Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rte On Sky In The North

• 01-02-2005 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Any news on when (or if) us northeys will be able to access RTE via sky up here in the north.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

gusto wrote:
    Any news on when (or if) us northeys will be able to access RTE via sky up here in the north.

why would u want too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭gusto

lomb wrote:
    why would u want too?

Soccer and GAA coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i c, i suppose it may e possible to receive it with a large analogue aerial. sky is a non runner unless u have an address in ireland and get an irish package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭gusto

lomb wrote:
    i c, i suppose it may e possible to receive it with a large analogue aerial. sky is a non runner unless u have an address in ireland and get an irish package.

I do live in IRELAND and the Cave Hill stops me receiving RTE through an analogue arial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

gusto wrote:
    Soccer and GAA coverage.

if RTE becomes available on Satellite in the North... I doubt they have to drop the football coverage... or you have to watch a blue screen ;) for a hour and a half. IIRC. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

why would u want too?

Being able to watch films "as the director intended" * (i.e without cuts "for language and nudity" or just to fit into a bloody ITV network timeslot)

*apart from adbreaks
    Soccer and GAA coverage.
    Takes all sorts I suppose

Anyway what about Northern Ireland FTV cardholders ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, wasn't there rumours about RTE and Sky negotiating about this? Perhaps I was dreaming though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

gusto wrote:
    I do live in IRELAND

xyxthumbs.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

byte wrote:
    Hmm, wasn't there rumours about RTE and Sky negotiating about this? Perhaps I was dreaming though! :D

I also heard rumours about this, I think it will happen, when?? is another question.

Advertisement