Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Love Henning Wehn!

Might be a night to give it a miss. Sara Pascoe, Josh Widdicombe (I don't mind) and Alex Horne and Horne Section. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I can't stand Alex Horne and his bullsh*t "comedy", but the rest of the episode was good. Nice to have Jon back finally...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

That Sara Pascoe is one hawt laydee...

Good to see Jon back. Actually enjoyed that episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If the horn section wasn't there it would have been much better. Comedy with props doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That zumba bit was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

lertsnim wrote: »
    If the horn section wasn't there it would have been much better. Comedy with props doesn't work.

Tommy Cooper was a fantastic prop comic, so it can work. Though I think you're right in the context of panel shows.

Yeah, on panel shows is what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Was Sean cheating tonight?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Addle wrote: »
    He was on top-form.. and Greg Davies excellent as always!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

The girl on John's team was utterly pointless. The fact that there has to be a token woman on every week really ruins it sometimes.

Thought it was pretty crap tonight. Vic Reeves still unfunny as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Addle wrote: »

He's getting better at it I think. He still has his bad times though. Poor Greg when Chris Eubank came out. They obviously didn't tell him that Chris was going to be there. Loving that Jon is back.

Okay episode, really like Greg Davies! Is this the last one of this series?

Gogglebox is on at 9 next Friday unfortunately with Alan Carr on at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hope they go back to the old show, this format has become stale.

Gogglebox is on at 9 next Friday unfortunately with Alan Carr on at 10.
    From 8 Out Of 10 Cats and The Last Leg to that horrific 2-hour slot! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Gogglebox is completely superior to what 8O10C has become, every panel show becomes stale eventually but this is just dire now, agree with the token women ruining it every week.

Gogglebox is full of people playing it up for the camera. It is a cringe fest.

Gogglebox is full of people playing it up for the camera. It is a cringe fest.

I think it worked the first few weeks of first series but agree, it's now flogging a dead horse, saying that, I still like Leon.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Gogglebox is completely superior to what 8O10C has become.
    Can't say I've ever really enjoyed it.. from what I've seen it recently, it's horribly contrived - and full of trite and stale opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I think it worked the first few weeks of first series but agree, it's now flogging a dead horse, saying that, I still like Leon.

It should just be Steph and Dom from now on. For ever and ever.

Christmas Special on Tuesday at 9pm..

.. guests are the horribly unfunny Katherine Ryan and the typically excellent Johnny Vegas. With D'OD in Dictionary Corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Can't abide Johnny Vegas so a nope from me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,695 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The only thing I like about Johnny Vegas is his wfe

I think Johnny Vegas is great, a very down to earth bloke and usually pretty funny. Katherine Ryan though is dreadful, unfunny and seems bitter about being on TV shows half the time and that she's doing them a favour being there.

Anyone else feel it's a little early for Christmas specials?

I think Johnny Vegas is great, a very down to earth bloke and usually pretty funny. Katherine Ryan though is dreadful, unfunny and seems bitter about being on TV shows half the time and that she's doing them a favour being there.

Did you know she is a "single mum". I don't think she has ever mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I saw Katherine Ryan live at a TV show taping last year. Honestly she was so bad I was cringing in my seat. I'm pretty sure they dubbed in laughter for the broadcast when I watched it back because there was almost none in the theatre. One of the worst comedians I have ever had the misfortune of having to sit through.

• Advertisement

Anyone else feel it's a little early for Christmas specials?
    Yep, I said the same thing when I saw the ad!
    Did you know she is a "single mum". I don't think she has ever mentioned it.
    Plus the fact she's a Canadian.. and Beyonce.. and Kanye West... oh LOL indeed! :rolleyes:

Advertisement