Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit's ears and Sky

• 02-02-2005 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

No, I'm not murdering Bugs, but I am fit to murder my Sky box.

I have the ariel (rabbit's ears) plugged into the TV, and I get the terrestrial channels relatively clear. I plug the ariel into the Sky box antenna in, and I can get the channels via my Hauppauge PVR, but I can't get them on the TV. The Sky box is connected to the TV via the SCART connection.

Any ideas how I can get the terrestrial channels using the ariel plugged into the Sky box rather than directly into the TV?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

With an RF cable from SKY box TV antenna OUT to TV .
    Benifit here is that the SKY box acts as a signal booster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Do you loose Tv3 and TG4 going through the skybox or is it just RTE1 and 2 you loose ?

Maybe RTE is on VHF in your neck of the woods and the Skybox only lets UHF signals through ?

Or maybe the microprocessor chips in the Sky box generate RF interference at VHF ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Seano's solution worked. The picture is noticably better, thanks Seano!

Ulsterman: I lost all four channels, but I have them back now.

Advertisement