Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland scholarship 2015

• 26-08-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys,
    Think I posted it in the wrong place before.
    I know this had been posted before in previous years but on receiving my consideration letter today I'm wondering if anyone knows if I'm guaranteed to get the scholarship now. I have a medical card etc. I'm 100% qualified to get it in terms of circumstances so should I not get my hopes up or can I say for certain that I will get it?
    Thanks so much!
    Good luck to everyone else☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ididthemathtom

Hi guys,
    Think I posted it in the wrong place before.
    I know this had been posted before in previous years but on receiving my consideration letter today I'm wondering if anyone knows if I'm guaranteed to get the scholarship now. I have a medical card etc. I'm 100% qualified to get it in terms of circumstances so should I not get my hopes up or can I say for certain that I will get it?
    Thanks so much!
    Good luck to everyone else☺

I also received a consideration offer today, and I'm also entirely eligible (state care ftw). From looking at past threads, lots of people have first mentioned receiving a consideration letter and then an offer, and I haven't seen any receive a letter and not get an offer. I've seen people say they got it with 490 and didn't with 590, depending on the county. I have also seen people questioning their lack of consideration letters and not receive an offer, presumably because they never received consideration letters.

I'd say you would be fairly alright to be very hopeful about this.
    May I ask what your top five grades were?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ima_mokster

I also received a consideration offer today, and I'm also entirely eligible (state care ftw). From looking at past threads, lots of people have first mentioned receiving a consideration letter and then an offer, and I haven't seen any receive a letter and not get an offer. I've seen people say they got it with 490 and didn't with 590, depending on the county. I have also seen people questioning their lack of consideration letters and not receive an offer, presumably because they never received consideration letters.

I'd say you would be fairly alright to be very hopeful about this.
    May I ask what your top five grades were?
    Oh that's promising to hear then :)
    Yeah there's lots of different situations that I've read of, I'm really really hopeful on it, it's an incredible amount of money for me..
    I'm from Dublin and 3A1s 2A2s, yourself?

Oh that's promising to hear then :)
    Yeah there's lots of different situations that I've read of, I'm really really hopeful on it, it's an incredible amount of money for me..
    I'm from Dublin and 3A1s 2A2s, yourself?

3 A1s, 1 A2, 1 B1, Waterford. I imagine with those results and the letter you can be very hopeful.

3 A1s, 1 A2, 1 B1, Waterford. I imagine with those results and the letter you can be very hopeful.

Well done! Yeah fingers crossed! Sent the letter back immediately this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dasey

Any idea when we should know whether we actually got the scholarship?

• Advertisement

dasey wrote: »
    Any idea when we should know whether we actually got the scholarship?

Within the next 2 weeks I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

I haven't got a consideration letter I'm from Carlow and I got 4A2 and a B1 but Im getting two subjects appealed and I'm 1 mark off an A1 in both. Is there a chance I can get it? Can you get offered a scholarship without a consideration letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

dazzadazza wrote: »
    I haven't got a consideration letter I'm from Carlow and I got 4A2 and a B1 but Im getting two subjects appealed and I'm 1 mark off an A1 in both. Is there a chance I can get it? Can you get offered a scholarship without a consideration letter?

I believe they keep a few scholarships until October for people who appeal, so say if you end up with 2 A1s and 3A2s you could easily get a letter in October :)

Bah_Humbug wrote: »
    I believe they keep a few scholarships until October for people who appeal, so say if you end up with 2 A1s and 3A2s you could easily get a letter in October :)

Adding to this, I did see in another boards thread someone who didn't receive a letter because they had his address wrong. He appealed and was given one in October.

Adding to this, I did see in another boards thread someone who didn't receive a letter because they had his address wrong. He appealed and was given one in October.

I hope so. I appealed two results and if they go up i have 2A1 2A2 and a B1. Carlow isn't that big so I really hope I get it.

• Advertisement

I hope so. I appealed two results and if they go up i have 2A1 2A2 and a B1. Carlow isn't that big so I really hope I get it.

Yeah, like tbh I'm from quite a large County and while my results were good, they weren't incredible. My top five amount to 500 (they count the extra 25 for maths) and I received a consideration letter, when the max you could get is 525 and I expected a lot more competition. In any case, you should be in with a good chance, and I advise contacting them with your new results even if only one changes.

Yeah, like tbh I'm from quite a large County and while my results were good, they weren't incredible. My top five amount to 500 (they count the extra 25 for maths) and I received a consideration letter, when the max you could get is 525 and I expected a lot more competition. In any case, you should be in with a good chance, and I advise contacting them with your new results even if only one changes.

When I contact them what do I say? I don't think it would sound too good if I blatantly ask for the scholarship lol As it stands I am on 470 if I do go up I will be on 490.

When I contact them what do I say? I don't think it would sound too good if I blatantly ask for the scholarship lol As it stands I am on 470 if I do go up I will be on 490.

Say you're eligible for the scholarship and in case it makes any difference for whether you'd receive it or not you have had your exams rechecked and they have gone up. Even with your results as is you'd still have a chance.

Say you're eligible for the scholarship and in case it makes any difference for whether you'd receive it or not you have had your exams rechecked and they have gone up. Even with your results as is you'd still have a chance.

Yeah good idea. Do you think I should contact them now or when I receive my new results?

Yeah good idea. Do you think I should contact them now or when I receive my new results?

I would advise waiting to get your results, provided they're back by late September, as I'm under the impression the awards ceremony is in October, and otherwise you may end up contacting them twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ciocattino22

Hi Guys, I am just wondering if anyone has received their 'official' letters yet? I got the consideration letter two weeks ago and sent back the required form as requested; however I have not heard anything back regarding the scholarship. Is anyone else in the same situation, and if so, then when could we possibly expect to receive the second letter?

Im still waiting after having sent back the form, I contacted them a day or two after sending it back and they said they received my letter and will send out the formal offers within the 2 next 2 weeks, so I reckon they'll be out the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gappyslutton

I got my letter in the post this morning

I got my letter in the post this morning

As did I! Over the moon would be an understatement!!😄😄

Got mine yesterday too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

My post is being forwarded to my college address so I'm freaking out a bit. Was it in a big or a small envelope??

Bah_Humbug wrote: »
    My post is being forwarded to my college address so I'm freaking out a bit. Was it in a big or a small envelope??

Normal sized white one

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

All offers should have arrived last week I believe.. If for some reason you didnt get yours then you should have been contacted by someone at this stage. If you dont get any contact by the end of this week I highly doubt you got an offer unless for some bizarre reason the offer never came in

Hey Yall wrote: »
    All offers should have arrived last week I believe.. If for some reason you didnt get yours then you should have been contacted by someone at this stage. If you dont get any contact by the end of this week I highly doubt you got an offer unless for some bizarre reason the offer never came in

What if you're getting your results rechecked? is there a chance of getting it?

dazzadazza wrote:
    What if you're getting your results rechecked? is there a chance of getting it?

Not sure about that .. I know offers were made last week and I have received mine already.. I would email them to ask

For what it's worth to anyone, I know both myself and another student declined the All Ireland in favour of another scholarship, so there's at least two available. He informed them about a fortnight ago, and I only let them know yesterday.

For what it's worth to anyone, I know both myself and another student declined the All Ireland in favour of another scholarship, so there's at least two available. He informed them about a fortnight ago, and I only let them know yesterday.

There's better paying scholarships than the all Ireland one?

Hey Yall wrote: »
    There's better paying scholarships than the all Ireland one?

There's scholarships that are close but provide better opportunities and connections.

There's scholarships that are close but provide better opportunities and connections.

If you don't mind me asking, which one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 printerlife

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the payments yet? :)

Advertisement