Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clonsilla.

Options
  • 31-01-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Wondering if I could get some info on the areas of Hazelwood Court, Huntstown and Lohunda areas of Clonsilla.

House look good value there at the minute but unsure on the area. Is it a nice area to live and safe?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP, I've deleted your posts in Accommodation & Property and Dublin City (please don't post the same thing across multiple forums), and moved this thread from DCN to D15, where it's more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Lohunda is fine. Don't know the other estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

There grand close to everything

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

Hazelwood court and Lohunda would be fairly quiet estates. I don't know about huntstown. They're also very close to shops, schools etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Hazelwood court and Lohunda would be fairly quiet estates. I don't know about huntstown. They're also very close to shops, schools etc

Clonsilla is large area - but I dont know of any problems with any of it either.

You could check with the Garda station for exact figures - which places to avoid etc.
    Or there is an online Crime Hotspot map here that might help (if you can get by the registration pages....)

http://airo.ie/news/airo-crime-mapping-toolkit

there is another thread I started here with maps containing lots of this kind of information that show how safe and quiet the areas really are..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78633561

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 davidod2012

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend are looking at renting in the Clonsilla/Carpenterstown/Blanchardstown/Castleknock area. We would like some advice on the area. Is it nice/safe/quiet?

The train line to the city is one of the main attractions to us.

Has anyone any experience with living in the Windmill Terrace area? if so would you like to shed some light on what it is like?

Thanks a million for the advice in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Korrent

Hi all,

Does anyone live in St Mochtas estate? Is it quite and safe? Can you please tell me pros and cons of living there?

Thanks
    Korrent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Korrent wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone live in St Mochtas estate? Is it quite and safe? Can you please tell me pros and cons of living there?

Thanks
    Korrent

I find it very quiet and safe. Our neighbours mostly have young families, we've never had any trouble at all. It's less than a ten minute walk to the train station, even less than that to the nearest bus stop. Lots of creches very close by. Less than fifteen minute walk to Blanch shopping centre, ten minutes to Tesco. (We don't have a car, so it's brilliant to be within walking distance of everything!) Honestly I can't give any cons ... other than the fact that the crime rate in D15 is supposedly high in general. I haven't heard of much happening in St Mochtas though!

Thanks for your reply! The fact that is close to the train station and crèches is surely an advantage! Do you know also how old the houses in estate are ?
    Are you renting or you own your place. We r thinking of buying in clonsilla and we are having a look around at the estates closer to the clonsilla road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Korrent wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply! The fact that is close to the train station and crèches is surely an advantage! Do you know also how old the houses in estate are ?
    Are you renting or you own your place. We r thinking of buying in clonsilla and we are having a look around at the estates closer to the clonsilla road

I'm not sure how old the houses are, sorry!

We're renting, but if we were considering buying, I'd be completely happy to buy the house we're in.

It's definitely worth keeping in mind that, while the address is Clonsilla, it's a bit away from the village itself.

• Advertisement

Thanks again much appreciated

Advertisement