Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fungus wrote: »
    1)
    5) It is not just about you !! I said, if you cant get around the age discrimination. Some people have been asked for passport scans.

+1 at your other points, If you were previously on o2 and they have your dob you won't be able to get around it. Few people tried just to see are they sharing the info and it appears they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trevortronics

@Fungus
    It'd be interesting to know if anybody who has been asked for a passport scan has just applied for another free sim instead. The chances of being selected twice with a passport scan letter I'd suggest are pretty remote on a pot luck basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

+1 at your other points, If you were previously on o2 and they have your dob you won't be able to get around it. Few people tried just to see are they sharing the info and it appears they are.

Good god, if true.

Firstly, Telefonica engage in blatant age discrimination. Now they are sharing personal privacy information internally for any purpose they feel fit.

Some other firms have got in serious trouble with the Data Commissioner for using DOB data for anything other than account verification purposes.

Obviously, you can get around this by porting to a different service provider and then to 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 saleem

Hi anyone know where I can get a topup voucher in the Lucan area or Blancherdstown

A Spar shop probably your best choice, they seem to definitely have them listed on their payzone machines even though they might not be aware of it.
    I tried a couple of other shops today and it wasnt on their machines.

• Advertisement

Fungus wrote: »

Obviously, you can get around this by porting to a different service provider and then to 48.

You can't get around it if you were ever on 02 they'll have your birthday in their base somewhere along the line. Makes no difference if your on another network.

I think there discriminating and that needs tothe be addressedthe but I doubt there doing anything wrong by checking your details in their own base. 02 is 100% 48, if the were not the I'd see a serious problem sharing the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You can't get around it if you were ever on 02 they'll have your birthday in their base somewhere along the line. Makes no difference if your on another network.

I think there discriminating and that needs tothe be addressedthe but I doubt there doing anything wrong by checking your details in their own base. 02 is 100% 48, if the were not the I'd see a serious problem sharing the info.

I've ordered one for the laugh, but already have a Golden SIM, so I'll soon see where I stand.

saleem wrote: »
    Hi anyone know where I can get a topup voucher in the Lucan area or Blancherdstown

Anywhere with a pink payzone should have them, just tell the dude behind the counter to keep scrolling past tesco, postpone and lycra mobile and 48 will be at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 saleem

Thanks trevortronics will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

The reps in my college said its really open to anyone and gave sims to practically the whole college .

I asked on their Facebook page and they said it is only for 18-22 yr olds. I asked them about the reps in the college but got no answer.

Someone is lying somewhere. I don't care what anyone says asking for a passport scan is dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Irishchick wrote: »
    ........ I don't care what anyone says asking for a passport scan is dodgy.

And some of us might not have a passport.....

Olddog

BTW, Chicken, did you mean Doggy rather than dodgy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The reps in my college said its really open to anyone and gave sims to practically the whole college .

I asked on their Facebook page and they said it is only for 18-22 yr olds. I asked them about the reps in the college but got no answer.

Someone is lying somewhere. I don't care what anyone says asking for a passport scan is dodgy.
    Mossad are certainly getting creative these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

thinking of getting one but am not sure if I really want to port over yet! Was going to just get the sim to have as a back up but I notice that you have to provide a phone number, this doesnt automatically port you over or anything does it??

No , the porting of a number only begins with the registration of the sim, anyways I would recommend holding off porting over til they get themselves sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sure Thing

Has anybody managed to port over from O2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

I see 48 now have the facility NEARLY ready online where you can buy your membership etc with your credit card but when you get to the last part...all cr card details entered....there is no button to press to enter it all...and hitting enter doesnt work....any ideas...I want to try the sim out and this is the last hurdle!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sure Thing

48 still cant take online payments, only via top up vouchers, best bet at your local Spar

Mossad are certainly getting creative these days.

??????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

robwhit wrote: »
    Just to be clear. Has any 'oldie' successfully ported over from their network, and are now texting calling and internetting with 48?

yes im 25 turned 18 last week and have everything up and running not a problem ported from meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

spider_pig wrote: »
    yes im 25 turned 18 last week and have everything up and running not a problem ported from meteor

So you registered as being 18?

Has anyone registered as being over 22?

• Advertisement

I tried to ask about the whole situation on their facebook page but got trolled by a bunch of fanboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

??????:confused:
    think about it :) Mossad - passports!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robwhit

spider_pig wrote: »

Great, I've been watching this thread for days for confirmation of that. I'll do it now so. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Do they have a webtext facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i filled in the form for a SIM last weekend, got my email etc. And still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Do they have a webtext facility?

don't think so. But there are 5,000 texts per month included in this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

don't think so. But there are 5,000 texts per month included in this offer.

Thanks. Webtext with that amount of texts per month would be handy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Sure Thing wrote: »
    Has anybody managed to port over from O2 ?

I need to know this too. I'd rather keep my old number, but if porting it means I'll get nabbed I'll stick with the 089 one. Anyone over the age of 22 ported over specifically from o2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Thanks. Webtext with that amount of texts per month would be handy for me.

hopefully this will work with 48

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

fl4pj4ck wrote: »

It won't. That still uses web texts. It just removes the need for you to navigate to the vodafone, 02, meteor etc. website in order to send them, similar to cabbage.

Advertisement