Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

€19.99 is a rip off to be honest.

I am paying €12.99 a month and have been since October,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

kooga wrote: »
    I am paying €12.99 a month and have been since October,

Yeah that's the promotional price they'll give you, so it'll not feel as bad as €19.99, but after noticing them games listed only 4 i'd be interested in really, so not enough to keep me on.

Gonna ring up after the 28th, cos they're difficult to get off the phone it'll probably the 31st i'll get off the phone with them :D as they'll get their money off me on the call charges!

As the last time i was with them, it almost felt like i had to spell out that i had a terminal illness when being offered a reduced 3mth offer, & i wont be around for 2 of them :P

Here's hoping i dont get the same person again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

I signed up with a Money Card - which has only €1 on it now.

So - if they want to drag me to January so as to charge me €19.99 - well good luck to them getting paid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Just called to cancel, (call centre opens at 9.30). Got straight through, lady asked why I was canceling, said I never saw any games, you know the Its not you, its me excuse.
    Anyway she then offered it at €12.99 per month, still I said no.
    Then she says," Oh I see another offer coming up on your account at €9.99 per month for Jan, Feb and March.
    She did say to make sure I cancelled at the end of the month, ie, cancel the end of Feb, they will take a payment for march and cancel at the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just cancelled as there's no more Liverpool games on and I'm not interested in Utd. Straight through, offered the 12.99 deal for 2 months to stay but declined. The whole process took 4.05 minutes.
    Fair play to Setanta for this offer. As I told the operator, for Eur 5 per month, I'd have stayed but 20 is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

What number do you phone to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Son0vagun wrote: »
    What number do you phone to cancel?

It's on their site,best to wait until Monday as there's games on tomorrow & Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

What info do you need to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

I rang to cancel. Got offered the 12.99 deal. Asked him would they do it for €10. After asking his boss he said they would do €9.99 per month for 3 months. I took that as I watch a lot of college football, UFC and soccer if course. Happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

......Straight through, offered the 12.99 deal for 2 months to stay but declined. The whole process took 4.05 minutes.......

Werid, exactly the same here , 4 minutes 5 seconds!!!!!

Number is 0818 203 040

• Advertisement

Cheers for reminding me to ring them,I was already on a discounted deal so rang to extend it.Offered 2 months for €12.99 so I asked about 3 months & got it for €9.99.

For around 30c a day you can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

zerks wrote: »
    Cheers for reminding me to ring them,I was already on a discounted deal so rang to extend it.Offered 2 months for €12.99 so I asked about 3 months & got it for €9.99.

For around 30c a day you can't complain.

Do you get charged the €9.99 for December too if you extend?

Do you get charged the €9.99 for December too if you extend?

I was paying €12.99 for the last few months & it was due to expire next week,rang this morning & my bill for Jan,Feb & March is €9.99 a month.

Many people I know are forgoing Sky Sports & getting Setanta instead, €34 a month for Sky on top of whatever package you also need to get is proving a bit much whereas with Setanta/BT you can just pay for the Sports as a standalone and they are always willing to offer some kind of deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Got the 9.99 a month deal for 3 months well worth it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Same here rang to cancel offered 12.99 a month for two months, said no then offered 9.99 a month for three months. Hard to complain about about that so I said yes.

Will see what the next offer is at the end of Febuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

First time i've ever called Setanta and wasn't asked 20 questions why I was cancelling and not offered deals to stay. Took about 40 seconds, said I would only be charged a euro. Maybe they have managed to keep enough people subscribed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Anyone know the actual landline no. of Setanta? Saynoto1890 mentions 048 and 028 numbers. Are these correct?

Anyone know the actual landline no. of Setanta? Saynoto1890 mentions 048 and 028 numbers. Are these correct?

It's a Socttish call centre you are ringing not and Irish one. So no Irish landline numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

€10 for three months happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Sikpupi

€10 for three months happy days

Is that equivilant to €3.33 a month??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

€10 a month for 3 months!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

What stations are included for €9.99 a month

Umpalumpa wrote: »

Setanta Ireland, Setanta Sports1. BT1, BT2, ESPN. the last three are in HD as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

see the first post in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just signed up that offer as well,nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sterling10

Got the 9.99 offer also. Thanks. What else is there to be doing in Jan, Feb, March?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Sikpupi

But even at €9.99 - is it worth it for 5 channels which (just my opinion!) has limited content to a soccer fan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Sikpupi wrote: »
    But even at €9.99 - is it worth it for 5 channels which (just my opinion!) has limited content to a soccer fan??

After seeing this deal for under a tenner a month I've been contemplating it all morning if I'll extend it or not. Personally I think I'm going to take it. I'd happily pay a tenner for the UFC fights in HD alone. So two events a month and the odd match is a bargain for that price for me.

Sikpupi wrote: »

Just on the soccer BT will have first pick of matches on the run up to end of the league. So they will be picking the matches that will decide the league ahead of Sky. Two PL matches a week between BT and Setanta works ok for me.

Also the UFC and NBA make it worth 9.99 for me. But it is each to their own to find the best value for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

muffler wrote: »
    see the first post in this thread

no thanks.easier just to ask

Advertisement