Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

100 days of Loungers happiness

Options
  • 26-02-2014 5:03pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by http://www.100happydays.com/ - this a thread for all of the #100daysofhappiness inspired social media posts, or if you wish, your own place to be happy.

What is it? (Shamelessly copied from the happy website)
    What?
    We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, isthe base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being.

71% of people tried to complete this challenge, but failed quoting lack of time as the main reason.These people simpy did not have time to be happy. Do you?
    How? Plain simple!
    every day submit a picture of what made you happy!

It can be anything from a meet-up with a friend to a very tasty cake in the nearby coffee place, from a feeling of being at home after a hard day to a favor you didto a stranger.

#100happyday challenge is for you - not for anyone else.
    It is not a happiness competition or a showing off contest. If you try to please / make others jealous via your pictures - you lose without even starting. Same goes for cheating.
    Why would I do that?

People successfully completing the challenge claimed to:
    - Start noticing what makes them happy every day;
    - Be in a better mood every day;
    - Start receiving more compliments from other people;
    - Realize how lucky they are to have the life they have;
    - Become more optimistic;
    - Fall in love during the challenge.

Even when the challenge is over the collected 100 happy moments can always remind you about the beauty of your life. For that, you can receive a little 100 page book with your 100 happy daysat the finish line of the challenge!

I'm starting the challenge on the 1st March. I'll be using my new, dedicated twitter page, @sullivlo, to share my happiness with the world.

My preview of happiness is this first tweet:
    #100DaysOfHappiness Preview: I just learned how to do a # and a € on my laptop. Three years later.

and my motivation to do it is:
    Motivation: To make a conscious effort to be happy and to make time every day to appreciate everything life has to offer #100daysofhappiness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

YAY! I started this a couple of das ago- i'm on day 3 now. And sure, might as well stick it up!

296156.jpg

This little guy (by the name of Twitch) never fails to cheer me up and make me happy. He's a long haired hamster and he's SOOOOOOO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I've signed up too. I decided I might as well start today! I'm hoping it'll be good for my mental health, which hasn't been the best of late.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I've signed up too. I decided I might as well start today! I'm hoping it'll be good for my mental health, which hasn't been the best of late.
    The more the merrier! I think the overall aim is to acknowledge happiness daily for 100 days, and then you won't have to make a conscious effort after a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I'm up for this! Gonna start on Saturday on my twitter @beautybrushup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I based an English class on a website similar to this idea called 365grateful.com which is a photo a day of the things for which you're grateful for 365 days. I'm going to start tomorrow. I think it's a brilliant idea.

• Advertisement

Imma start tomorrow :D

(Not sure why I don't just start it today but I like to be organised :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ellie_sun

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm starting the challenge on the 1st March. I'll be using my new, dedicated twitter page, @sullivlo, to share my happiness with the world.
    I'm up for this! Gonna start on Saturday on my twitter @beautybrushup :)

Just followed you both! I'm starting on tomorrow too, lasted 7 days last time. Got sick and couldn't manage to muster up any happiness for the tissues! I'm @thewholeworldis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think the fact that people don't finish the 100 days is misrepresented. Surely people don't have time to register the happy moment, rather than they don't have time to be happy. :confused:

I guess it can be good for people to focus on the good times rather than be negative, and maybe I'm lucky that I can't think of the last time I was unhappy! :)

Malari wrote: »
    I think the fact that people don't finish the 100 days is misrepresented. Surely people don't have time to register the happy moment, rather than they don't have time to be happy. :confused:

I guess it can be good for people to focus on the good times rather than be negative, and maybe I'm lucky that I can't think of the last time I was unhappy! :)

But half the battle is noticing when you are happy, really acknowledging it. Its also about what makes you happy, as opposed to happiness being the absence of unhappiness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

First photo taken of me fella. Going to carry my camera (just a normal compact one) about from now on so I can snap on the go. My head was racing with all the things I would include.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Okay. For me, the challenge begins today. I could be lame and post the photo of the screenshot of my phone this morning when I realised it was Saturday and I didn't have to get up, but I can be more creative I'm sure ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I'm starting today. My instagram is filawless

Ok I'm not really good with the whole social networking thing, is Instagram like Twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I'm going to do my own version - I bought a new notebook yesterday (I LOVE stationery) and I'm going to note down one thing that made me laugh, one that made me smile and one thing I achieved/am proud of every day.

Ok I'm not really good with the whole social networking thing, is Instagram like Twitter?

Instagram is like twitter for photos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

What b and c said. I can't cope with Twitter, everytime I log in I get overwhelmed by all the tweets. Instagram is just photos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've followed the Twitter accounts mentioned in here (in case ye were wondering who just followed ye.)

I'm not doing this though. I think my happiness is to delicate to be aiming for 100 days, but I'll still be cheering the people who are doing it on.

I've just posted the first thing that made me happy.

5 litre bottles of franks hot sauce. For the fattie in me :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I took a picture of a squirrel while I was out jogging this morning. I love squirrels!

squirrel-up-dog-gif.gif

I've set up a twitter account with my boards username if anyone wants to follow it, seemed easier than instagram!

(EDIT - I wasn't sure if I should post the picture here, because other people don't seem to be?)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I started mine yesterday but I'm just writing in a notebook as I think it's private. Yesterday's was a lovely gem of schadenfreude, for example, which I don't think everyone would appreciate. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I've followed the twitter names on here (I'm not on Instagram). I'm @snugglor

I've two days done but it's the weekend so it's easy. Going to work and keeping it up will be a challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

This made me really happy this morning (I am, inexplicably, a Cumberperson):

l9xfTTK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I've decided to start this today and make a Pinterest board for it http://www.pinterest.com/dutchesslinda/100-happy-days/
    I'll probably Tweet the individual submissions as well. @dutchesslinda is me.

Finally started!

Only because I got a pressie in the post delivered to my desk. I'd marry her if she had a willy <3

1898235_10152382486190984_368555189_n.jpg

I'm @whoopsadaisies on the twitter box

Awkward question, you mean marrying the person, not the teddy, right? :)

Weeeellllllllll

It's a very cute teddy :P

Yes sorry! My friend who showered me with little gifts for no reason whatsoever :)

That would make me happy too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Aahh, forgot to send one in yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm doing this too! I've followed all the Twitter peeps :) I'm @dolmeeo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ellie_sun

Just started today on twitter. Am determined to make it to 100!

Advertisement