Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Sully wrote: »
    Back to reality today. Much slower.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3188752922

What package are u on , I'm on 19mb , goes from .25-14mb , Eircom will blame it on everything outside the exchange, they waste hours on the phone with them and send an engineer out to test
    Nothing will work outside of comreg getting a lot of commplaints about the same exchange or ISPs , they r going to drag it out for as long as they can coz 90% of people probably can't arsed or think their computer is slow
    Sure six months have gone by already

Back to reality today. Much slower.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3188752922

What package are u on , I'm on 19mb , goes from .25-14mb , Eircom will blame it on everything outside the exchange, they waste hours on the phone with them and send an engineer out to test
    Nothing will work outside of comreg getting a lot of commplaints about the same exchange or ISPs , they r going to drag it out for as long as they can coz 90% of people probably can't arsed or think their computer is slow

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

rasper wrote: »

Up to 24mb, line tests at 12mb. I had this problem before and I had to have speed tests to prove the problem. I'm with UTV so I will report the fault knowing it has to be repaired within 3 days before other areas kick in such as line rental refunds and going to comreg.

I know my line is capable of faster speeds, I can prove that and I know I wont get 24 and ill get a bit below 12 but 2 is completely taking the mick and indicates a fault somewhere.

That information, I hope, will cover me against being told of 'up to' speeds. Besides the techs that call out here in Tramore are decent blokes so I can't forsee them fobing me off. They always fixed any problems I have had and called up to do so.

No doubts the decent but they have to do and say what their employers tell them to say , like every job

Just don't think anyone should think its a big deal , the isp will see u have a problem , don't listen to the waffle on the trouble shooting , just get complaint in with comreg asap , and btw i have not paid line rental in six months as has been waived

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No doubts the decent but they have to do and say what their employers tell them to say , like every job

Just don't think anyone should think its a big deal , the isp will see u have a problem , don't listen to the waffle on the trouble shooting , just get complaint in with comreg asap , and btw i have not paid line rental in six months as has been waived

I'll be calling in the fault when tech support is open. Speeds dropped again this evening. Disappointing. I just want to ensure all boxes are ticked before I do the Comreg complaint.

If enough people get line rental refunded, I suspect eircom will act quicker but I wonder will it be to get the fibre launched.

• Advertisement

Good to hear and I hope everyone who reads this does the same , when I told comreg , Eircom and sky about this forum about the tramore exchange, I got a much different response that all the other times.
    Coz its seems to be everyone regardless of their package or isp , only wish it was started earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Good to hear and I hope everyone who reads this does the same , when I told comreg , Eircom and sky about this forum about the tramore exchange, I got a much different response that all the other times.
    Coz its seems to be everyone regardless of their package or isp , only wish it was started earlier

I would have started the thread a bit earlier but I didn't really want to say anything until I was rather sure there was an issue. Being Irish I suppose we don't always complain until we are truly fed up with something. Am really hoping all these complaints going in will lead to the regulator ensuring that Eircom Wholesale rectify the exchange issue

I would have started the thread a bit earlier but I didn't really want to say anything until I was rather sure there was an issue. Being Irish I suppose we don't always complain until we are truly fed up with something. Am really hoping all these complaints going in will lead to the regulator ensuring that Eircom Wholesale rectify the exchange issue

Actually, well done for starting it on first place , I and most never realised it was tramore wide and how would we when every professional made out oh its only u that's complaining , there is no issue at all.
    Total abuse of the placid Irish nature
    , and its that abuse that has the country the way it is across all avenues , I noticed the issue in June and Eircom have been out four Times , was going to start looking at dropping DSL altogether and just using 3g / 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

3193617858.png

I dread to see what type of results my xbox will show if i test that. This was done via ethernet cable. Soon as the new year comes in I'll be contacting ComReg to see where abouts they are with my complaint. Started the ball rolling in my mothers house too with eircon after i lodged a couple of complaints. ComReg will also get a call on her behalf also.

Would a group on FaceBook be of better help to us lads? Boards is popular but with a group on facebook informing people of the issue in tramore and to encourage people to report it. The more that do,surely eircon will be quicker to act with a lot of reports breathing down they're necks?

DaveC85 wrote: »
    3193617858.png

I dread to see what type of results my xbox will show if i test that. This was done via ethernet cable. Soon as the new year comes in I'll be contacting ComReg to see where abouts they are with my complaint. Started the ball rolling in my mothers house too with eircon after i lodged a couple of complaints. ComReg will also get a call on her behalf also.

Would a group on FaceBook be of better help to us lads? Boards is popular but with a group on facebook informing people of the issue in tramore and to encourage people to report it. The more that do,surely eircon will be quicker to act with a lot of reports breathing down they're necks?

Anything worth a try , I'm amazed that a company like eircom , with so many other companies involved Vodafone , ITV etc
    Could constantly tell me their is no problems when all over tramore, there is , so yes the more aware people are the better.
    It really has made me a lot more mistrustful off all companies and over the last week. I cancelled all my direct debits and going to pay everyone by bank transfer instead

• Advertisement

This is just blood-boilingly maddening!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3195667829.png

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Actually is anyone reading this getting s relatively consistent decent speed ,
    Anyone at all or is entire population of 10k on s###e speed
    I always got an even 7mb on an 8mb package until June

3197815663.png

My speeds tonight :( I was with vodafone up untill sept and didn't notice any problems really up untill then aside from my broadband cutting out for no good reason for a day or two. A sync issue they said it was.

When i switched my ping jumped from 40/50's to 80/90's the whole time. And then this whole congestion issue started to ruin everything

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

3198636071.png

My speedtest now (10.30 am Tuesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

Actually is anyone reading this getting s relatively consistent decent speed ,
    Anyone at all or is entire population of 10k on s###e speed
    I always got an even 7mb on an 8mb package until June

I normally get between 4-5mb down on a 8mb line, after the lightning strike it kept cutting out, called eircom they said they'll look into it, they called back an hour later and said an engineer replaced a damaged part in the exchange and it should all be back to normal, since then its been back to its usual 4-5mb with no further issues.
    My family in Tramore like myself only had issues on that one day then back to their normal speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Last Night I got the following

Ping: 1368 DL: 0.49 UL: 0.35

This morning it was back to

Ping: 70 DL: 2.56 UL: 0.36

I spoke to Tech Support at UTV and they told me my line is fine and that they have had no complaints about the service!! Tried to suggest that my upload recently of 2GB (to Dropbox) would have slowed the download - gotta love Indian Tech Support!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

I have just received ref number from comreg and have emailled my complaint to eircom.
    Please can all people with slow speeds contact comreg and see can we get this problem sorted.

Spoke with UTV, probably the same guy as scout as he had an Indian accent. Line test OK, asked me to test speeds directly connected to Ethernet (which I am), then said he will drop my profile and asked me to monitor that for a couple of days and if I still have issues then unscrew the master socket and connect to the test port underneath the face of the socket and try that for a few days. Still have a problem, send in the screenshots and they will report it to the engineers.

Explained about widespread issues but he still said I need to do these tests before he can do anything, so I will give it a go anyway.

• Advertisement

Spoke with UTV, probably the same guy as scout as he had an Indian accent. Line test OK, asked me to test speeds directly connected to Ethernet (which I am), then said he will drop my profile and asked me to monitor that for a couple of days and if I still have issues then unscrew the master socket and connect to the test port underneath the face of the socket and try that for a few days. Still have a problem, send in the screenshots and they will report it to the engineers.

Explained about widespread issues but he still said I need to do these tests before he can do anything, so I will give it a go anyway.

Usual waffling from them , oh theres no problem at all just u , in the hope u just give up

Usual waffling from them , oh theres no problem at all just u , in the hope u just give up

Not giving up. Good speeds yesterday afternoon, poor speeds this evening. Will take another day of testing before moving onto the final stage of testing they asked me to do.

Prime time usage... I can barely load pages here and I'm the only one using the net in my residence

3201436266.png

5.88mb today and 1.90 when I tested yesterday.

Called UTV but their tech support agents are all too busy, so I spoke with someone in Admin who was unsure but did say that the speeds will slow down at peak times but he will ask tech support to give a call back tomorrow.

Called UTV. After numerous setting changes on the router, running a speed test on magnet's app, restarting the router a few times plus the PC and allowing him remote login to check various things - they have submitted it to the engineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

3205656653.png

3205747336.png

Two results from this evening. I am in Tramore. Not great results but apparently better than a lot of people are getting.

Managed to score myself 2 months free line rental from eircom. It's not an issue that they are going to resolve on account of the cost. The exchange will need to get an upgrade and with e-fibre to be rolled out they're just going to stall until then when we can all upgrade to that instead.

So sadly for the next month we are going to have to endure poor nightly speeds until we get the fibre sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Any way we can all get this discount? Or will we have to all go through the 101 Tech Support line checks

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    Any way we can all get this discount? Or will we have to all go through the 101 Tech Support line checks

Gotta go make your complaint first, which can't be done until tech support go through the works. The line rental discount is only given if a fault isn't repaired. :)

• Advertisement

I went through the usual tech support channels but I've been onto them on a near second day basis.

I also explained to them that I understood that it might not be cost effective for them to repair the exchange but at the same time it wouldn't be cost effective for me to pay 100% of the service charge when i'm getting at best 10% of the service at the time when its of actual use to me.

I didn't lose my cool with the rep at all cause at the end of the day that person can't push a button to make it better,the guy understood that it's incredibly annoying and the discount was a good will gesture. It won't fix the problem or make me not want to smash the router to pieces at the best of times but at least I won't be completely paying for a poor service.

Advertisement