Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Strings for my new electric

• 15-09-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

HI all

I'm just wondering. I need to change the strings on my new american deluxe tele :D !! I am just wondering, as I am not used to electrics, what are the best strings for an electric? For example, D'Addario 12's really suit my McIlroy! So therefore, are there specific strings that would really suit a fender tele?

Thanks again All

Edja:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Whatever sounds and plays good to you is the best string. If you like the Daddarios, they a set of their electrics. Fenders own strings aren't too bad. Ernie Ball are worth checking out too.

Personally, I would say if you're just doodling about the house, then lash a set of www.webstrings.com on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

IMHO 12s are probably a bit high for an electric. Most people would use 9s or 10s.
    If you really want to use 12s you may find the nut needs a bit of filing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Treat your Tele to a set of Elixir 10's. Trust me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Edja

Thanks guys! Might try the elixers methinks!

Other question, what/where is the "nut" on the electric?????:confused: (I know, I am as dumb as f*ck about guitars and dont deserve to have the calibre of ones I have!!)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

The 'nut' he is referring to is the little bit of plastic (usually) that the strings run over at the top of the neck. They have grooves that are often just wide enough for a set of 10's so sometimes need a little filing to widen them for larger strings.

PS - Ernie Ball slinkys sound the best for me, but I think there are stronger strings out there...I rarely break them though. Usually I change them because they are gungy before they break.

• Advertisement
Advertisement