Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full time student getting grant eligible for free or reduced price driving lessons?

• 26-01-2015 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I know there are schemes you can go through when you are obtaining job seekers allowance like Vtos or Fas where you can get driving lessons paid for but im wondering is there anything for a full time student with low income obtaining a susi grant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I know there are schemes you can go through when you are obtaining job seekers allowance like Vtos or Fas where you can get driving lessons paid for but im wondering is there anything for a full time student with low income obtaining a susi grant?

I have never heard of anything for either Students or people in receipt of such payments.

FAS do provide courses for professional drivers (HGV) but most driving schools are private companies or self employed people and only offer a student rate.

Do you have a link to the information regarding people on VTOS and FAS payments getting such lessons?

Advertisement