Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Modem Advice

Options
  • 27-01-2016 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭

Hi i have just brought a computer for my son ,so connected to modem using a ethernet cable, now my other connections have always shower a green light on modem eg, connection 1 , 2 green etc.. now the connection to the new computer on the modem is showing blue ? have tried switching connections but what ever the new computer is connected too the light shows up blue on modem. any one know why?
    Computer is running windows 10 with a permanet modem. thks.

Comments

Are you getting connected to the internet?????

Sometimes on routers, the colours indicate different speeds the devices are connected on the port, e.g., 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps.

Advertisement