Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eaglemoss

Options
  • 01-09-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

What do people think of all the eaglemoss collections?

You've probably see the ads for the Doctor Who & Star Trek on the telly at the moment, they have a good lot of comic collectibles

At the moment I am subscribed to Marvel Fact Files, it gives a 20 odd page tear out booklet every week to store in ring binders giving you the history of the Marvel characters.

The collection is ok I guess, the subscriber gifts make it worth while. In the end it will make a very good collection for yourself or if you young kids who would have an interested in the characters.

The gifts for subscribers are big enough figurines of Iron Man & Spider-Man (Wolverine & Doctor Doom statues have been released as special issues), a Fantastic 4 tin cover, marvel calender & t-shirt.

The first I heard of eaglemoss was the Marvel Figuring Collection a few years back. I got the Spider-Man issue 1 but never continued (I don't know why) and recently started collecting them off ebay. These magazines are very informative about the history of each character and find them very good (only have major characters so far). Each magazine comes with a 4" figurine and there are specials and super specials of bigger characters.

They also have done DC in these and currently running a DC Chess set (a Marvel one is on trail in France) and a batmobile collection.

So does any other comic fans collect any of these and what do you think of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I picked up some odd DC Super Hero Collection figs, the painting can be naff but the sculpts are fantastic and the factfiles very well researched. Shame it's gone under since, guess Marvel's just that more popular in the UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

I collect marvel factfiles myself, love the series, but I have a problem with how they deliver their subscriptions. They are just wrapped in plastic - now this is fine for the times when they send the bare issues, but I have yet to receive a binder or gift that has not been damaged due to there being no padding in the way they send their stuff.

To date I have had two binders, both damaged but usable. a fantastic four commemorative tin plate which was warped, but again usable and a wolverine statue with one of the claws broken (which I am currently fighting to get replaced).

There is a Doctor doom special which should be winging its way to me this month, I wonder what state it will be in!

In fairness to them though, I did not receive issues 4-7, and though it took a few emails and a lot of patience, I was eventually sent the missing issues again. They are following the same route with the wolverine statue, so as long as the replacement isn't broken, I'll be happy.

I like the collections but the price is a little over the top. Much as I love the Batmobiles collection I simply can't justify 15 euro every two weeks for one. The Dr. Who ones look good but the paint job is half assed and on my one there's sections which are just coated with a base coat and no detail painted on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

LuvSpudz wrote: »
    I collect marvel factfiles myself, love the series, but I have a problem with how they deliver their subscriptions. They are just wrapped in plastic - now this is fine for the times when they send the bare issues, but I have yet to receive a binder or gift that has not been damaged due to there being no padding in the way they send their stuff.

To date I have had two binders, both damaged but usable. a fantastic four commemorative tin plate which was warped, but again usable and a wolverine statue with one of the claws broken (which I am currently fighting to get replaced).

There is a Doctor doom special which should be winging its way to me this month, I wonder what state it will be in!

In fairness to them though, I did not receive issues 4-7, and though it took a few emails and a lot of patience, I was eventually sent the missing issues again. They are following the same route with the wolverine statue, so as long as the replacement isn't broken, I'll be happy.

The Doom statue has an outstretched hand, expect broken fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Thwip! wrote: »
    The Doom statue has an outstretched hand, expect broken fingers

Wonderful! Can't wait :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

this has been given the green light:

http://marvel-chess.com/

The "exclusive" subscription looks decent, 8 extra characters for €1.50 extra per issue.

Anyone collect the DC version and/or looking at collecting this??

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Hi!
    Is there anyone that can help me into finding LOTR first edition chess board?
    I have the full collection of pieces plus the special boxes bought when it came out at Easons , I think more than 10 years ago, but I failed to get the board as I was away.
    I found one last year on e-bay but I was outbid on the very last second :(
    Any help will be appreciate it.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

snams wrote: »
    Hi!
    Is there anyone that can help me into finding LOTR first edition chess board?
    I have the full collection of pieces plus the special boxes bought when it came out at Easons , I think more than 10 years ago, but I failed to get the board as I was away.
    I found one last year on e-bay but I was outbid on the very last second :(
    Any help will be appreciate it.
    Thanks!

I know your post is a few months old but just flicking through old threads.

Is this the one?: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lord-of-the-Rings-LOTR-Hardback-Series-1-CHESS-BOARD-/172068660730?hash=item28101765fa:g:1LgAAOSwoydWnjfH

Advertisement