Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Brian Lawlor has stepped down as hurling manager. A Christy Ring title and a Division 2B title is a good return from his two years in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Dr Crippen

Any ideas why Klairon? I hate to speculate negativley but.......... it could be anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Jason Ryan has resigned.

Such a pity it didn't work out for him, he's a decent man. Best of luck to him.

The county board are going to be busy with the two senior posts to fill.

Just printing my cv now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I heard at the football match on Sunday that cian o Neill would be interested in the job providing he can bring in his own people and the county board at not to interfere.
    Could be all terrace talk!

I would be worried about who the county board might have in mind.

Who would you guys like to see in the senior football managerial role and why?

I'd like to see Glenn Ryan take over. The players would have huge respect for him unlike Ryan who was seen as a traitor to some players.

Our financial situation will limit our options, the likes of Cian O'Neill are a no go.

I can't see a Ger Donnelly led board appointing Glenn Ryan as senior football manager.

Explain klairon, I haven't a clue

• Advertisement

PM sent

Minor team to play Tipperary tomorrow.

Declan Campbell
    Ronan Slattery
    Mike Joyce
    Darren Lawlor
    Sean Healy
    Shea Ryan
    Gavin Burke
    Daniel Courtney
    Rory Feely
    Conor Hartley
    Ethan O'Donoghue
    Brian McLoughlin
    Ciaran Kelly
    Matthew Kelly
    Jimmy Hyland

Best of luck to them.

JFC QF

Castlemitchell 1-13 Robertstown 1-11

Robertstown led 1-9 to 0-3 at the break. :eek:

Great comeback by Castlemitchell

JFC QF

Kilcullen 0-8 Milltown 0-9

Good win for Milltown who were 0-7 to 0-3 down with 20 minutes to go.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Nib wrote: »
    The players would have huge respect for him.

Would they? I wouldn't even consider him.

Kilcullen are one seriously underachieving club.

Kilcock 2-9 Rathangan 1-11

Last minute goal for Shane O'Rourke wins it for Kilcock.

SHC Group A

Éire Óg/CC 2-15 Confey 1-16

Éire Óg/CC with the last 1-5 of the game.

SFC Replay:

St Laurence's 0-14 Athy 1-8

Athy look like they're on the road to nowhere under Kellaghan. Way too defensive and ill disciplined.

• Advertisement

SHC Group B

Celbridge 2-21 Clane 1-15

SHC Group B

Leixlip 1-14 Maynooth 0-10

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Very impressed with Laurence's over the two games. If Athy focused on their own game and stopped worrying about been too good for a division 2 team they'd be better off

Celbridge and Moorefield look a bit ahead of the pack at this stage.

Athy just don't look like they will ever realise their potential. Sarsfields will be hoping to summon up a big performance but they won't put out Moorefield if Alan Smith isn't fit and firing. Larries, Naas and JTB will be thereabouts but it's hard to see any of them going all the way. I would be very surprised if any of Leixlip, Carbury, Allenwood, Eadestown or Confey make it past the quarter finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Are the Minors a foregone conclusion today or what ? From what I can see here some posters have taken their eye of the ball as far as the minors are concerned.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Are the Minors a foregone conclusion today or what ? From what I can see here some posters have taken their eye of the ball as far as the minors are concerned.
    And how did you come to that conclusion?

It's far from a foregone conclusion.

Xenophile wrote: »

Not at all. This minor team have come a long way in a short space of time and surprised most supporters. They got the team selection wrong the first day against Louth and were hit with a few sucker punches when they were in control of the game. They showed good character in scraping past Offaly and Laois but no one really gave them much hope against Dublin after the narrow margin of those two wins. Truth be told the three point winning margin in that semi final flattered Dublin. Kildare just seemed to click that day and they haven't looked back since.

They have the full forward line to rack up a big score with a good supply of ball but they can leave the backline exposed. That would be a big concern if some of the forwards were to have an off day which is always a possibility with minors. They should have been home and hosed against Cavan and not hanging on towards the end. Hopefully that will focus minds going into this game.

They've switched Kelly and O'Donoghue for some reason. The latter not getting much change from the Tipp full back.

Very nervous start from both teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Is that Tadgh Fennin on the sideline for Kildare?

• Advertisement

Yes. The Dubs will have nightmares when they see him.

Advertisement