Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dragons Curse is a Wonderboy game.

I used to have the port of it that was made for the GameGear.

I loved the game, but don't think it's as good as the classic arcade "Wonderboy in Monster Land" which this one is kind of based on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might try Goemon but I'm holding on to my 1000 points for Lylat Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Might try Goemon but I'm holding on to my 1000 points for Lylat Wars.

Potentially good news so, Lylat Wars has apparently come out on the US store today. Here's hoping for us on Friday!

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just spotted that... you beat me to it! :)
    Fingers crossed....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be a very happy retr0gamer if Lylat Wars gets released on Friday. A whole long weekend of Barrel Rolling :eek:

It's the one game I really wanted to pick up for the N64 but just haven't been able to get my hands on it. Hopefully it will be reduced borders and 60Hz like the rest of the N64 VC games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Excellent... i can finally relive my childhood past time of trying to shoot Peppy down. Those Wii points have been burning a hole in my digital pocket.

The only other way they can supercede this in terms of Starfox on the Virtual Console is by releasing the SNES game with Wii-controls a lá the Warioware game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Is it worth 1000 points?

Dman001 wrote:
    Is it worth 1000 points?

There's no finer arcade rails shooter with the possible exception of Panzer Dragoon Orta and even then it's hard to call. It's an absolute thrill ride especially with the great use of sound and speech that makes it wonderfully cinematic. Loads of references to movies like Independence Day. There's also a lot of replayability thanks to an excellent scoring system, lots of secret medals and multiple paths through the game.

If you have never played it before then it's well worth more than your 1000 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Okay,thanks, I might buy it. Is the European one called Lylat Wars and the American one called Star Fox 64?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dman001 wrote:
    Okay,thanks, I might buy it. Is the European one called Lylat Wars and the American one called Star Fox 64?

Yes. The insanity of rebranding.

Great game. I still play it regularly. Four player is quite a lot of fun. Think I'll dig it out tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

There was a C64 game called starfox so nintendo had to rebrand it for Europe. Still Starwing 64 would have been a lot better than Lylat Wars.

The multiplayer was never the best but I still played 4-player an awful lot, more than MK64. Not sure why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Retr0gamer wrote:
    There was a C64 game called starfox so nintendo had to rebrand it for Europe. Still Starwing 64 would have been a lot better than Lylat Wars.

The multiplayer was never the best but I still played 4-player an awful lot, more than MK64. Not sure why?
    Same with me heh.

"This isn't that good.....one more game"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Retr0gamer wrote:
    ... Loads of references to movies like Independence Day.

Was probably not gonna get this game as I've only been disappointed by vc games....

But I can't help but smile when I think of flying straight up to a huge mother ship and having loads of little ships fly out, with a huge dog fight ensueing..

Legend game... could never get the perfect score in all levels though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Legend game... could never get the perfect score in all levels though
    I know me and my brother got all gold medals on all levels and the only reward we got was being being able to fight the multiplayer levels on foot as fox and co
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Thought I should ask before I download it. Any component problems with the Virtual Console version of Link to the Past?

Thought I should ask before I download it. Any component problems with the Virtual Console version of Link to the Past?
    Component problems? Do you mean the output?

I've encountered no problems with the game at all, runs nice, plays nice and is the same experience as was on the SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Crap crap crap.

(To save Rhyme a job tonight)

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74984
    Europe's Virtual Console will have to keep on waiting to get its grubby little rose-tinted mitts on Lylatwars - the game known to most as StarFox 64 - despite its arrival on the American version of the service this past Monday.

Instead of seeing the Nintendo 64 title debut on Friday, 6th April, Wii owners who fancy a bit of retro will have to make do with the SEGA trio promised to us last month: Sonic Spinball, The Story of Thor and Vectorman. All three are Megadrive conversions, and all three cost 800 Wii points. Check in with the original announcement for game details.

The absence of Lylatwars means that the N64 is still only represented on the service by three games: Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Expect Lylatwars to cost 1000 Wii points, as with the others, when it does eventually appear.

Ffs!

It's not only the absence from the selection tonight that galls me, it's the perfect lack of legitimate reason.

I'll still stay up tonight to wait out the releases, because i have nothing better to do on a Thursday night.

EDIT: ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

This is a crock of Donkey S**t poxy retro got me all hyped up for this !!! bloody nintendo could have at least given us the first star fox !!! DAMN YOU NINTENDO!!!!

Ps Still love my Wii

As of 23:27 5th of April

Sonic Spinball - Enjoyable game but not as good as Lylatwars
    Vectorman - These guys like it but it's still not Lylat Wars
    Story of Thor - Called 'Beyond Oasis' elsewhere and apperently pretty good.

My disappointment is obvious, i think i'll go to bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sonic Spinball brings back memories...

.. but no Lylat Wars! :(

Spinball brings back bad memories. Story of Thor looks gorgeous but has aged badly. My thoughts are in the game reviews forum.

Vectorman is a great little game.

Just trying this new browser which kicks ass but I want to know what you think will come out tonight?

It better be Lylatwars.

I sound like a broken record.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

According to Wiki one of the games well be getting is Bonk's Revenge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_%28Europe%29

Eh not sure about what I think of that but could badly do with something timely and good

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

LYLAT MOTHER****IN WARS

(please)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

If only ninty read this board,then we would have lylat wars.

Advertisement