Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

• 04-05-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm surprised there is no thread about this yet, considering how good ACII and Brotherhood were. This weeks teaser video is typically vague viral nonsense where people with too much time on their hands will spend far too much time taking it apart and analysing it frame by frame. :)

General consensus is that we're back with Altair again, and it looks like it will be set in Turkey (Constantinople)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I hope they realyl change things up as opposed to just adding one or two improvements. I really like the previous games, but I'd like a bit of variety amd something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Strange going back to Altair. May make sense storywise, but from a gameplay point of view you lose so much that has since been introduced, like guns, basic machinery, parachutes etc. Though maybe this means more Desmond in the game to balance that out. Stikk, after the last two games, definitely looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i think it was always going to be altair for this one, when they wrap it up with AC3 next year itll be interesting to see whether they drop the flashbacks altogether, introduce a new assassin, or have both ezio and altair involved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I find it hard to believe they are going to wrap up the story in AC3. I hope they do, but I doubt it. The AC games are doing too well to wrap it up.

Going back to Altair is an odd choice I think, Ezio was a vastly improved and better character with a great personality.

Altair had almost no personality if I remember correctly, hopefully he will have developed one by the time by the game comes out. :pac:

More AC is not a bad thing anyways, loved AC2 and Brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭cml387

It's a good thing I went back to do AC1,after completing AC2 and brotherhood,otherwise I wouldn't know anything about Altair.:)

Certainly he wasn't as likeable a character as Ezio(at least in the beginning,he was a bit more humble at the end),only because AC2 went to a lot more trouble to give Ezio a backstory and a family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

This is a really out there idea, but would there be any chance that the references back to Altair's time might not be directly to him?
    Perhaps to a son/daughter instead? There was the section in ACII where Desmond found him in Altair's body again, and at the end of the memory, it seemed to "follow" the templar, Maria (who it seems was pregnant with Altair's child) rather than Altair. It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that this was a nod to where series would progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

cython wrote: »
    Perhaps to a son/daughter instead? There was the section in ACII where Desmond found him in Altair's body again, and at the end of the memory, it seemed to "follow" the templar, Maria (who it seems was pregnant with Altair's child) rather than Altair. It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that this was a nod to where series would progress?

Hopefully. I was hoping that would be cleared up in AC:Brotherhood, but not a mention of it.

If thats what Revelations is going to be based then, then I couldn't be more sold on the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

its turning into call of duty at this stage releasing a game every year
    im still gonna pick it up but it better do something with the combat, its very dull

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

its turning into call of duty at this stage releasing a game every year
    im still gonna pick it up but it better do something with the combat, its very dull

I thought they really improved it in the last game. Chain kills, kicking to take down an enemies guard, secondary weapons etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I secretly hoped they were going to take a year off with this franchise. Brotherhood is good, and an improvement from the 2nd, but not the same quality leap as between 1 & 2. Giving it a year would allow them to do something really new and significantly mix up the gameplay.

I'm happy to be proven incorrect in my assumptions, but this series risks overexposure. Which would be a damn shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,883 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is revelations going to be AC3? Or is it another mid step? AC1 - AC2 - ACBrotherhood - ACRevelations - AC3?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That teaser is rediculous! Will just wait for proper info. Sothis looks like a Brotherhood for Ass 1? before releasing the final Ass 3? Sounds a bit strange as was said you would lose some features but i'm sure they will think of something. Devs have said tho they will never release a game that is fully set in modern day because it would only turn into a shooter. Either way, this will be a day one purchase for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

People are speculating that this will be set in the Ottoman Empire.

I'm not sure why they're saying that because I haven't bothered to read up on this one but I thought I'd put that out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Am I the only one who was disappointed with Brotherhood then? I found the combat boring and too easy with the crossbow and instant kills by holding LB. The map was really poor as well in comparison to Venice & Florence, full of unscalable cliffs, countryside and ruins of pillars.

I'll still probably get the new one but I was hoping they'd take their time with a proper sequel instead of another rushed game for maximum profit.

Never really played the first one so dont know much about Altair, Constantinople seems a decent bet though considering its significance throughout history

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really hope that we don't lose the ability to call in help from fellow Assassins. That was one of my favourite features of Brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/05/acrcoverrevealjune.aspx

gami_218_cov_a.jpg

1280x1024_ac_screen.jpg
    You've heard the rumors; now get the facts. Ezio's final chapter will bring the answers that fans have been waiting four years to uncover. The June issue of Game Informer is on its way, and Assassin's Creed Revelations will grace the cover. Our exclusive, first look, 12-page cover story reveals extensive details on the franchise's next major installment, due out this November.
    You'll learn how each of the franchise's major characters -- Altaïr, Ezio, and Desmond -- play a part in the story, and how you'll control each of the three as playable characters. Uncover a brand new part of the world as Ezio travels abroad for the first time to explore the wonders of Constantinople at the height of the Ottoman Empire. Learn about all the new features that set Revelations apart, from a brand new weapon and tool that changes the way you'll fight and traverse the world, to extensive details on the newly customizable multiplayer game. And what exactly is going on with Desmond after the end of Brotherhood? Of course, we also have a wealth of new screens and art to accompany all the information. We unveil all this and more in our magazine cover story, and we'll have more in-depth information, interviews, and videos about the game's central features here on gameinformer.com throughout the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

EPICNESS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Love the AC series, can't wait for this, was hoping for a Revolutionary France setting though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

What's the story with the strange metal birds head halfway down Ezio's hidden blade in the first pic and then on the end of a rod in the second pic?
    Is it some sort of climbing aid perhaps?
    Would that be the change to how the game world is explored?

Hopefully we don't go too far the "Old Snake" route with the aging Ezio in this game, I was expecting codec calls from Otacon in the last game puntuated with witty remarks about the protagonists age.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Wow. I did not see this happening. With all the details coming out last week about it mentioning Altiar in the videos, I kinda overlooked the fact that you might still be playing as Ezio. Exploring the world of Altiar in the late 15th century as Ezio. Brilliant. Cant wait for it now.

As far as the bird/hook on the hidden blade goes, I would imagine that they are meant to allow him to climb faster/jump greater distances. I think they might be trying to change up the climbing mechanics a small bit. Throwing something new into the mix, seeing as it hasn't changed too much since the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The Ottoman empire, is definitely an interesting place for them to go, in the same time period. I think the Ottoman empire, hasn't really been touched much at all in games, so its definitely something a bit different.

I read a book called "My Name is Red" by Orhan Pamuk, and it was set during the Ottoman empire days, and I think it will definitely be an interesting place to explore in the game, if they portray it anything like the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

wes wrote: »
    The Ottoman empire, is definitely an interesting place for them to go, in the same time period. I think the Ottoman empire, hasn't really been touched much at all in games, so its definitely something a bit different.

I read a book called "My Name is Red" by Orhan Pamuk, and it was set during the Ottoman empire days, and I think it will definitely be an interesting place to explore in the game, if they portray it anything like the book.

I think the setting provides a nice bridge between the Middle eastern setting of the first game and the European setting of the second.
    The Ottoman empire was like a gateway between the two regions, a kind of melting pot that should throw up some interesting plot points.

Hopefully they get the balance right and the switch between three seperate protaganists doesn't become laboured.
    AC2 was the highlight of the series so far because it changed so much for the better from the first game, lets hope they've given themselves enough development time to do this game justice.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Is Brotherhood worth getting?

I started on AC2,which I loved,couldn't expect more of the game tbh.

Then got AC1, which I am enjoying but find a little bit repetitive but I expected it to be lacking to AC2, since it preceded it. Typical of me doing things arse about face!

It just seems anything I have seen of Brotherhood it seems a bit arcady :/

Would love to finish the series in order before this but not sure if I want to spend the money on a rehash of previous titles...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Is Brotherhood worth getting?

I started on AC2,which I loved,couldn't expect more of the game tbh.

Then got AC1, which I am enjoying but find a little bit repetitive but I expected it to be lacking to AC2, since it preceded it. Typical of me doing things arse about face!

It just seems anything I have seen of Brotherhood it seems a bit arcady :/

Would love to finish the series in order before this but not sure if I want to spend the money on a rehash of previous titles...

If you enjoyed AC2 then for sure, get brotherhood. You can pick it up cheap enough now as well.

It is similar to AC2 but with a few more new things thrown into the mix. It also moves the story along a great deal with both of the main characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Love the series but feel the game styles are similar enough so I'm leaving time between the games. I left 18 months between AC and AC2. Gonna do the same with Brotherhood or at least leave it a year before getting it otherwise I think I'd burn out on the games as they're not gonna be vastly different and they are long enough, especially after going for the 1K in AC2.

I look forward to brotherhood but it'll be 6 months down the line for me yet.

Harps wrote: »
    Am I the only one who was disappointed with Brotherhood then? I found the combat boring and too easy with the crossbow and instant kills by holding LB. The map was really poor as well in comparison to Venice & Florence, full of unscalable cliffs, countryside and ruins of pillars.

I'll still probably get the new one but I was hoping they'd take their time with a proper sequel instead of another rushed game for maximum profit.

Never really played the first one so dont know much about Altair, Constantinople seems a decent bet though considering its significance throughout history

If you had any doubts about the other two then don't touch the first one.

It was horrific, the whole selling point was the graphics.

Every mission was the same> unlock locations on the map> gain info on the target> kill target> run away.

It was awful, like playing a game from 20years ago... there was no depth to it and bar the cut-scenes before killing the target, it was just the same mission played out in different area's.

The others were an improvement, but the first was awful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I first played and completed AC1 between November & December 2010, AC2 between December & January 2010-2011 and I have just finished Brotherhood.

This will be the longest I have had to wait for a new Assassin's Creed game :)
    I do enjoy the multiplayer though, currently at level 30 and a bit to go for level 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Can't wait.

This, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim.

November is gonna be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Can't wait.

This, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim.

November is gonna be epic.

Im pretty much going into self imposed exile for November. Add the new Batman game and one or two other releases it could carry on till after Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

These games just neve stop coming, do they? I bloody hate the AC series. It's so damn boring and the story is being made up as they just make more and more sequels. It really shows. It's really nice to graphics and wandering around can be pleasant but the gameplay in all is just terrible (for every last one of the games). One of the easiest games to date which is why it's probably so popular. I can take out an army with my fists in that game, so dumb and completely unrealistic even though they say it's meant to be realistic.

From the people who made the hitmans games, you'd think they'd know something about cool target missions but apparently not. Just another generic AC game this is, I'm assuming. Proabably going to have a big annoying marketing campaign in every store with some pre-order trinkets.

Advertisement