Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-02-2012, 10:25   #61
Fieldog

Some w@nk$plash tried getting my account details about 2 hours ago, I got a mail from Origin saying I wanted my password reset, I never requested it of course and worryingly a hotmail address of mine is linked as the second email address to get into my gmail along with my phone number, I know hotmail is vulnerable to a brute attack through IE but thankfully he didnt seem to get in, is there anything I can do to "stay safe" from this?

EA, the only game of yours I own atm is Battlefield, but my mate did play FIFA on my account before, could that be the cause?
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 10:27   #62
Vicxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldog View Post
Some w@nk$plash tried getting my account details about 2 hours ago, I got a mail from Origin saying I wanted my password reset, I never requested it of course and worryingly a hotmail address of mine is linked as the second email address to get into my gmail along with my phone number, I know hotmail is vulnerable to a brute attack through IE but thankfully he didnt seem to get in, is there anything I can do to "stay safe" from this?

EA, the only game of yours I own atm is Battlefield, but my mate did play FIFA on my account before, could that be the cause?
Keep your EA password different to everything that you own. Update your Xbox secret question and add a mobile as a security option.
22-02-2012, 10:51   #63
Fieldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicxas View Post
Keep your EA password different to everything that you own. Update your Xbox secret question and add a mobile as a security option.
Doing that now, im fecking bulling here but sure I cant do much about it now only what you have suggested, cheers Vicxas....
22-02-2012, 11:12   #64
PhlegmyMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldog View Post
Doing that now, im fecking bulling here but sure I cant do much about it now only what you have suggested, cheers Vicxas....
Yeah, I genuinely believe that a lot of this stuff is coming through EA accounts. Get the password for that, then try it on the Gamertag. A couple of my friends have been hacked and it was for FIFA players. Most of the guys earlier in the thread said that people had used their accounts to buy FIFA players. Seems to be a correlation. Then again, I suppose FIFA players are a lucrative commodity so they could be just getting into random Gamertags with the intention of buying FIFA players.
22-02-2012, 11:19   #65
Fieldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlegmyMoses View Post
Yeah, I genuinely believe that a lot of this stuff is coming through EA accounts. Get the password for that, then try it on the Gamertag. A couple of my friends have been hacked and it was for FIFA players. Most of the guys earlier in the thread said that people had used their accounts to buy FIFA players. Seems to be a correlation. Then again, I suppose FIFA players are a lucrative commodity so they could be just getting into random Gamertags with the intention of buying FIFA players.
Has to be, to be honest the only EA games I have played since the 360s inception are Tiger 08 or 09, cant remember, Battlefield 3 and FIFA the very odd time with the lads... (their copy)

I hate EA games and am so biased towards them I wriggle with disgust putting the BF3 disc in my console, I know they are just a publisher these days but they have a business model that I do not like with games, until I started playing BF3 that is....
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 14:23   #66
gar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gar View Post
Insult to injury, all achievements over last 2 months gone!

FFS

Theres no point screaming at the support agents, they're not the ones doing the investigating.

And everything that was altered during the investigation timeframe is restored back to what it was prior to the investigation.

Were you speaking to an irish rep?
Hi vicxas,

Oh I know that. There was no sreaming just stern words. It's the system they use that's infuriating. I have spoken to Irish reps a couple of times. There was one English lady that has been very good and phoned me to see how things are. Follow ups make this whole process less painful. Nothing worse than no information and it's up to you to chase.

Hopefully the end is in sight

Gar
23-02-2012, 05:16   #67
Vicxas

The review process shouldnt take that long.
23-02-2012, 10:33   #68
foxerv1

Quote:
+1 on this, all cards can be removed. Once a non renewing subscription is not linked to a credit card they can be removed.

Call back up and ask for your card to be removed. or even use the xbox.com chat team.
Funny thing is it was with a member of the xbox chat team. I will give them another call and see what they say.
23-02-2012, 13:13   #69
Vicxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxerv1 View Post
Funny thing is it was with a member of the xbox chat team. I will give them another call and see what they say.

Chat isnt the best as information can come across wrong.
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 21:16   #70
gar

Finally everything is sorted.
I have my credit back on my account but not heard anything.
Scared to tempt fate ask why.

nearly 60 days. I think I have just been very very unlucky in this whole ordeal...
28-02-2012, 21:17   #71
gar

Finally everything is sorted.
I have my credit back on my account but not heard anything.
Scared to tempt fate ask why.

nearly 60 days. I think I have just been very very unlucky in this whole ordeal...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion