Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Housing application kildare county council

• 22-04-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    After being on the housing list for Kildare county council since at least 2005, and then not being able to afford anywhere to rent in Kildare, i ended up getting arrested in january 2012 for attempting to 'occupy' the local roundabout, by myself. Bit silly i know, and i got sent to Lakeview psychiatric unit in Naas Hospital as a result( the gards very kindly let me leave the dog with a relative on the way).
    While in Lakeview, i was visited by a member of Kildare County Council Housing team, a man, i dont recall his name now, and he liased with me and eventually got me a placement at Sr.Consilios in Athy , where sadly i wasnt allowed to keep the dog with me, so it was back to homeless living in the car and staying with friends.
    I went back into Kildare Housing Section in the Town Hall, and the woman there listened as i told her, that i was living in my car , and did not have an address. I was crying as i told her this as it felt humiliating to admit this.
    Her response was to shove a NEW application form in my face and told me to re-apply. I told her i was on the list already, but she just looked at me stonyfaced and said 'thats all i can offer you now.
    I was very upset by this response. I found an old caravan on gumtree for 200, and went searching for a place to park it, which as i discovered, cost as much if not more than as renting a flat, and i have been in the caravan more or less since then.
    Today i rang kildare county council to see was i still on their housing list and was told that my case was closed as they had written to me at an old address and sure enough, got no reply, so they closed my application.
    This is what i have been dealing with for so long, and am determined they are NOT going to make me feel suicidal over this, but for anyone going through this process, be aware, they will say and do anything to try and shake down and limit the numbers on their lists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

Update. Having moved to a place i could afford out of my weekly budget by budgeting, i received application form for housing in the post from local council, and in the list of things to be included in the application, is :
    Written Confirmation from any Previous Application You May Have Made to Prove the Case is Closed.
    So that means i now am obliged to contact and chase and plead with Kildare County Council Housing Dept and wait for them to deign to furnish me with said written Confirmation.
    After the way they have treated me and my local td that i was recommended to ask for help, i would not like to live anywhere where i had any of the Kildare County Council Housing department staff in particular the two female members of staff i last spoke to, for neighbours.
    Of course everyone has redeeming qualities but these two girls were hiding them very very well.
    Thanks for reading, hope to have a more positive outcome and outlook after this. P.S.also, as a result of moving address, i lost my medical card as they sent a form requiring proof of address, and on tuesday , i broke my back tooth. Before that i found i had developed an infection that also required treatment.
    Because of the nature of my disease, i find it hard to face these things and deal with them until it all escalates from a minor niggle to a fullscale crisis.
    Again, thank you to this and previous governments for coming up with the notion that "most o those on disability sure theyre only fakin it, what they need is a good ol kick up the rear, a good dose of reality like what the rest of us have to put up with in the real world like. Ah hello Pat, will you have a pint? Ah go on, sure i know i must owe you a few from last time, barkeep, a few of your finest ales for myself and my good buddy here when you're ready," thanks guys. If this is your reality, i will have to say no thanks.

Update. Having moved to a place i could afford out of my weekly budget by budgeting, i received application form for housing in the post from local council, and in the list of things to be included in the application, is :
    Written Confirmation from any Previous Application You May Have Made to Prove the Case is Closed.
    So that means i now am obliged to contact and chase and plead with Kildare County Council Housing Dept and wait for them to deign to furnish me with said written Confirmation.
    After the way they have treated me and my local td that i was recommended to ask for help, i would not like to live anywhere where i had any of the Kildare County Council Housing department staff in particular the two female members of staff i last spoke to, for neighbours.
    Of course everyone has redeeming qualities but these two girls were hiding them very very well.
    Thanks for reading, hope to have a more positive outcome and outlook after this. P.S.also, as a result of moving address, i lost my medical card as they sent a form requiring proof of address, and on tuesday , i broke my back tooth. Before that i found i had developed an infection that also required treatment.
    Because of the nature of my disease, i find it hard to face these things and deal with them until it all escalates from a minor niggle to a fullscale crisis.
    Again, thank you to this and previous governments for coming up with the notion that "most o those on disability sure theyre only fakin it, what they need is a good ol kick up the rear, a good dose of reality like what the rest of us have to put up with in the real world like. Ah hello Pat, will you have a pint? Ah go on, sure i know i must owe you a few from last time, barkeep, a few of your finest ales for myself and my good buddy here when you're ready," thanks guys. If this is your reality, i will have to say no thanks.

Since my last post which I have tried to delete but somehow can't, things have changed for the better.

Having been homeless and at times not even having a car to live in, I have since been reinstated on the housing list for Kildare, and after repeatedly asking for my time before to be taken into account, it was really only thanks to the help I received from the social worker in Naas that means I have a roof over my head today. Hallelujah!
    Even though it was tough out there, it breaks my heart to see other people being forced into homelessness too who do not deserve to be , people who are just trying to live and survive with kids on a low income, or even those who are working.
    It's just not right.
    On my behalf she contacted the housing dept and kept in touch with me,
    It's people like her that make this world worth living in.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

This is excellent news, congratulations to you!

Advertisement