Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jurassic World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Galvasean wrote: »
    On a related note, I was in HMV Henry St. yesterday and they were selling the steel tin trilogy BluRay for €79.99 :eek:

I got that very same box set in that same store for €25 not even a week ago! If you want to buy it ask them to scan it. Maybe someone pulled the cheaper price tag off it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Skinfull wrote: »
    I got that very same box set in that same store for €25 not even a week ago! If you want to buy it ask them to scan it. Maybe someone pulled the cheaper price tag off it.

Are you sure it was the tin and not the regular version?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

HMV price based on stock numbers. If they only have a couple of copies left (the steel tin is supposed to be limited edition) the price is ridiculously high, but if they've loads warming shelves and clogging up the stock room it becomes super cheap.

HMV price based on stock numbers. If they only have a couple of copies left (the steel tin is supposed to be limited edition) the price is ridiculously high, but if they've loads warming shelves and clogging up the stock room it becomes super cheap.

It's also more to do with when they get stock in which is why often you'll see the same film for 4 euro and right behind it another copy for 44 euro. When they get new stock of a film in they price it accordingly so it's always best to look around in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Are you sure it was the tin and not the regular version?

I'm looking at t right now on the floor beside my tv... tin edition trilogy blu ray. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dino-Riders!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Dino-Riders!

F*ck the Dino-Riders, I want ZOIDS!

ZoidzStormSStrikeZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mutant dino-commando-men would be, lets be honest, kinda awesome in a straight up B movie, but wouldnt work in the JP franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

krudler wrote: »
    Mutant dino-commando-men would be, lets be honest, kinda awesome in a straight up B movie, but wouldnt work in the JP franchise.
    I hope to god the Syfy channel are reading this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I would watch the f*ck out of that movie.

humanji wrote: »
    I hope to god the Syfy channel are reading this thread.

they'll probably have it made by the weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As I said a year ago in this very thread, I care so little about Jurassic Park sequels that Dinosaurs with Guns would actually significantly increase my interest in a fourth film.

As I said a year ago in this very thread, I care so little about Jurassic Park sequels that Dinosaurs with Guns would actually significantly increase my interest in a fourth film.

someone bankroll a movie with that title, now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think they should just give the world the Terrible Thunder-Lizards movie it needs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha, wtf? Was this a serious, actual attempt to get JP4 made, or just some hail-mary script rattled together by some scripters, chancing their arm?

Don't have any mad desire to see a new JP film, but if I had the choice I certainly wouldn't think this bonkers, Roger Corman'esque idea would be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I should be really excited by this news, but for some reason it fills me with dread! :eek:

Still, Jaffa and Silva did a good job breathing life back into another cherished sci-fi IP (Rise of the Planet of the Apes), so maybe they can do the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That T-Rex from the first film is still great to see in both it's CGI and animatronic state.

No Stan Winston this time round, though I well imagine his studio will be taking on the dinos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The film, which will be shot and released in 3D, does not yet have a director
    iDDdtse0eUGlB.gif

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Duggy747 wrote: »
    That T-Rex from the first film is still great to see in both it's CGI and animatronic state.

Yeah, seeing it on the big screen again last year (or was it the year before?) was great. Most of the effects in the films haven't aged a day, the T-Rex scene in particular.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

No director, but it'll absolutely be shot in 3D and already has a release date? That's not in the least bit encouraging.
    Plus the writing team doesn't exactly have one excited either - their last flick was 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' (which I thought was hopelessly bland); their last before that was the Tom Sizemore 1997 monster-flick The Relic - hardly a sterling CV.

Jurassic Park still looks great though, it really hasn't aged a day, but let's be honest: with 3D on the table & an immovable deadline, I can't see how they won't use CGI for their dinosaurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, seeing it on the big screen again last year (or was it the year before?) was great. Most of the effects in the films haven't aged a day, the T-Rex scene in particular.
    I guess it really works well when you mix animatronics with CG. But I thought the reveal with the Brachiosaur has really aged the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Rise of the Apes was a great movie imo , I look forward to seeing what they do with this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I liked rise of the apes it was a solid story and not as convoluted as return to planet of the apes or whichever one followed the saga of Nero (could be wrong on the name)

Relic, I remember watching it, for a second I thought it was mimic which I really like, great lil monster movie

Mimic and Relic where very similar now that I read up on it, saw both, but many moons ago, there's worse movies out there to be honest, but i'm always a optimist

I am excited... and terrified!

I am excited... and terrified!

Wisest course of action here is to dial back expectations to the bare minimum, best way to save disappointment; though I appreciate that might be difficult for a mod of the Palaeontology forum ;)

Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes today. Good little movie overall. Hopefully the writers can keep or improve the level of quality for JP4.

Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes today. Good little movie overall. Hopefully the writers can keep or improve the level of quality for JP4.

Would be delighted to get a JP movie of the same quality as Rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Mickeroo wrote: »

Would be delighted to get a JP movie of the same quality as Rise.
    With extra dinosaurs obviously.

Advertisement