Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Anybody going to Felix the housecat in Crystall,, looks good, its a big gig we have been starved of top top DJ's for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Anybody going to Felix the housecat in Crystall,, looks good, its a big gig we have been starved of top top DJ's for a while...
    Bought my ticket online the other day, it should be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Big name dj´s and teenage disco´s,i seem to remember a previous owner of this venue going down that road just before he ran into trouble with the bank´s.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Big name dj´s and teenage disco´s,i seem to remember a previous owner of this venue going down that road just before he ran into trouble with the bank´s.

Very true escape had there teenage disco and couldnt get in any body after it, now its the mojo lounge:P
    They will hardly still appeal to the "21+" market when they hold this event ??
    When they first opened i remembered been told its were the over 21s play, now its more like 14+

I wouldnt go there after this would any body else ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Rather than start a new thread - I am in Waterford this weekend and want/need to see el Clasico on Saturday night, ko 9pm. Any decent pubs around the city centre showing this?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭sonyvision

geoffs is a nice spot with a relaxed atmosphere to start off, or the exchange is also a recommendation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Sonyvision managed to recommend the only pub in town without a television.

The Front Lounge will be showing El Classico. With sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

gimmick wrote: »
    Rather than start a new thread - I am in Waterford this weekend and want/need to see el Clasico on Saturday night, ko 9pm. Any decent pubs around the city centre showing this?

Thanks

Revolutions and The Woodman will probably be showing it too.

There would be no sound in Revolution. Woodman would definitely have it alight..with sound as well. More of an atmosphere in Front lounge mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

There would be no sound in Revolution. Woodman would definitely have it alight..with sound as well. More of an atmosphere in Front lounge mind you.

True. Donal would be proud of you! :D

• Advertisement

More to do with the fact that I've never seen more people obsessed with El Classico than some of the regulars in there and the two main bar men.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Front Lounge is where I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

gimmick wrote: »

Thanks

Watched one last year in The Kazbar with the sound on, good crowd and atmosphere in there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

sonyvision wrote: »
    Very true escape had there teenage disco and couldnt get in any body after it, now its the mojo lounge:P
    When they first opened i remembered been told its were the over 21s play, now its more like 14+

Harveys had them, hasnt stoped me going there

sonyvision wrote: »

Why wouldn't you go in there because the place holds a teen gig 😳 ?!?

Escape was well fkd before they held theirs, I think it was the only thing floating the place.

It's not like the kids will be mingling with normal punters on a night out.
    Forum/Harvey's and the venue all hold teen gigs from time to time they all seem to be doing fine.
    Looks like just another way to keep a place ticking over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Is tonight WIT xmas night, anyone know the heads up with be handy so I can board up the house lol

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

deisedave wrote: »
    Is tonight WIT xmas night, anyone know the heads up with be handy so I can board up the house lol

I heard that from a fb post last night. Heard absolutely nothing else though :/

deisedave wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be a high profile event anymore, just passes through town and it wasn't over run bu hoardes of dribbling students.
    Tis early yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

A few messy sights around town at the moment by all accounts...

Well the new WIT president has delcared a code of conduct over the weekend, be interesting to see what happens if stories start coming out about tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Yeah its getting messy already and its only half 6 its going to be a hard night for people living down here alright, I really have to move out of town soon :(

Students drinking, shouting and already running around the place down on Manor street.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well the new WIT president has delcared a code of conduct over the weekend, be interesting to see what happens if stories start coming out about tonight.

Nope. The registrar sent out a reminder about the WIT Code of Conduct alright, but this code was already there and has nothing to do with the interim president or the incoming president. There is no "new" president yet, and wont be until January 1st assuming he is ratified (I think that was last night, so he may be already).

Letter attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Whos the new president of WIT do we know?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jayboi wrote: »
    Whos the new president of WIT do we know?

The current President of Carlow Institute of Technology, Dr Ruaidhri Neavyn!

Sully wrote: »
    Jaysus I'd hate to have to spell that name correctly every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Sully wrote: »
    Ah right whats his track record like? surely cant be as bad as Caligula who just left. Any fetish for expensive curtins/ carpet/ sky sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Mayhem on the streets now for the last number of hours, including a car accident in Manor street involving 2 taxi's and a normal car full of kids...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Its crazy just went by guards are directing traffic guys jumping in front of my cars and people around blocking all traffic at 2 junctions in town

• Advertisement

I'm setting my alarm for Deise AM tomorrow anyway. :D

Advertisement