Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freephone Sky Ireland Number

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

I just rang off my vodafone mobile and got put tru to cork call center and was finished in 5 minutes.

I had to ring a second time and that was quicker first to cancel HD sub he tried to offer me it for 7.50 for next 12 months second to add an extra mix and both times was easy a first with sky lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

I wonder how long it will take them to disconnect it :(. Hopefully not soon, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

The 1800 812 040 number still works today, rang it using Eircom landline. Got the number from this website today too...http://www.saynoto1890.com/

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Would it be cheaper to ring the 0800(0800 046 6432) number off saynoto0870 from Ireland rather than the 0818 number?

You would dial 0044 800 046 6432 I think.

You would get charged an international non-geo charge, defo not cheaper !

You are talking over 40 cent a minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

mumof2 wrote: »
    The 1800 812 040 number still works today, rang it using Eircom landline. Got the number from this website today too...http://www.saynoto1890.com/

`still works thank god!

thanks a mill for posting these numbers up guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fishermanfred

hi in response to your query about skt tv in uk here is a number that you can use to phone any number in uk for 1c per min you have to register first i have used this for the last 7 years and find it fantastic. you can ring anywhere in the world with this number with very little cost The nuber is 13434 you have to register first at 13434.ie have happy talking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

hi in response to your query about skt tv in uk here is a number that you can use to phone any number in uk for 1c per min you have to register first i have used this for the last 7 years and find it fantastic. you can ring anywhere in the world with this number with very little cost The nuber is 13434 you have to register first at 13434.ie have happy talking

unreal!!!!!!!! thank you so much sir!!:D

thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Cheers
    still up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

you cant pay your bill through this number tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not working now, just get the message asking you to redial to alternative number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I just called 0214580920 posted earlier on this thread, I got through to a human being (in cork) straight away (!) who seemed to work in something called sky direct. No probs though he put me through to customer services in Cork, less than 5 minutes, knocked two packages off my subscription, no hard sell and no hassle. Cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bedstuybosco

fifib wrote: »
    you cant pay your bill through this number tho :(

not working anymore ....

Anybody got any new freephone or even irish landline number .... ???

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

try this number 0818 719861, select the options for being an installer, you very rarely get put on hold or if u do not for very long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

0818 is very expensive to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gun8844

Just got another number from sky customer service 08442414141 , which he said , is the best option available.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

Best for what?
    That's a special rate UK number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭zg3409

That's not a freephone number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Incompl

Cheapest way to wrong these now?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Incompl wrote: »
    Cheapest way to wrong these now?

As posted a few pages back this is the cheapest option to call Sky, using any of their numbers starting with 0044 . . .

Register with this site:

http://13434.ie/index2.php

Only 1 cent per minute to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

As posted a few pages back this is the cheapest option to call Sky, using any of their numbers starting with 0044 . . .

Only 1 cent per minute to call.

cost.png

It's can be 10c a minute, it depends on which 0044 number you are dialling.

• Advertisement

MarkK wrote: »
    cost.png

If you ring 00448xxxxx you will pay through the nose from Ireland !

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

cost.png

Well at 35 cent per minute to call their 0818 number, 10 cent is a third the cost so it still makes more sense to use this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Well at 35 cent per minute to call their 0818 number, 10 cent is a third the cost so it still makes more sense to use this option.
    It's about 5c per minute to call SKY's 0818 number on a landline. I had three calls to them last month.

cost.png

10 cent is for national traffic

The number is a UK non-geographic so you are gonna pay big access charges to call it, I have seen 35 - 40 cent per minute before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

fat-tony wrote: »
    It's about 5c per minute to call SKY's 0818 number on a landline. I had three calls to them last month.

Is this the cheapest way to call sky now so?

Is that with Eircom?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

No - it's their published 0818 number. Without an actual geographic number (01 - Dublin, 021 - Cork etc.) you couldn't get a call using free minutes on a price plan. Price was with Vodafone, but I'd imagine eircom charges are similar. Mobile charges will undoubtedly be higher. I don't know where @Guru Maith Agut(sic) got his/her 35c/min price from - maybe mobile?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

• SKY TV Customer Service
      • 0818719852 Call Instead – 0044844241152200 or 00441506831609 (this is a UK number, so use on Skype or if you have UK minutes bundles)
      • Or Try to Call Instead – 1800812040
    This is from http://www.saynoto1890.com

Do not know how valid it is, but worth a try. The red number is a geographic number if you have free UK numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 profchaos

After much searching and no real solution to finding a local number. Found a neat trick myself by fluke.
    If you go to the Golden Pages website and search for Sky you'll see the sky ireland link, if you click in you'll see some details and there's a Free Call option down at the bottom of the page, hit the link type in your number and they call you and patch you through directly
    Here's a direct link to the page

skyireland.goldenpages.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement