane I'm sorry about your granny, is she alright now? That must have given you all quite the shock

Sorry about your Granny, Jane... Delighted the wedding went well though, sounds like ye had a great time. :)

Yes, Krudler, his voice is definitely a huge part of Alan Rickman's appeal. If more men talked like that what a wonderful world this would be. Mmmm. :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Fishie wrote: »
    I think this dodgy moustache would cure ANYONE of an Alan Rickman fetish

6396987_gal.jpg

Still would.

Speaking of sexy voices, Ian Glenn in Game of Thrones. That man could read me the phonebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ugh. I was barely out last night, I had one drink. But I've got a pounding headache now. :(

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Still would.
    Me too. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Hope your granny is okay Jane, glad you enjoyed the wedding too!

I have to say, Robert Downey Jr would be my choice of 'older' male celebrity. We had a lecturer who looked like him, he really cheered up a 2 hour lecture on a Tuesday evening!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. She's okay now. The Alzheimer's is so bad that she forgets it even happened. :/ Nothing we can do tbh, the heart condition is what's gonna take her in the end according to the doctors.

We had a ball at the wedding. We're going out tonight with my brother and some of his friends. Some of the wedding crowd will be out as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement