Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jersey Shore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

So this season is over. I think it was definitely the worst one yet. The most exciting thing about the first two seasons was them being normal, now you can tell they view themselves as celebrities.

Snooki and Deena...the way they acted in Italy is so embarrassing. When they went home after a night of drinking and got dressed to go out drinking again (at breakfast time) I was actually cringing. They looked like hookers. I think Snooki actually shouted "we're not hookers" at one point...and they were swinging around poles, how did they think that looked to other people? When the priest told Snooki to cover up...I know she has a right to wear what she wants but in fairness she wasn't in Jersey anymore and she was dressed like she was going to a nightclub in the middle of the day, outside his church. Her attitude towards him was horrible. She was so OTT and defensive about hooking up with Mike that it was painfully obvious that she did. Deenas obsession with Pauly makes her look desperate, he has no interest in her when hes sober or drunk and she won't take the hint.

Vinny has become very full of himself since season 1/2 but hes still not the worst of them. A little bit too cocky/smug at times but still watchable. His ~bromance~ with Pauly D is gone too far. Their remarks/jokes used to be funny but now they're so forced.

Sammi and Ronnie...never thought i'd like them as much as I do now! They were annoying at the beginning of the season with the crazy fights but i'd actually rather watch them fight than Snooki/Deena getting drunk and flashing their parts to randomers.

Jenni..she was probably my favorite all season. You can see how fed up she is of Snooki and I don't blame her. Snooki called her a bad friend on the aftershow catchup thing, I don't see how Jen was a bad friend considering she spent most of her nights out watching over Snooks and then chasing Jionni around Florence in the middle of the night because Snooki couldn't keep her arse in her dress and pissed him off.

Not too excited for season 5 although i'm sure i'll watch it. They filmed it back-to-back with the current one, so theres obviously going to be lots of tension when they get back to Jersey. Sometimes people just need personal space. I see lots of ~drama~ in the next season. What I am excited for is MTV replacing them with a fresh cast for season 6, if rumors are true. It will be nice to have real people on it again rather than current "celebrities" (even though its likely they'll reach the same status in time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

dont think ill watch it with the new cast, thats why i loved it, the characters! esp early mvp

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

So the Situation has now released a book!!
    Here's the Situation: A Guide to Creeping on Chicks, Avoiding Grenades, and Getting in Your GTL on the Jersey Shore

Have seen some of the quotes from it and I have to say I dont know if its serious or not.

Couple of funnies:
    SITCH AB FACT: My abs actually played the part of Vinny for the entire third episode of Jersey Shore: Season One. My abs are such good actors, no one noticed.
    It’s a little-known fact that I donate all my gym sweat. Several eco-forward companies are trying to develop it as a sustainable fuel source for green energy. In certain circles, it sells for a princely sum per ounce as a premium bronzer (all proceeds going to charity, of course). And in the Far East—I mean, even farther east than East Orange, New Jersey—it is revered as a powerful aphrodisiac when applied topically or ingested orally (the latter being not for the faint of heart). Read more about my charitable contributions in Chapter Eleven: Giving Back.

I'm guessing he didn't write it by himself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

I'm guessing he didn't write it by himself lol

and I'm guessing he can't read it by himself. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Kassandra Harsh Jock

Back on Thursday night in the US! :D
    Looking like an interesting season too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

First episode was only ok. Other than Snooki and The Unit in the bar nothing else really exciting happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I liked the episode. Think it should be a bit better now they're back on home turf. I found Italy to be terrible at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Didn't even know they were still making this, I think it jumped the shark a while ago.

Opinions on best series? I thought 1 and 2 were the best.

The Unit + The Situation = The Unification !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Is that Unit guy in it for good now? Seems like a douche

hope not
    such a shame vinnys leaving :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Kassandra Harsh Jock

Couldn't be more obvious that Snooki rode The Situation, imo. She's pissing me off already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Everything on this show is so staged.

Everything on this show is so staged.
    disagree, situations are set up such as having the unit stay over which they know will cause controversy but it's not scripted you can tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

disagree, situations are set up such as having the unit stay over which they know will cause controversy but it's not scripted you can tell

It may not be scripted in the sense that they're told exactly what to say, but they're definitely told to do things that will stir things up.

hope not
    such a shame vinnys leaving :(
    He comes back :D

He comes back :D
    woop! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It may not be scripted in the sense that they're told exactly what to say, but they're definitely told to do things that will stir things up.

Agree, I mean it's naive to think it's not scripted to a point, and easy to forget that while we are watching there is a camera in the faces of these people, and who could miss that in real life where most people would say "Oh better watch what I say on camera" . Not as scripted as say "the hills" but MTV / Producers are pulling strings otherwise nothing would happen to make it worth watching.

last nights episode was a tearjerker! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

'I wish I knew how to make him happy'
    Pauly and Vinny could not be more in love

that Paula is hawt!!

LOL MIKE

"I don't know if you know anything about cancers but they're very sensitive people"

lol mikes proper mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Just watched episode 5,
    I think they are acting so badly towards Mike, makes for very uncomfortable viewing.

I actually think out of all of them that Vinny in particular shouldn't be joining in the ganging up on Mike.

Vinny's just back from leaving the house due to his anxiety, I suffered from depression and social anxiety myself in the past and I find myself full of empathy for anyone in a similar situation, I would never fuel someones paranoia the way the others are doing and Vinny having suffered anxiety himself should definitely be more understanding towards Mike.

Mike is sick of the situation he's in in the house, Snooki tells him to stick up for himself, he went to the others, said he was willing to sort out the problems with everyone if they could tell him what the issues are, they pretend everything is normal and he's now convinced Snooki just did it to make him paranoid, the guys have caused this situation now by not telling him what the problem is, it's really pathetic, they've really turned into a horrible group of people.

Tayla wrote: »
    Just watched episode 5,
    I think they are acting so badly towards Mike, makes for very uncomfortable viewing.

I actually think out of all of them that Vinny in particular shouldn't be joining in the ganging up on Mike.

Vinny's just back from leaving the house due to his anxiety, I suffered from depression and social anxiety myself in the past and I find myself full of empathy for anyone in a similar situation, I would never fuel someones paranoia the way the others are doing and Vinny having suffered anxiety himself should definitely be more understanding towards Mike.

Mike is sick of the situation he's in in the house, Snooki tells him to stick up for himself, he went to the others, said he was willing to sort out the problems with everyone if they could tell him what the issues are, they pretend everything is normal and he's now convinced Snooki just did it to make him paranoid, the guys have caused this situation now by not telling him what the problem is, it's really pathetic, they've really turned into a horrible group of people.

are you for real?? they have no issue with mike apart from him being crazy paranoid about an issue which they dont have but now they do because hes creating it!! all he needs to do is chill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

are you for real?? they have no issue with mike apart from him being crazy paranoid about an issue which they dont have but now they do because hes creating it!! all he needs to do is chill

Yes I am for real and anyone who watches the show should easily see whats going on, how the hell can you say they have no issue with him :confused: It couldn't be any more obvious that they have an issue with him, it's been obvious since the last series in Italy, they talk and bitch about him all the time, they did it to Sam last year too and she ended up being the one who apologized even though they all treated her horribly.

Mike said to them "what's the problem and can we sort it" because he's being alienated, ignored and bitched about....they said there was no problem and fueled the paranoia.

They should have manned up and said "we don't like this or that about you and we're willing to sort it out or else we're not willing to sort it out and then Mike would have known where he stood.

As it is, he now doesn't know where he stands at all, of course he's paranoid, he was obviously feeling the hate and the exclusion and then Snooki told him to confront the boys and stand up for himself which he then tried to do. Wouldn't anyone be paranoid in that situation?

It's not real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Snooks and Jenni are publicly wondering about Situation's sexuality.
    In an interview with the Huffington Post, Snooki and pal J-Woww got candid about their castmate's questionable sexuality, mentioning "his posture and the way he holds his cigarettes" as indicators that he may be gay.

"I can't confirm or deny with Mike, but if he was, it would all make sense," J-Woww mused.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/jersey-shore-star-snooki-considers-bisexual-mike-situation-sorrentino-gay-article-1.1019082?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

is this show on MTV in the UK?
    anywhere to watch it online?

Advertisement